OT - cleaning the shower curtain liner

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxfanKK. Show SoxfanKK's posts

Re: OT - cleaning the shower curtain liner

Buy a nylon shower curtain, you will never need a liner.  Throw them in the washer, and hang back up to dry.  They last for YEARS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I've been thinking about how much I hated our glass doors when everyone started suggesting they'd be better than liners.  I agree with Sox - get a nylon liner and wash it.  It comes out clean, unlike glass.

Although, I found that Soft Scrub works well on shower scumb.  Test in inconspicuous area if it's fiberglass, though.  I've never had it scratch ANYTHING, but I'd hate to recommend something that ruins something of yours that's expensive!  I use it on my enameled stovetop, too.  DH bought black, thank you very much, before I came into his life.  He didn't know better, LOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT - cleaning the shower curtain liner:
    In Response to Re: OT - cleaning the shower curtain liner : They are generally made out of polyester so they repel water.  No one would use them if they got everything wet.
    Posted by dkb6248

When I first moved into my apartment, my roommate had a cloth shower curtain liner that soaked through and got water all over the bathroom every time anyone showered.  But, as you know, she's special...  :)

We don't have one of those anymore. 

Good luck with the house!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I love fabric shower curtain liners, but I have a fiberglass tub, and cannot seem to get the stains out of my liner when I wash it :(  It seems that the stains stick to the side of the tub, then they stick to the liner. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I thought the whole point of a fabric liner was that you can wash it and reuse it as opposed to throwing it out like the plastic ones? The most ecologically sound thing to do would be to read the news online as opposed to having the paper delivered. Any plastic bags I get, I save and use them when I walk the dog. I also poke hole sin them and use them as litter box liners
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Hi Pink - I just requested to add you as a friend because I had a question about your post and didn't want to hijack the thread...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

are you talking about the shower curtain itself, or the actual plastic liner???  my shower curtain is fabric, and the liner is one of those washable plastics that is resistant to mold, etc.  but it does get a soap buildup along the bottom.

Both of mine are white...I throw both in the wash, and find that Tide, Oxy Clean and clorox bleach work wonders.  I also add liquid fabric softner for the nice scent and it softens up both wonderfully.  I don't put either in the dryer.  When the wash is complete, I hang it back up and let it air dry.

I'm finding lately that the powder oxy clean dosen't dissolve as well as it used to, so I'm going to have to switch to the liquid next time I buy it...i'm finding it to be turning into a rock hard form...i do like how it cleans though.   i also find that bleaches other than clorox don't clean as well as clorox (just my 2 cents) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

You can hijack Heather!  What more can we say about shower curtains?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

thanks for letting me know! I never check my profile page.

In Response to Re: OT - cleaning the shower curtain liner : Hi Pink - I just requested to add you as a friend because I had a question about your post and didn't want to hijack the thread...
    Posted by heatherv1211

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

You can hijack Heather!  What more can we say about shower curtains?
    Posted by dkb6248

When I was in college, I had a blue shower curtain with silver moons and stars all over it.  My then-roommate went over all of the silver stuff with glittery silver puffy paint.  It took like three days to dry.

Give me a topic, I'll come up with something to say.  Kiss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Left you a message!

i don't really have anything interesting to say about shower curtains or liners, but we have a window in our shower (frosted glass, no shows for the neighbors) and there is water accumulating between the panes!  Like an inch of water in there!  Don't know what to do.

thanks for letting me know! I never check my profile page. In Response to Re: OT - cleaning the shower curtain liner :
    Posted by pinkkittie27

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

We removed our glass doors -- totally painful keeping them clean.  They were older and so much crud would get in the tracks and the chrome pieces.

We now have a lovely fabric curtain AND a clear plastic liner.  The whole idea is to have the fabric curtain stay outside the tub so it doesn't get soaked, and the plastic liner stays inside the tub to keep the water in. 

If you cut the bottom of the liner off so there is no seam/hem, there's nothing for gunk to cling to, so less mold and crud. 

By the way, if you're ever doing a painting project, the $1.00 shower curtain liners are awesome to use for dropcloths. 

I can't believe I'm still talking about this.  Slow news day! 

Sections
Shortcuts