OT Do you refrigerate cake?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

OT Do you refrigerate cake?

If you have cake at home and it doesn't have butter cream or cream cheese frosting do you refrigerate the cake?

I don't -- I think it always dries out the cake.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: OT Do you refrigerate cake?

They sell plastic, air tight cake carriers at Target.  Keeps them fresh on the counter or in the fridge.  Good for pie, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Depends how long you want to save the cake for.  1 day--I may leave it out.  If I expect it to last longer than that, it goes in the fridge, in a tightly sealed plastic container.  I don't think it dries out too much if the container has a reasonable seal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Nah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Cake I usually just cover with plastic and leave on the counter.  If it dries, you can cut the edges and still eat the rest.

I freeze cupcakes.  Happiness is a half-frozen yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Nope, sits on the counter.  I hate cold cake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

You have cake that lasts longer than a day?!?

I have a covered cake tray on the counter...which causes me to take a bite every time I walk by it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I prefer to put it in the fridge, but if there's no room and it's in an airtight container I'll leave it on the counter.
    Of course cake usually doesn't go uneaten for more than a day in my house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I'm with some of the "others"
    Wendy - there needs to be a third option "cake doesn't last more than a few hours in my house"

:)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

No refrigerator, I think it dries the cake out. Any leftover, I leave on the counter in a tightly sealed container. Or I cut it in slices, and repack it with wax paper in btw. the slices and freeze it. Now, I can remove as few or as many slices I want and thaw them on the counter w/o having them dry out. Works for me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

In Response to Re: OT Do you refrigerate cake?:
    [QUOTE]Nope, sits on the counter.  I hate cold cake.
    Posted by trex509[/QUOTE]

Cold cake ain't worth the calories!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Thanks ladies, I thought it went without saying that it goes in an airtight container.  But sadly the cupcakes that were in question were brought as a hostess gift/dessert (I knew about them in advance) and we kept the left overs.  They had been in the 'fridge before they were brought to my house and the guest promptly put them in when she arrived and after we at them.  I had very little control over the situation :)  And once they had been in the fridge once I figured the battle was lost.  Fortunately I am not a big fan of the place the cupcakes were from, but the guest of honor loves them so it wasn't a hardship that they were in the fridge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Now I want cake.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Hostess orange cupcakes.  A personal guilty pleasure!