OT - Easily Agitated?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

OT - Easily Agitated?

Is anyone else experiencing this?  I am 8 weeks out from my wedding, and I'm noticing I'm getting easily annoyed and frustrated.  Mostly at work.  My work environment is really loud and disruptive sometimes, and we all sit in very close quarters.  When people are on the phone, all I hear are their obnoxious conversations.  Most of which are work related.  One person who sits right behind me talks on the phone so long and loud, and he'll turn around he'll face the back of my head and talk.  I'm going to scream!! 

I don't really know if one has anything to do with the other, but I am noticing my aggravation more and more as I come closer to the date.  Ha, ha!

Okay, I just needed to vent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: OT - Easily Agitated?

easy agitation will happen, and will be more frequent  the closer you get to your wedding.  your wedding is getting closer, the details are falling into place, and you want everything to go off w/o a hitch.  

easy agitation happens.  let it out.  its not good to keep it in.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

It's normal. Although I get easily adigated all the time, lol! But just vent on these boards and yell at the people who are dumb and start fights lol.

Just try to relax. You are so close! :) I can not BELIEVE how fast summer flew!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I am feeling the same things...it is stress.  Mine is not related to my wedding  :) but I have other things going on that are creating havoc in my life so my stress level is out the ying yang.

Which means that stupid little things seem huge to me and I easily get frustrated and annoyed. And adding on to that (sorry in advance) I am PMS'ing so that adds some hormonal emotional stuff to the mix and then voila anything can set me off.

I can usually control my reactions and not mouth off when I am annoyed and take a deep breath and seriously take a moment and ask myself am I annoyed for a legitimate purpose or is it stress/emotion driven.  It sometimes helps me become less annoyed but mostly it just helps me in how I react to things.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

wendy, that's what I've been trying to do, too.  Am I getting annoyed because of the situation of what's annoying me, or am I just annoyed in general and anything will tip me off? 

I'm really trying to keep things in perspective.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

sept2010bride...this must have been the fastest summer on record!!!  we're looking at the family labor day cookout already..and we plan christmas that weekend.  

its making me nauseous how fast the summer has flown...but we haven't had much of a summer, either!   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I'm easily agitated all the time, so I'm probably no help...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I definitely was.  I suddenly couldn't stand anyone, and every little thing was either so annoying or I took way too personally.  I was getting really burnt out at work in general.  I was at the point where I told DH that after the honeymoon I was going to start looking for a new job.

When I came back after the honeymoon, I was fine.  The wedding stress was over and I had a 2 week vacation away from work, so I now I feel refreshed and recharged.  And I'm back to liking everyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I was a total basketcase in the weeks leading up to my wedding.  I wasn't worried about vendors, or weather, or anything like that, I was just so overwhelmed with everything I had to do.  I didn't even get to enjoy my lunch breaks anymore, because they were filled with wedding-related errands.  I hated it.

And I can totally relate to your in-law post from last week...my MIL drove me CRAZY.  It was to the point I had to have DH call her about wedding stuff because I couldn't even deal with talking to her.  But after it was all over I realized I was just overreacting, and I never would have felt that way if I wasn't dealing with all the wedding stress.

Just make sure you take some time for yourself.  The most therapeutic thing for me was to schedule some me time.  I'd just pick a night where I'd swear off everything wedding-related, shut off the phone, and sit back with a glass of wine and watch a movie or read a book.  It helps!  :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I'm noticing that my time away from thinking about wedding stuff is so wonderful!  I can't wait to get married, but I'm finding that more people are more interested in talking about all the wedding details.  Yes, we need to discuss those, of course, but I'm doing fine, too.  Oh, and thanks for asking.  UGH! 

Okay, yeah, I'm cranky today, too.  Everything I'm thinking/saying today is dripping with sarcasm. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Easily Agitated?:
    [QUOTE] The most therapeutic thing for me was to schedule some me time.  I'd just pick a night where I'd swear off everything wedding-related, shut off the phone, and sit back with a glass of wine and watch a movie or read a book.  It helps!  :)
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

My favorite thing to do! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

LOL Goodness, I like your sarcastic side though!  :)

I was the same way; I hated talking about the wedding.  I got to the point where people would bring it up and I'd just change the subject or beg them to talk about anything else.  I reached a point where I finally just started letting other people make decisions for me, because I didn't care anymore.  My florist told me that I was the easiest bride she ever dealt with...I told her what I wanted for bouquets, and asked her to pick the rest of the flowers for me.  LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]LOL Goodness, I like your sarcastic side though!  :) I was the same way; I hated talking about the wedding.  I got to the point where people would bring it up and I'd just change the subject or beg them to talk about anything else.  I reached a point where I finally just started letting other people make decisions for me, because I didn't care anymore.  My florist told me that I was the easiest bride she ever dealt with...I told her what I wanted for bouquets, and asked her to pick the rest of the flowers for me.  LOL!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

I do that, too, kmt09, but then I get pegged with "Oh, is something wrong?" if I don't want to talk about wedding details for 24 hours straight!! 

No, nothing is wrong...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I thought I was going to lose my mind right before the wedding. I was SO stressed out, I couldn't even look forward to the honeymoon. I was just looking forward to it all being over and done with.
    Whenever I'm stressed, I'm easily agitated. Whn i'm easily agitated, EVERYTHING annoys me. It's terrible. Those are the days I just try to keep quiet and keep to myself.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT - Easily Agitated? : I do that, too, kmt09, but then I get pegged with "Oh, is something wrong?" if I don't want to talk about wedding details for 24 hours straight!!  No, nothing is wrong...
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

me too goodness. I was out to lunch with one of my friends and all she wanted to talk about was my wedding. It got to the point where i said to her "can we please talk about something else?? I am so sick of talking about my wedding at this point" and she looked at me funny like I should want to talk about my wedding nonstop.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I am crazy sarcastic to my DH as a release he always understood.  And he knew if I put on Lifetime it wasn't because I hated him or was mad at him but needed a release :)  And he would make me a fudgecycle with peanut butter and all was good....hrrrm I know what I am doing tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT - Easily Agitated? : me too goodness. I was out to lunch with one of my friends and all she wanted to talk about was my wedding. It got to the point where i said to her "can we please talk about something else?? I am so sick of talking about my wedding at this point" and she looked at me funny like I should want to talk about my wedding nonstop.
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

I just think that everyone on the outside thinks that you're all about the wedding.  That you breathe, eat, sleep, drink wedding.  I am still a person here.  That's what I think my issue is.  It's not personal anymore.  Everyone keeps focusing on the planning, the vendors, the venue, the dress, etc.  But, I'm still here, people.  I'm still a person even after the wedding is over. 

That, and work is just flat out bugging me lately.  :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]I am crazy sarcastic to my DH as a release he always understood.  And he knew if I put on Lifetime it wasn't because I hated him or was mad at him but needed a release :)  And he would make me a fudgecycle with peanut butter and all was good....hrrrm I know what I am doing tonight.
    Posted by wendy98[/QUOTE]

Whenever I put on Lifetime, all I hear him say is, "UH OH".  It's cute.  He gets into some of them... well, sometimes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

A Fudgsicle with peanut butter? How did I never think of that??? That sounds amazing.
    Also, I was completely stressed out before my wedding. SO STRESSED with family illness stuff, job stuff, in law stuff, everthing! I have great skin, been blessed with that for quite sometime, and no joke, the 2 weeks before the wedding, my skin broke out SO badly! I was getting pimples on my Forehead, where I've never gotten them before! It was awful. I put on some coverup for the wedding, and miraculously, once the wedding was over, they disappeared!
    If you find yourself easily agitated, make sure you have an outlet for it. Go for a walk if you're in your office. Yell at someone on the phone (a friend, not a poor customer service person, I mean!)...drop some f-bombs. It helps. Get the frustration out, and know that it will be over soon, and this agitation will be a distant memory!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]A Fudgsicle with peanut butter? How did I never think of that??? That sounds amazing. Also, I was completely stressed out before my wedding. SO STRESSED with family illness stuff, job stuff, in law stuff, everthing! I have great skin, been blessed with that for quite sometime, and no joke, the 2 weeks before the wedding, my skin broke out SO badly! I was getting pimples on my Forehead, where I've never gotten them before! It was awful. I put on some coverup for the wedding, and miraculously, once the wedding was over, they disappeared! If you find yourself easily agitated, make sure you have an outlet for it. Go for a walk if you're in your office. Yell at someone on the phone (a friend, not a poor customer service person, I mean!)...drop some f-bombs. It helps. Get the frustration out, and know that it will be over soon, and this agitation will be a distant memory!
    Posted by katel[/QUOTE]

Ha, I have been doing that.  I've been dropping f-bombs lately, and it's so not my nature.  I don't swear, normally, but I'm finding myself feeling the need to do it for everything!  A dentist appointment that didn't go well, I dropped and f-bomb after the fact.  What?  Hello?  So weird.  I just need to try and relax and breathe. 

I'm like you, katel.  My skin is normally really good.  I've been blessed, as well.  But, lately, I've been getting little pimples here and there.  I need to get a facial soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm extremely easily agitated when I'm PMSing.  Every little thing drives me crazy, and even if I don't say anything, I am ranting and raging to the "offender" in my head for hours.  It's sick.

But, I also experience it to some degree when I'm under stress, and 8 weeks before the wedding certainly counts as a stressful time. 

Our bodies actually don't "know" the difference between good and bad stress - it releases cortisol and adrenaline and all those hightened response hormones either way.  So, even zooming in to the best day of your life is going to trigger hightened responses to irritations.

Don't worry, it's totally normal and physiologically driven.  You can combat it by taking a multivitamin (they all have Vitamin B Complex which helps regulate mood).  And, get enough sleep and water every day.  Call a good friend and just chat about nothing, laugh and enjoy their company.  All these things will counteract the stress hormones, and things won't irritate you so much.

Best, Goodness,
    ~kar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

kar, you're always so soothing to my mental health.  Every time I read one of your posts, I laugh or feel so happy that you've reached out personally to me to ease whatever I'm going through (whether it be good or bad). 

I think I just need to put things in perspective and realize that it's not always a big deal (as I might make it out to be sometimes). 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]kar, you're always so soothing to my mental health.  Every time I read one of your posts, I laugh or feel so happy that you've reached out personally to me to ease whatever I'm going through (whether it be good or bad).  I think I just need to put things in perspective and realize that it's not always a big deal (as I might make it out to be sometimes). 
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

You're such a dear to say so, Goodness, my friend. :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT - Easily Agitated? : You're such a dear to say so, Goodness, my friend. :)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Big hugs!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

{{{{{{Goodness}}}}}}}  Cool