OT - eye makeup remover

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

OT - eye makeup remover

Can anyone recommend a great eye makeup remover, preferably an oil-free formula?  I have always used the L'Oreal remover in the blue bottle, but lately I've found that I'm having a hard time removing eyeliner with it (mascara and shadow come right off).  I tried Almay eye makeup remover pads, and they aren't terribly effective with this eyeliner, either. 
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Re: OT - eye makeup remover

I buy the inexpensive Maybelline with the blue cap.  It's oil free and gets everything off easily. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oil-free eye makeup remover will never work as well as the ones that have oil in them. your eyeliner is oil-based. therefore, you either need an oil-based remover to get it off easily, or you're in fro some heavy-duty rubbing. Waterproof eyemakeup cannot be removed without an oil-based remover. and keep in mind that just because something contains oil, it won't necessarily break you out.

I use Albolene. Nothing I've found works better, and I've treid everything from Dior to CVS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Do you wear waterproof eyeliner/mascara?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

also wanted to add- it may not be your formula that's the problem. try soaking a q-tip in a remover and them run it along your lash line. it's more accurate than using a cotton ball or wipe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mezzogal1124. Show mezzogal1124's posts

In Response to Re: OT - eye makeup remover:
    [QUOTE]Do you wear waterproof eyeliner/mascara?
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

I don't wear waterproof mascara.  I wear different kinds of eyeliner, but my current favorite is Urban Decay 24/7 (with a name like that, I guess it's not *supposed* to come off!).

Pink, I've used Albolene before, but only to remove heavy stage makeup.  I never thought of putting it directly on my eyes, but it's good to know that it works.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Neutrogena eye makeup remover (or the cheaper CVS brand) is by far the best I have ever used, and I have tried A LOT. My best friend uses baby oil, and it gets ride of everything, as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

The best and cheapest eye makeup that you can get at a drug store [not in a dept store or Sephora] and in pad form is Andrea EyeQs [I think it's called that- it's Andrea something].  It looks like the Almay and Maybelline packaging and is generally in the same section, but tends to cost less than the Almay or Maybelline.  They have it in both oil and oil free formulas. I usually find it at Rite Aid or CVS.  It works well for waterproof and regular mascara. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I've always just used Vaseline or Ponds cold cream.  Does the trick and it's cheap (I wear waterproof).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I used the cammomile waterproof eye makeup remover from the body shop.  It works great!  Really takes everything off and it is very gentle and doesn't dry out my eyes (I have sensitive skin).  The only thing that is weird about it is that it is a cream.  Love this stuff!

ETA: this stuff doesn't require scrubbing, which also really bothered my eyes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chiffonade. Show chiffonade's posts

I use Clinique's rinse off eye make up solvent -- love it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

In Response to OT - eye makeup remover:
    [QUOTE]Can anyone recommend a great eye makeup remover, preferably an oil-free formula?  I have always used the L'Oreal remover in the blue bottle, but lately I've found that I'm having a hard time removing eyeliner with it (mascara and shadow come right off).  I tried Almay eye makeup remover pads, and they aren't terribly effective with this eyeliner, either.  Thanks!
    Posted by mezzogal1124[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TammieMarie. Show TammieMarie's posts

I also use the Body Shop camomile remover and love it.  I use the liquid remover that comes in a plastic bottle.  I tried the cream, but the liquid works better.  It is not at all irritating and works well.  JMO

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

yup. I use it every night to take off my eye makeup, and it takes only seconds. all other eye makeup removers either don't work as well or irritate the heck out of my eyes. the Lancome stuff left my eyelids raw and stinging.
    I think i've had the same jar of Albolene for years and it's not even half gone.
    Vaseline, baby oil, and olive oil also work pretty well, but Albolene is still my favorite. especially because it's so inexpensive and lasts forever.

BTW- LOVE UD's eyeliner, and I can't live w/o their eyeshadow primer.

In Response to Re: OT - eye makeup remover:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT - eye makeup remover : I don't wear waterproof mascara.  I wear different kinds of eyeliner, but my current favorite is Urban Decay 24/7 (with a name like that, I guess it's not *supposed* to come off!). Pink, I've used Albolene before, but only to remove heavy stage makeup.  I never thought of putting it directly on my eyes, but it's good to know that it works.
    Posted by mezzogal1124[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

I use the Mary Kay eye mayeup remover.  Never thought I'd be a fan of their products, but I do love this one.  I have very sensitive skin and I found that many drugstore brands would cause a reaction, but this does not.  It is a bit pricey though. 
    The remover from the Body Shop sounds great - maybe I'll try that when this runs out. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

I use the ponds makeup remover wet pad things. It removes all my makeup, including eye liner easily

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

i have sensitive skin, and needs to be careful.  however I've found elizabeth arden's eye make up remover to be awesome...removes it quick without burning & itching of my eyes

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

I may be a little late on this thread, but I swear by Baby Oil Gel.  I wear waterproof mascara and have been using babyoil to remove makeup since highschool and when I stumbled upon the gel version, my world changed!  I have tried the Almay pads and the Maybelline formla but they really didn't impress me. 
    =)