OT-Grammar Comic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT-Grammar Comic

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

sorry this doesn't open in a new window but i saw this today and thought of you guys. Happy Wednesday!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT-Grammar Comic

I'd be able to imagine the eagle scenario a lot easier if typing an exclamation point didn't require using the shift key. ;)

this is cute, thanks for sharing!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ridley-. Show Ridley-'s posts

Heh. I want a pet alot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I know, alot looks like he could be kind of fun to hang around with

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

I love this cartoon alot. Wink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Oh man I just laughed so hard at my desk that my eyes teared up.  Haven't laughed that hard in a while.  The part about the eagle was the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

*love*

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's used so often by people with otherwise good grammar that I just try to ignore Alot.  It's like ignoring the elephant in the room, though - it drives me crazy!

But, if usage is what drives the dictionary entries, I'm surprised it's not an English word by now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

That is a funny blog! I flipped through some of the other posts. It's almost as good as The Oatmeal!

Thanks for posting it NL! You made my day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

I am completely in love with alot. That made my day. Thanks for posting it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from -callie. Show -callie's posts

Was I the only one to think,  uh-oh, do I do that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

I enjoyed Alot.

I got a bigger kick out of reading a post on another board last night, when the poster said in 3 places,  apart of  when meaning a part of.   Making the meaning, the opposite of what was intended, which was funny.  Naturally, Alot kept coming to mind.

Thanks for the link.