OT - Halloween Costume ideas for DH

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

OT - Halloween Costume ideas for DH

Hi - I'm getting in early with this one in an attempt to be organized this year.

Does anyone have any ideas for a cheap(-ish), yet amusing costume for DH for a halloween party?  In the past we have always done couples costumes, but are mixing it up a bit this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT - Halloween Costume ideas for DH

A plumber is always a good and cheap costume.

If he's got a good suit and you buy a pair of joke handcuffs he can be whichever recently arrested political figure you like

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I can see him being really in to the plumber idea!

He suggested a doctor - scrubs, face mask etc... only not so creative or amusing when he is actually a doctor!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Dh just suggested Mad Men, all you need is a suit and a skinny tie and some hair gel.

In Response to Re: OT - Halloween Costume ideas for DH:
    [QUOTE]I can see him being really in to the plumber idea! He suggested a doctor - scrubs, face mask etc... only not so creative or amusing when he is actually a doctor!
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

The Dread Pirate Roberts!  Wear all black and a bandana.  Plus, he would get to carry a sword!

OK, yes, I'm mildly obsessed with The Princess Bride.  So sue me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Lucy, mildly??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I saw this once and it was *awesome*!  My friend was a table.  He got a piece of cardboard, cut a hole for his head and put it on his shoulders.  He glued a tablecloth to it and place settings, glasses, silverware, etc.  I think his head came through a plate or something.  It was SO funny!  But might be a little uncomfortable... :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

My FI is lame, and I have to beg him to dress up. This year he said he was going to be Three Hole Punch...like Jim from The Office, when he was Three Hole Punch in the Halloween episode.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]I can see him being really in to the plumber idea! He suggested a doctor - scrubs, face mask etc... only not so creative or amusing when he is actually a doctor!
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

You could spice it up by splattering fake blood and guts all over him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Let him go as a doctor.  All he needs is really pricey sports clothes, golf clubs, a calculaor in his pocket and a cell phone with his investment councilor, lawyer, insurance Co. and a few hookers on speed dial.   And of course, a firm conviction he is GOD. 

(Never know I have a nursing background, huh?)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

oh be nice whata--my husband is a doctor and we definitely have no investment counselor or lawyer or expensive clothes.  and no hookers on speed dial, thank you.  instead we have tons of student loans and 100 hour work weeks.  he's still a resident though, so maybe one day, a decade from now, we can buy a new calculator or something.  :p

(i'm not offended, btw.  and being married to a doctor ensures that i have heard about and met some totally obnoxious docs, but the picture you paint doesn't really jibe with most of the ones i know.)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

My very much loved Dad is a doctor  in a rural area, and nothing like the stereotype.  But any young resident recognizes the type in a few of his supervising physicians,  especially on surgical rotations!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

[QUOTE]My very much loved Dad is a doctor  in a rural area, and nothing like the stereotype.  But any young resident recognizes the type in a few of his supervising physicians,  especially on surgical rotations!
    Posted by whatawagSBNy[/QUOTE]

yeah, it is just disheartening to hear the stereotype reinforced.  My husband is a surgeon-in-training, and it reassures me to know, when he is working his 80th hour of the week at the hospital in the middle of the night, that he is doing something that directly helps other people.  He is very dedicated to his work for the same reasons most healthcare professionals (docs, nurses, allied health professionals) are dedicated to their jobs: he cares about his patients.  Not that there are no surgeons like the one you described--but the broad brush you jokingly used rubbed me the wrong way this afternoon.  It's been a crazy few months for him, and me by extension... what can I say...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

It is sad that surgeons have reputations of being a-holes who don't give a sh*t about their patients, and care more about fixing the problem. Although, my heart surgeon was like that, and to be honest, I would have much rather him care about saving my life, than being nice to my parents.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Txgrl82. Show Txgrl82's posts

DH was the devil one year. He wore a black suit he already had and bought a red shirt and black tie at Burlington Coat Factory for $14.99.

I painted his face red, colored his goatee and eyebrows with black mascara, and bought the horns that glue onto the head. He looked great!

I do like the doctor idea though...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from June09. Show June09's posts

Last year, I got my husband a black hoodie, cut out the word magnet from a white sticker, and sewed on a bunch of yellow peeps. He was a "chick magnet". (the hard part was finding peeps in October, but you could print out pictures of chicks and do the same thing)

For myself, I cut holes in a clear trash bag for my head and arms, then filled it with different color balloons (small), and printed a large jelly belly logo that I stuck on the front...voila, bag of jelly beans.

Simple, cheap, and they went over pretty well...

Sections
Shortcuts