OT - happy, eventful weekend!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

OT - happy, eventful weekend!

Hello ladies,
    I apologize for the completely off topic post, but I'm over-tired & unable to focus!  I know some of you know about my DH & his cancer struggles (and thank you all for your support!!!)  Just wanted to post that on Thursday he had his first post-transplant scans & all is well - No Evidence of Disease!!!  We've been waiting for 9 months to find out if it worked & I cannot begin to say how relieved we both were!
    We had only that 1 evening to relax and celebrate though, because on Friday we picked up our 2 adopted beagles!  They have had tough little lives so far, but they are already adapting to having a home of their own & we cannot wait until they settle in as part of our family.  Whew... this weekend was probably more tiring/life-altering than the wedding!  But I wanted to share the good news! Thanks for indulging me :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT - happy, eventful weekend!

Oh- that is so full of happy! Yay!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ti, you just made me tear up! I am SO happy for you and DH. Congratulations on your triumph! And I think the doggies is a great start to a new happy start! Again, I am so happy for you :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Tibird, that's such awesome news! That's fantastic that your DH is healthy and disease-free. You know, they say that people who own pets live longer, healthier lives too. Beagles are awesome dogs, they're so loyal and playful!

Maybe you can set up a play date with Kar's puppy. Tongue out

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ilovebeagles. Show ilovebeagles's posts

congrats Tbird!!!!!! yay for hubby!!!

and excellent choice on the pups! lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

That is such wonderful news all around. My friend just donated stem cells to the Dana Farber Institute. I visited her in the hospital when she was doing it, and I was so proud of her. She said it was the best decision she could have made, and worth the 8 hours that it took.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

What a relief for you guys, that is such wonderful news.  Thanks for sharing!

Congrats on the puppies!  I can't wait until we have our own place and can get a dog.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Tibird, that is such great news!!!!!  I'm so, so happy for you and your DH. 

I think getting two puppies is a great way to celebrate!  You must be having so much fun with them.  I'd love to see pics if you get around to it!  Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Awesome news!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

In Response to Re: OT - happy, eventful weekend!:
    That is such wonderful news all around. My friend just donated stem cells to the Dana Farber Institute. I visited her in the hospital when she was doing it, and I was so proud of her. She said it was the best decision she could have made, and worth the 8 hours that it took.
    Posted by Peonie

Peoni - That is awesome!!!  DH had his transplant at DFI... he used his own cells (luckily) but meeting people there made us realize how big a need there is.  Also the need for blood, which I had posted about long ago - you never really know the impact a blood donor can make until you hear "sorry, your blood type is in low quantities & we can't give you the 2 units your doctor requested". (nhbride - if you're still out there - THANK YOU again!!!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

KMT - meet Scout & Molly (Molly is the one who lost an eye to to lack of medical care at thier old home)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Oh wow Ti, they are so adorable!!!  I love them!  How old are they?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from november2009. Show november2009's posts

Congratulations on such great news!  Love the beagles.  Too cute.  Hope you and your DH are making big plans to celebrate his being cancer free.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

The best estimate is that they are between 2-3, but they were abandonned, so nobody really knows. 

November - We had a nice dinner out the other day to celebrate, and I'm sure we will do something with friends/family when the pups are settled in, but for now we are just enjoying the relief and moving on!  It's weird, but the cancer has controlled all our thoughts & actions for so long even celebrating right now seems like giving it more power.  So we're just happy!

Thanks all for your support ~ we're lucky to have such a great group here!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

TI, yes I was so proud of her! I brought her 3 movies to watch during it! She has a picture posted of her doing it on FB, but I don't want to post it on here. Can I have your email address??

Your pups are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! You two are angels for giving them homes :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

In Response to Re: OT - happy, eventful weekend!:
    TI, yes I was so proud of her! I brought her 3 movies to watch during it! She has a picture posted of her doing it on FB, but I don't want to post it on here. Can I have your email address?? Your pups are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!! You two are angels for giving them homes :)
    Posted by Peonie

I sent you a friend request so I can send you my email...

Yeah, DH & I have a soft spot for souls in need, especially the cute furry ones  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Ok, we're friends :)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

What wonderful news!

And, Beagles are my favorite!  They are head strong and stubborn, but just so damn gorgeous and happy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanking God for your great news of DH's report and praying the same for the rest of your long, healthy lives together.

The beagles are ADORABLE!!  It must be so much fun to watch them play together.  I almost wish we had a playmate for our pup, but then, again, she's a handful all by herself.  I hope you are enjoying them - I know it can be very hard work at first and might not seem like fun yet!  I hear it gets easier... ;)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Ti, LOOK at those faces, how could you not bring them home! How kind of you and DH to take them together so they wouldn't be split up. You guys have been through so much, and yet have such kind hearts and give to others....god bless you!! :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Tibird - That is great news about your husband. :)  I can't imagine what the past 9 months (probably longer) have been like for you both, waiting. 

And I'm so happy for you and for those puppies for finding each other!!  I cannot fathom how anyone could abuse or abandon their pets.  That poor Molly.  They are so lucky that you and DH have adopted them, as you both will be very lucky to have them!  I'm with DKB - waiting to move to a bigger place so that I can adopt a dog (or 2).  I used to have a dog, and life has just been nowhere near as happy without him.  Of course, I can't quite express that to DH or his feelings get a little hurt... :)

Anyway, congrats on both!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Fabulous news Tibird!  Congratulations and thanks for sharing!!

My mom had breast cancer 15 years ago.  Every year when she goes in for her check up, I think she still holds her breath until the results come in. But so far so good!!  And I hope for you two that you will be saying the same in 15 years!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Ti!  That is the best news!  I will have a cosmo tonight in celebration of your DH!  It's been a long hard road for you guys and it's about time you had some excellent news AND some cute puppies!   Big hug! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Thanks everyone!  Hope you all have great weekends too!!

Sections
Shortcuts