OT-Holidays for everyday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT-Holidays for everyday

So bored at the office and I decided to try and liven things up a little around here. Apparently there's a holiday for just about every day of the year. My birthday?

National Brownie Day
    Bad Hair Day

DH is National Fried Chicken Day. Yum!

What about the rest of you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: OT-Holidays for everyday

I've got a bonanza for my birthday. It's also:

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'll play

January 25th

Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
          Burns Night (Scotland and Scottish community)

Christian Feast Day:
               Conversion of Paul the Apostle
               Dwynwen
               Gregory the Theologian (Eastern (Byzantine) Catholic Church)     

January 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
          Criminon Day (Scientology)
          Dydd Santes Dwynwen, Welsh Valentine's Day (Wales)
          Earliest day on which the first day of Carnival of Cádiz can fall, while February 28 is the latest; celebrated two Sundays before Ash Wednesday until Ash Wednesday (Cádiz)
          Feast of the Conversion of Saint Paul (Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Anglican and Lutheran churches, which concludes the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity)
         Tatiana Day (Russia)
         The last day of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity (Christian ecumenism)  
         Republic Day in India

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Happy belated birthday Winter!

Bubble Wrap Appreciation day sounds like fun :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

My birthday is April 1st, so I have April Fools Day but after some searching it seems it's also a whole bunch of other obscure holidays including Edible Book Day! That would be an interesting one to celebrate, I don't think I've ever seen an edible book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

In Response to Re: OT-Holidays for everyday:
    My birthday is April 1st, so I have April Fools Day but after some searching it seems it's also a whole bunch of other obscure holidays including Edible Book Day! That would be an interesting one to celebrate, I don't think I've ever seen an edible book.
    Posted by clc51510

Maybe you can make one this year w/ fruit roll ups?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Thanks Northern.  I'm thinking Bubble Wrap Appreciation would be fun.  I like national Brownie day on your birthday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Mine are a little boring, but Autonomy Day seems apt:

but I share my birthday with lots of famous people, so it evens out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zenbat. Show zenbat's posts

I've got Groundhog's Day and France's crepe day.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Ooooh, this is a fun game.

Hooray International Literacy Day! My birthday has occasionally been Labor Day or the first day of school too. When I was younger, how cool you were was directly related to how awesomely your friends decorated your locker on your birthday. When it was the first day of school no one decorated my locker and it was a major high school crisis.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

OMG, mine is hilarious:

Flitch Day (From an old custom from long ago whereby bacon was given to married couples who could prove they had lived in harmony and fidelity for one year. Very few "took home the bacon.")

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

ALF - a fruit roll-up book would be pretty amazing! I could bind it with Fruit by the Foot.  I haven't had either of those in years but I bet they are still delicious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cos, is that really where that saying came from?  Funny!

Hm, what's mine, let's see...

Jan 3:  Festival of Sleep Day

I can't find anything on the origins, but the "holiday" is all over the web for my birthday so I guess it exists...sort of.  I do love sleep.  Nothing better than a nice warm, cozy nap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

That's a direct quote from the site I googled....

I love having a Bacon-Related Holiday for my special day.  Explains a lot!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

That's awesome Cos :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

I have Hagfish Day and Evaluate your Life Day. Awesome. Anyone know what a hagfish is? lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

A hagfish is a really ugly fish.  But it's a white fish so it's somewhat tasty. :-) 

ETA: Sorry, confused it w/ another fish.  It's still really ugly, and slimy to boot, but I haven't eaten one of these. lol. I was thinking of a wolffish.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from venforknot. Show venforknot's posts

I just keep picturing a fish in tattered rags with a large mole on the side of its face. lol. But, yes, I googled it and it is in fact quite ugly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Ha, funny!  Not too many good ones for my bday, but I like this one:

"May 11 has been officially declared as National Technology Day in India to commemorate the first of the five tests that were carried out on May 11, 1998. The day was officially signed by the then Prime Minister of India. The day is celebrated by giving awards to various individuals and industries in the field of science and industry"

Fitting since I'm Indian and a scientist.  Although, the tests they are talking about were underground nuclear tests, so maybe not such a good thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Happy belated birthday, Kar!

How do you prove that you live in harmony and fidelity? Do you have to document your time together? "Feb. 5: Didn't cheat on hubby and avoided an argument about whose turn it was to churn the butter."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks!  My "first" 39th. ;)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Thanks!  My "first" 39th. ;)
    Posted by kargiver

Haha, and to many more!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

How do you prove that you live in harmony and fidelity? Do you have to document your time together? "Feb. 5: Didn't cheat on hubby and avoided an argument about whose turn it was to churn the butter."
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease

Hahahaha  Love it, WPP.  

I get some interesting days, too, it appears: 
    • Electricity Day
    • Fly A Kite Day
    • Justice for Janitors Day 
    • Power of a Smile Day

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: OT-Holidays for everyday : Hahahaha  Love it, WPP.   I get some interesting days, too, it appears:  Electricity Day Fly A Kite Day Justice for Janitors Day  Power of a Smile Day
    Posted by Rirlo01

You fly that kite with a key on it wearing a big smile and grubby overalls!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

This is so weird: that's exactly what I did on my birthday last year!  

Sections
Shortcuts