OT-How should I/we handle this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: OT-How should I/we handle this?

Who knows why people judge others? It's just something it seems we're hardwired to do and have to work carefully to keep ourselves from doing it.
    Don't take it personally that other people said things, as hard as that is to do. They said them to him, not you. He should have kept his mouth shut about it. If they'd wanted you to know, they would have said it to you. This is why people shouldn't believe or spread gossip.
    Just know that you couldn't have prevented this or done anything to deserve it.

As AB said, lower your expectations to protect yourself and try to move on. it won't be easy, but stewing over it won't do you any good.

In Response to Re: OT-How should I/we handle this?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT-How should I/we handle this? : I never took offense to you saying I was not real. I have seen a few "fake" posts of my own on various message boards as well. Just to let you know this is something I could never make up on my own. There was one other thing did come up with the FIL in his talk with hubby that I don't think I mentioned. He told him one thing several relatives brought to his attention in asking him about me).  Hubby in turn told me and we are now dying to know who said these things.  We are thinking  what was said may be related to some of my medical issues but we are not sure. It makes me wonder why people who are suppose to love you for who you are can be so downright mean. We are not sure if his dad is dragging the family into this just we won't think it is just him with the gripes. I am now really not sure who in the family I would want to talk to now for the fear of causing more issues and yet another tongue lashing.
    Posted by Angel525[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yes, Pinkie, I have to agree with AB, too.  Lowering your expectations based on anyone's past behaviors really helps.  If you have high expectations of someone who consistantly lets you down at some point it becomes your own fault for being let down.  Expect them to be how they ARE not who you had wished at some point that they had been.

(I have been out of town and haven't read this whole thread so apologies if I'm not adding anything of value.)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Kar, I was wondering where you've been!!  Glad you're back.  And, I hope you had a nice trip :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

you always add value, Kar.

Did you go someplace fun?

[QUOTE]Oh, yes, Pinkie, I have to agree with AB, too.  Lowering your expectations based on anyone's past behaviors really helps.  If you have high expectations of someone who consistantly lets you down at some point it becomes your own fault for being let down.  Expect them to be how they ARE not who you had wished at some point that they had been. (I have been out of town and haven't read this whole thread so apologies if I'm not adding anything of value.)
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Kar, I was wondering where you've been!!  Glad you're back.  And, I hope you had a nice trip :)
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Goodness!  It was fabulous.  I missed you guys, too.  I'll post in the Pets thread about my puppy (we took her on her first overnight trip!) so we don't hijack this one. :) 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT-How should I/we handle this? : Thanks, Goodness!  It was fabulous.  I missed you guys, too.  I'll post in the Pets thread about my puppy (we took her on her first overnight trip!) so we don't hijack this one. :) 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Who's better than you, really?? 

Looking forward to reading about your trip, and how the pup was :)