OT - I miss my friends

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]You may use other names of mine as well.

Though, Northern remembers well, the sailors did say I was a fine girl.[/Quote]

Hahahahaha what a great song. I met you once at the Sports Depot and I never could remember your name! Ridley was too stuck in my head. Now I will never forget.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]I am jealous helphelp. However Aunt beth, I know helphelp's name :-p (atleast I think i remember it correctly). I heard a song from the 70's last night that shares the same name.[/Quote]

Pretty dumb not getting her name. I can see what might happen if I see her across a crowded train platform and shout, "Help!Help!"

Chaos might ensue.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]Lar, I hope you find something soon. Pardon my ignorance of the duties, but could an AA do what pingo's company is looking for? I suppose you'd have thought of htat, though, duh. Just trying to help.

helphelp, sorry you are having such a rough time. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm in the boonies out by the Quabbin, now. It's hard for me to get together, but I could try...?[/Quote]

Yes, Kar...i don't believe her company is "T friendly" though. i need "t friendly"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Toffee. Show Toffee's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Oh and AuntBeth, can you clarify something for me? Were Ridley and Helphelp... the same person? That was something I always wondered but could never make the connection. thanks!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]hey ladies, glad to hear so many of you are doing well. To all of you searching for new jobs, I send lots of luck and hope. The last year has been a rollercoaster for me. Being very ill, having some very serious issues to deal with, the sudden, unexpected loss of my FIL. I just didn't have it in me to read about people being upset that some date wore the same color dress as her bridesmaids to her wedding. (not that your posts are like that, but, every so often) I wish all the brides the best of luck and all of you expecting best wishes. Take care.[/Quote]

That's why I come here - to command those twats to build a bridge and get over it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Oh, :(

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshine2008. Show sunshine2008's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I as well miss helpmehelpme, her great comebacks are still something I miss in each disagreement in these threads.
    Hope all the ladies are doing well, and Happy New Year!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]

I say we also just need a good old fashion get together one of these days, page some of us BDC ladies on the Wedding channel board as well. I have a better car now so driving places would be easier 'cause I know Auntie & helphelp are both north of Boston.

[/Quote]

Interestingly, I ran into helphelpImaBruinsfaninRedSoxNation last night at the Gaaarden. I was so stupid and anxious to catch my train that I didn't even get her name!!!!! I'm kicking myself for it.

But it was so fun to meet and I want to do it again.

Boston Gaarden or a bar close by - any Thursday would work for me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I am jealous helphelp. However Aunt beth, I know helphelp's name :-p (atleast I think i remember it correctly). I heard a song from the 70's last night that shares the same name.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT - I miss my friends

The boards are still retarded.

FYI

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

OT - I miss my friends

You may use other names of mine as well.

Though, Northern remembers well, the sailors did say I was a fine girl.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CT-DC. Show CT-DC's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Well, Aunt Beth and everyone, I'm kind of here! I'm just so incredibly busy with work that I don't have time, and now that I've been married nearly 18 months I am not quite as interested in wedding planning, and mostly I've forgotten much of it! As in, I think I didn't even WEAR perfume on my wedding day but if I did I forget which one except probably if I did it was one of two that I always wear.

But I will say I wore a new lipstick which, when I wear it now, brings back fond memories of my wedding day so if I'd thought about wearing special wedding perfume I can imagine it would have been a good thing. But, you know, there is so much to plan and so many details to remember, if you tried to remember them all your brain would EXPLODE and THAT would by gross all over your pretty white dress.

So, anyone know how HelphelpI'mbeingrepressed is doing, health-wise, and work-wise? Think she'd been laid off, or am I remembering someone else?

I read the Boston.com parent board but there isn't much action there, and any other parent boards are too freakin' icky with all the helicopter mommies worrying about exactly how MANY books they MUST read to their children so that their children won't enter therapy. sigh... kind of like other wedding boards, other parent boards tend to bring out only the crazies, which makes me nervous for the future of our children.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2007BrideToBe. Show 2007BrideToBe's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]

ahh yes, Ridley - poor friend Ridley got banned after she used a bad word. there was then a similar poster with an interim name that I forget - but she got banned as well. that's when we all met helphelpimbeingrepressed - something about free speech....[/Quote]

Her interim name was loveand war! LOL. I miss everyone as well. The wedding channel national message boards are entertaining to read (there are a lot of strange people in this world) but their message boards are being upgraded soon as well and all of the history will be gone.

Nothing beat the old boston.com boards. It was really a big help to me in planning my wedding.We got some great advice and had some great disagreements - I don't miss the open bar/cash bar debacles but there were many others that were interesting. I didn't find the responses to be as vitriolic as they are sometimes now.

I often wonder how our unemployed friends are doing, how WEDN07's baby is, how CTDC is doing how those of our friends with IL and IL related marital problems are doing. And boy do I wish the MIL stories. And the Friday topic of the week is missed as well.

I still can't figure out why I create a double post every time I post here but I've developed some patience in dealing with the lousy format of these boards.

How can we resurrect these boards to anywhere near their former glory?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

OT - I miss my friends

You're the one who invoked her name!!

JK welcome back Helphelp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]Yes, indeed - some of the great posters are "semi-retired" - miss them too. Once in a while they will pop up, but is is not like the old days, where everyone were on the boards.
    I am not sure it has anything to do with the new boards. People move ahead and their priorities changes. And that is a good sign.

On a different note, my company is desperately looking for a book keeper and a secretary. I know the job market is lousy, but where are all those unemployed people, they are talking about?
    No, I am not advertising --- we had enough adds in the papers. I am just mentioning the facts, that people are complaining, that there are no jobs out there - and we have a difficult time to find someone. What is going on? Maybe the state of MA is having a too good unemployment package. Just wondering.[/Quote]

My biggest issue is transportation. Where I currently don't have a running automobile of my own (my cavalier has all but died, needs more work than its worth) I need something on the MBTA's Orange Line. I do get calls for interviews, but these jobs that I get called for are in locations that I can't get to because of the "no car" factor. DH needs the HHR for his job.

MA unemployment's package could be better. This isn't my first time on unemployment, and dealing with them this time around has been brutal, at best. If you need to call them for something, the only time you can call them is on an assigned "day of the week" depending on the very last digit of your social security number. when you call them on this assigned day of the week, they tell you to call back another time because "all agents are busy". I called them last thursday (my day of the week), took me half an hour to get thru just to be put on hold with an estimated wait time of 20 minutes to speak to an agent. I wound up waiting 45 minutes, to speak to an agent, for something that took 2 seconds. I was seething by the time I finished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]hey ladies, glad to hear so many of you are doing well. To all of you searching for new jobs, I send lots of luck and hope. The last year has been a rollercoaster for me. Being very ill, having some very serious issues to deal with, the sudden, unexpected loss of my FIL. I just didn't have it in me to read about people being upset that some date wore the same color dress as her bridesmaids to her wedding. (not that your posts are like that, but, every so often) I wish all the brides the best of luck and all of you expecting best wishes. Take care.[/Quote]

Lovey!!!! Nice to hear from you!!! Hope your health is improving.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetoplan. Show lovetoplan's posts

OT - I miss my friends

hey ladies, glad to hear so many of you are doing well. To all of you searching for new jobs, I send lots of luck and hope. The last year has been a rollercoaster for me. Being very ill, having some very serious issues to deal with, the sudden, unexpected loss of my FIL. I just didn't have it in me to read about people being upset that some date wore the same color dress as her bridesmaids to her wedding. (not that your posts are like that, but, every so often) I wish all the brides the best of luck and all of you expecting best wishes. Take care.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Hey, booklover. :) Happy New Year's to you, too!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I don't post much (and have only started to recently) but I miss reading all the regulars' posts too. Especially helphelp--she was damn entertaining!

**Cheers** ::clink clink::

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Lar, I hope you find something soon. Pardon my ignorance of the duties, but could an AA do what pingo's company is looking for? I suppose you'd have thought of htat, though, duh. Just trying to help.

helphelp, sorry you are having such a rough time. You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.

I'm in the boonies out by the Quabbin, now. It's hard for me to get together, but I could try...?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]yes! I'm right :-) *happy dance in her office chair*[/Quote]

Hope your door is closed.

:)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from booklover. Show booklover's posts

OT - I miss my friends

I just had to say hello when I saw this post - haven't been on for a while but I'm surfing today...good to hear you are all doing well although it sounds like helphelp has been through a rough patch. Hang in there helpie. I get a chuckle out of the way you rankle those tender chicks on the wedchannel boards. Happy new year everyone.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ash. Show ash's posts

OT - I miss my friends

Hi Auntie, et. al. Funny, I was getting vibes that I needed to get back on here. I think it was because I read that Miss Manners article on "uninviting people" last night on Washingtonpost.com. I have missed everyone.

I have been posting on Miss Manners on the MSNBC site and as I said, things get a little strange over there and I think I need to cut my addiction. So I am going to come here instead for a little while.

helpmehelpme, so sorry to hear of your woes, especially your grandpa and your work situation and various illnesses. Hope things start looking up in the New Year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from downtoearth. Show downtoearth's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]Oh and AuntBeth, can you clarify something for me? Were Ridley and Helphelp... the same person? That was something I always wondered but could never make the connection. thanks![/Quote]

ahh yes, Ridley - poor friend Ridley got banned after she used a bad word. there was then a similar poster with an interim name that I forget - but she got banned as well. that's when we all met helphelpimbeingrepressed - something about free speech....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from princess-cal. Show princess-cal's posts

OT - I miss my friends

[Quote]

Her interim name was loveand war! LOL. I miss everyone as well. The wedding channel national message boards are entertaining to read (there are a lot of strange people in this world) but their message boards are being upgraded soon as well and all of the history will be gone.

Nothing beat the old boston.com boards. It was really a big help to me in planning my wedding.We got some great advice and had some great disagreements - I don't miss the open bar/cash bar debacles but there were many others that were interesting. I didn't find the responses to be as vitriolic as they are sometimes now.

I often wonder how our unemployed friends are doing, how WEDN07's baby is, how CTDC is doing how those of our friends with IL and IL related marital problems are doing. And boy do I wish the MIL stories. And the Friday topic of the week is missed as well.

I still can't figure out why I create a double post every time I post here but I've developed some patience in dealing with the lousy format of these boards.

How can we resurrect these boards to anywhere near their former glory?[/Quote]DH is hiring for 2 positions. I put Ads on Craigslist and the response has been overwhelming. We have gotten hundreds of responses. As I said to DH, it's good for us, but actually a pretty sad illustration of the number of people unemployed.

Sections
Shortcuts