OT - Just saying hi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

OT - Just saying hi

Been ages since I've been on this site, been working like crazy in such uncertain times, and successfully dealing with a potential health issue myself...but I think of all the cool people from here who absolutely helped me pull together our wedding in 3.5 weeks and I always know I owe this board a debt of gratitude.  So hi everyone, and some sad and some good news...we got married in such a short time about a year and a half ago now due in large part to  a second newly diagnosed aggressive cancer in my husband's mother...well she passed a couple months ago, a huge blow, but I am so so glad we made the decision to get married when she was still with us and well enough to dance and enjoy our wedding....my word to the wise - prioritize your wedding - for us having the people we loved there was more important than any other detail.  And the glad news - I married into a ready made family (husband has 4 daughters and 2 granddaughters) - and now to alter the ratio - a grandson due in a couple of months...the circle of life and all....hi to the old gang and best wishes to the new, it felt like home seeing the names and avatars of my board friends.......mrs somethingold

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: OT - Just saying hi

Hi, somethingold!  So good to hear from you.  Sorry to hear of your MIL's passing.  And, congrats on the coming addition to the family!!

So glad you checked in and hope you will, again. :)

Blessings,
    ~kar

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hello stranger!  Nice to hear from you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

It's Monday so thought I'd bump this up.  I know others would want to see it, and the boards don't get much action on the weekends...

~kar

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Hi somethingold!  Nice to hear from you.  So sorry to hear about your MIL, but I am happy for you all that she was around to enjoy your wedding.

Congrats on the upcoming addition to the family!  Take care!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from somethingold. Show somethingold's posts

and this being a long weekend probably will lessen the exposure even more   oh well pass along my best wishes to all

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

good to hear from you! I'm sorry for your loss. But, how exciting to have a grandson on the way! life can be so bittersweet that way.

Sections
Shortcuts