OT - Love Letters 9/3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

OT - Love Letters 9/3

It's Friday, so I thought we could talk about today's column.
    http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/relationships/blog/2010/09/he_hasnt_cut_off_the_other_wom.html?p1=Upbox_links

Do we need an advice column to tell us that it's a bad sign if your husband is still stringing the other woman along?

Speaking of off-topic, I moved away from the crazy on Wednesday, and am more relaxed and happier already.  The new roommate has promised not to steal my stuff and sell it for drugs, so we're already doing well. 

I also gave notice at the job that has been slowly sucking my soul for the past year and a half.  I only have two weeks left, which means that I will be free of the things that have been making me so miserable.  Just saying the words made me feel infinitely better.  So, September is shaping up to be a most excellent month.  Sealed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: OT - Love Letters 9/3

Congrats on the major life changes, Lucy!  I was wondering when the great moving out would happen!  Did the roommate you like move with you as well?

I was thinking the same thing about today's LL.  I used to get wrapped up with wanting to give advice/comment, but more and more I find I just don't have the patience to take these letters seriously, especially when they are like today's: "My husband is stringing this woman along, but I'm mad at HER, not HIM."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Exactly!  I like talking about the LL with you guys, but the actual comments section tends to give me a headache.  I think I've commented once.  For one thing, they get off-topic fast, so there will be about 10 pages of comments that have nothing to do with the letter.

The roommate I like did come with me.  It's a three-bedroom.  I think it'll work out really well (I am positive it will work out better).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

No, i don't think we do Lucy. The answer should be pretty obvious but I've never had to deal with this so what do i know? lol. Honestly, she should be mad at both of them. Her husband for not maning up and this woman for not getting the hint. There are more than 4 men in the world.

I love September, it's usually the time for fresh starts because thats when school use to start when i was younger. I have a week off the week of th 13th and I can't wait to spend it doing virtually nothing and enjoying every minute of it.

It's also the week i should be hearing back from the job interview I went on Monday. I applied on a Wednesday and they called me two days later.  It's about 20 miles closer to my house which is about a 30-40 min drive (as opposed to the 2.5 hrs by train that i'm doing now). I'm very hopeful but we'll see. I found the job the day I came home from work and started crying because I hate my job/commute so much so part of me wants to think that's a sign this is the new job I'm meant to have.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

woo hoo! congrats to Lucy and Northern. I, too, have been going on interviews and hope something new and wonderful starts soon. I hope September turns out to be all rainbows and cupcakes for everyone.

I agree about LL. I don't comment unless I'm bored to tears. Plus I can't stand the whole "I hate cheaters" thing over there. I don't even understand why it has to be said. Has anyone in the history of the world ever said "I love cheaters, they warm my heart" ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Love Letters 9/3:
    Has anyone in the history of the world ever said "I love cheaters, they warm my heart" ?
    Posted by pinkkittie27

The other woman, maybe?  Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Love Letters 9/3 : The other woman, maybe? 
    Posted by lucy7368

ha! and probably the producers of thet show "Cheaters". They must make all kind of money. Jerry Springer, too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I think his argument of not wanting to "burden her" with the knowledge that he lied and instead wants her to "figure out" that he lied by his brushing her off for goodness knows how long might be one of the best examples of passive aggressive behavior ever.

Congrats lucy on all those major positive changes.  Best to everyone looking for jobs!

~kar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Love Letters 9/3 : ha! and probably the producers of thet show "Cheaters". They must make all kind of money. Jerry Springer, too!
    Posted by pinkkittie27

I've never seen Cheaters.  I used to love Jerry Springer in college, though. Every night, we'd have friends over to watch it - which is weird, because it was on at 2:00 a.m.  We'd go to the 24 hour Taco Bell drive-through and order chalupas.

Man, I miss college sometimes. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Congrats Lucy!  And good luck to Northern and Pink!  Being miserable at your job is just awful, Northern.  Hope it all works out!
    I hope y'all won't mind, but since we're talking about work - I got a promotion this week!!  I haven't really shared the news with anyone.  What do you do - randomly call friends and say hey guess what??  :oP

As for Love Letters, I do post sometimes when I feel really strongly about the letter.  Otherwise, they're usually on page 15-20 already so what's the point?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Woo-hoo!  Congratulations, Fram!  I randomly call the people I talk to all the time, but I agree that it would be weird to send out a mass email to everyone you know.

And good luck to NL and PK.  It's a month for good things. I can feel it.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

thanks guys, i appreciate all the good vibes Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

congrats, fram, that's awesome!

and thank you, everyone. I hope you all have a fabulous long weekend.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Love Letters 9/3 : I've never seen Cheaters.  I used to love Jerry Springer in college, though. Every night, we'd have friends over to watch it - which is weird, because it was on at 2:00 a.m.  We'd go to the 24 hour Taco Bell drive-through and order chalupas. Man, I miss college sometimes. 
    Posted by lucy7368

oh you've got to watch it at least once. People call the show if they think their SO is cheating, the cameras tail the SO and if they are cheating, they bring the person out there to confront them. It's bread & circus.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Congrats, Fram!!! 

I know, you have to watch Cheaters at least once, like Pink said - it's a trainwreck; you can't look away.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

wow - congrats everyone!!  I hope the good luck/happy life changes keep coming!

Sections
Shortcuts