OT - Men are scum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

OT - Men are scum

Very sad to learn that Tiger Woods, who I thought was such a class act, turned out to be another cheating cheater. 

Not all men are scum of course, but I thought the heading would get your attention!  LOL. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

Re: OT - Men are scum

Just got these in an email, and actually had already heard some of them.  Maybe they're all old news by now:

Apparently the police asked Tiger's wife how many times she hit him.  She said "I don't know exactly… but put me down for a 5." 

Tiger Woods is so rich that he owns lots of expensive cars.  Now he has a hole-in-one.

It was just reported that Phil Mickelson contacted Tiger's wife to pick up some tips on how to beat Tiger!

What's the difference between a car and a golf ball?  Tiger can drive a ball 400 yards……...

What were Tiger Woods and his wife doing out at 2:30 in the morning?  They went clubbing.

Tiger Woods crashed into a fire hydrant and a tree.  He couldn’t decide between a wood and an iron.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL

I saw some ridiculous thing on TV about it last night. Commentators were arguing about whether or not infidelity has become too accepted.
    Um, yeah, last time I checked the way society feels about adultry has never stopped people from committing it, see The Scarlet Letter

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Seriously, why do we care? 

It's not like you know the guy or his wife personally.  He's only famous b/c he can hit a small ball really well.  Big deal!  I have never been impressed w/ sports figures.  Perhaps if we didn't pay them so much money for having a silly talent, they wouldn't be that attractive to gold diggers.  If you don't make a ton of money, you have fewer opportunities to cheat on your spouse. :-) 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

OT - Men are scum

what continues to astound me is how STUPID some of these men are!!  YOU ARE GOING TO GET CAUGHT!!  How do they not realize this?  Why are they willing to jeopardize everything they have just for a little non-wife "stuff"??

Dumb.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I disagree, ALF. The guests on Jerry Springer would have me believe that one can not have a penny to one's name, nor many teeth for that matter, and still be quite capable of finding a willing mistress.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Oh, I don't disagree, pink.  You don't need to be rich to cheat. However, you are more likely to have opportunities to cheat if you are traveling constantly for work, being feted and treated like you are special b/c you can hit a ball, and if you have disposable income.  Yes, the guys on Jerry are total winnahs who would cheat w/ anything that was willing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

lol, absolutely, emphasis on anything ;)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Not only can you likely find very attractive mistresses if you are rich/famous, but said mistresses are probably very aware that they can then turn you in for a profit when they feel like it!  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

There is a school of thought that gossip is universally appealing as a throw-back to caveman days when social intelligence and communication about other members of your group were vital to survival (took an anthrolopolgy class in college.  The idea kinda stuck).  

Anywho, people love gossip.  It makes no sense when we get all absorbed with people we don't know and are never likely to know, but I have to confess these stories are my guilty pleasure.  For a few days.  Then I become saturated (like I did with Appalacian hiker guy, and that dog who ran for President, and that other hound who hired hookers) and fed-up.

And I totally agree with you Alf.  The more money they have or the more high-profile they are, the more opportunity to cheat. Money and power are powerful aphrodisiacs to some.

I hate cheaters. Especially cheaters on pregnant wives.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ginger-. Show Ginger-'s posts

I agree pink - people are willing to cheat even when money and power aren't in play.  But politicians and highly paid athletes, etc are "feted and treated special" -(Alf), so I think they begin to feel entitled - to do whatever they please, and damn the consequenses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

there's also a hugh chunk of the population who are sex addicts. most don't know and will go their whole lives not knowing. I think a lot of Tiger's behavior suggests an addiction (multiple girls so he could always get a "fix"). When you're in a position where women are throwing themselves at you, it becomes much harder to practice self-control.

I think the reason that people like gossip is because it gives us a way to comment on the behavior of others without hurting the feelings of anyone we know. Better to gossip about LiLo or Angelina than to gossip about your friends. Your friends might never forgive you, while Angelina might never even know you exist.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I would need to see hard scientific data that someone was a "sex addict". I am sure they exist, but I doubt they are THAT prevalent. Sometimes people just decide to do whatever they want to do, and darn the consequences.  That's called being selfish.  Just b/c sex is involved doesn't make them a sex addict.  

And, Pink, I do realize that there are people who would clinically qualify as being sex addicts. I just think that 90% of the people who might say "I'm a sex addict" to explain their behavior are just selfish people.  You don't always need a 12 step program to correct bad behavior.  :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I'm always surprised when other people are surprised that a celebrity turns out to be a d bag. Props to his wife for beating the shenanigans out of him, though. 

That's what I would do. If DH cheated, I wouldn't divorce him. I'd just kill him. Wink

His wife is a supermodel, too. I'm sorry, but who's hotter than your wife? They have two little kids too, don't they? We should lock them in a room with the Gosselins and have them fight to the death. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

I don't think it has much to do with sex.  It has lots to do with attention, and ego.   And since when is golf a sport?  Less work done than in gardening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Give me a break. Tiger is not a sex addict. He is famous and loaded, that's why he had girls throwing themselves at him, so of course after awhile, some people are going act on that.

And, like Alf says, who gives a sh*t.

And P.S. for one of my undergrad classes I had to attend a Sex and Love Addicts meeting...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff these people had to say. And it was nothing like cheating on their wives with some hot chick. It was some sick and twisted stuff....believe me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Men are scum:
    [QUOTE]for one of my undergrad classes I had to attend a Sex and Love Addicts meeting...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff these people had to say. And it was nothing like cheating on their wives with some hot chick. It was some sick and twisted stuff....believe me.
    Posted by lizinboston[/QUOTE]

Wow, that sounds fascinating, Liz!  (in a "sick and twisted" sort of way...)
    I'm sure there are some of these meetings in Boston - who's in???  Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

It was in Boston! Actually a church in Newton.

It was actually very interesting. But a little uncomfortable because I was a college junior in a room filled with about 20 sex-crazed men. There was only one woman there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

One of my best friends is a sex addict, he goes to counseling for it. Some addicts cheat, some just decide to never get into a relationship and rely on casual encounters, and some's addiction is self-serve so-to-speak. It's compulsive, they can't stop themselves, even if they know they might get caught.
    If Tiger had three women on the side, and went so far as to request one change her voicemail in case his wife called shows someone with a profound problem. He could have just ended it, but instead he tried to hang onto it. Whether that's because he genuinely liked the girl (which I doubt) or because he needed a reliable b00ty call are the only possible explanations. Perhaps it's not addiction, but it's definately a big problem.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

An addiction is a medical problem, though. It sounds like Tiger is just a loser. I was listening to some radio talk show nimwits talk about how he "obviously loves his wife," which sounded ridiculous to me. Obviously he doesn't respect his family enough to keep it in his pants. He knows what the ramifications of cheating are, and still chose to do something that would break up his family. If that's not a loser, I don't know what is. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vineyardguy. Show Vineyardguy's posts

[QUOTE]Give me a break. Tiger is not a sex addict. He is famous and loaded, that's why he had girls throwing themselves at him, so of course after awhile, some people are going act on that. And, like Alf says, who gives a sh*t. And P.S. for one of my undergrad classes I had to attend a Sex and Love Addicts meeting...you wouldn't believe some of the stuff these people had to say. And it was nothing like cheating on their wives with some hot chick. It was some sick and twisted stuff....believe me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vineyardguy. Show Vineyardguy's posts

lizinboston
    It reminds me of Clinton, as in Bill the President.
    He said I did it because I can (could)
    Sounds probably like the people in the meeting you went?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

[QUOTE]It was in Boston! Actually a church in Newton. It was actually very interesting. But a little uncomfortable because I was a college junior in a room filled with about 20 sex-crazed men. There was only one woman there.

Ha!  Yikes - were you looking over your shoulder on the walk out of there??? 

Sections
Shortcuts