OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??

I can't believe it's next week already. What do you want for Christmas/Hannukah/Festivus/whatever you're celebrating?

I would like a new fridge, preferably white with a freezer on top. The old one is yellow, loud, and about to explode. Let me know if you find one and I'll tell you where to send it Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??

I want the complete series of Battlestar Galactica on DVD, in the special edition cylon case.  It costs $173.86 at Amazon.

I am a geek, and I will not apologize. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Haha, great poll!  We splurged and bought what we wanted for Christmas:  a new mattress!  Supposed to be delivered on Saturday and I am SO excited!!  This means I get to buy new sheets too!

FI and I decided this year to not spend money on random presents for each other (since we've been together so long we're out of good ideas for each other!).  Instead, our plan was to buy our wedding rings as our presents (got mine, gotta go buy his!).

But, then we splurged on a new bed anyway.  :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Lucy, You are not such a geek. My sons have it here at our home, and when they both come for a visit, they watch it over and over and over. Drives me crazy. But I still love them, ha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Are we talking "dream gift" or "reality gift"?

If we're talking dream gifts, I would like a dishwasher and a new kitchen floor.

If we're talking reality, I'd like the Ally McBeal box set DVDs, but that might be a dream gift since I'm not sure how much it costs. 

If we're talking somewhere in between, I'd like a positive pregnancy test.
    TMI?  Embarassed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

ummm....an engagment ring Embarassed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'll take a facial and a full body massage. I know DH is getting me the facial.  :-)  If I get the job that I'm interviewing for on Monday, I will be treating myself to the full body massage.  Cool

I'll also take the DVD set of the series to date of Criminal Minds.  My DVR is too full for me to record any of the old episodes and I'm only halfway through the 3rd season of watching it in order.  lol. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??:
    [QUOTE]Are we talking "dream gift" or "reality gift"? If we're talking dream gifts, I would like a dishwasher and a new kitchen floor. If we're talking reality, I'd like the Ally McBeal box set DVDs, but that might be a dream gift since I'm not sure how much it costs.  If we're talking somewhere in between, I'd like a positive pregnancy test. TMI? 
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]

Well, if we're talking dream gifts, I want a condo in Beacon Hill and an Acura RDX Turbo in Maroon.  I will also accept the dark blue.  (and a platinum diamond ring with tanzanite side stones).

Then again, since most people I know can't afford to pay $175 for one gift, BSG is probably a dream as well.  Sadly, pretty much everything I really want costs over $200.  Who knows what I'll end up getting?

P.S.  Ally McBeal is $109.99 at Amazon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I will take any diamond ring, but please make the stone(s) princess cut.

I would also like The Office Season 5. Gee, I wonder which one I will get...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Well, I'm definitely not getting a fridge, so we can call these dream gifts. Feel free to share your real gifts too. 

Trex, I never knew the magic of a new mattress (or queen bed) until I got one. Before that, DH and I were sleeping on the full mattress I had since I was 2. Enjoy regenerative nights' sleep!

Lucy, if I had known that you wanted a new Acura, I would've given you that instead of the crock pot. Wink Oh well. Maybe next year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Lucy, if I had known that you wanted a new Acura, I would've given you that instead of the crock pot.   Oh well. Maybe next year. 
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

Alas, I had not yet experienced the joy that is the RDX when you gave me the crock pot.  Perhaps when I get home, I can crouch inside the crock pot, hold the lid in my hands like a steering wheel and make "vroom vroom" noises.  Kiss

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I'm getting my bf a crockpot for xmas and like 4 cook books to go a long with it! So excited! He is a really good cook, and me...not-so-much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Thanks, Lucy!!  I will email the link too my loved ones...

and I love tanzanites as well!  So pretty.  Diamonds are nice, too.  I hope you get both.  Peonie, you too with the princess cut.  I will be reserving a portion of my christmas wish reserve for both of you.  Wait, that didn't really make sense but you know what I mean.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from luvRIboy. Show luvRIboy's posts

I'm with poppy on my wish list! 

But other than that, and a house, fully paid off, there's not much else I want or need.  Although I do like ALF's idea with the massage!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

in reality: money to get my car fixed

dream gift: a new wardrobe for work.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

I'd like to see Lucy crawl into the crock pot and play car.  That sounds hilarious. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

just thought of something else I'd like Santa to bring: Dr. Brandt Lineless Cream and DDF Glycolic Face Wash

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I'm with LuvR: dream gift would be our mortgage paid off.  And maybe a vacation to Hawaii... or enough money to become a housewife... lots of dreams!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from helphelpImbeingrepressed. Show helphelpImbeingrepressed's posts

I want (and think I may be getting) a new desktop PC.

Mine's 5+ years old and is too slow for what I want it to do. I'm jealous of my husband's new PC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

In this market dream gift and real gift are one in the same. Sell our condo and buy a house!  Santa can bring us a house with a fireplace for him to come down in. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

psst! ajuly09-... OT did you see the Museum of Science post in the Venues category? I posted a link to your review, but she might want more info.

[QUOTE]In this market dream gift and real gift are one in the same. Sell our condo and buy a house!  Santa can bring us a house with a fireplace for him to come down in. 
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

You girls are truly funny!
    My dream gift is my two boys moving closer to Boston.
    My for real gift is some fancy Cuisinart cookware. My cookware is decades old - and the new cookware is so much better. I would also like a new set of knives, but one is not supposed to give knives as a gift. My coffee maker broke, and I am now using a filter thingie, I inherited from my mother. Works well, but a new coffee maker would be nice. I could have bought one, but since it was so close to Christmas, I thought I would leave the "item" on my wish list for my family members. And I will be so "surprised". Yeah - I am boring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Really, you aren't supposed to give knives as presents?  FI got me a Wusthof santuku/paring knife set for my birthday one year.  BEST PRESENT EVER!!!  Probably the one I use the most too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks, Lucy!!  I will email the link too my loved ones... and I love tanzanites as well!  So pretty.  Diamonds are nice, too.  I hope you get both.  Peonie, you too with the princess cut.  I will be reserving a portion of my christmas wish reserve for both of you. 
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]

Thank you!  I want to make it clear that I will accept a diamond ring as a gift from anyone.  Wink

Anyway, I sincerely doubt that I'll be getting a ring this year, for reasons that would bore most of you.  Here's what I do know:
    1.  I'll be getting something that is "more romantic than Sci-Fi DVDs about killer robots" (I mean, thanks for the hint, but what isn't?)
    2.  It's not a pony Cry ("or a monkey, or a penguin, or any other barnyard animal."  "Monkeys and penguins aren't barnyard animals."   "You hush.")  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

You aren't supposed to give knives as a gift? My DH got me Wusthof knives as a Christmas gift when we dating.  I had been hoping for a ring, and I spent a LOT of time pondering whether he was trying to say something w/ the knives.  I got a ring 6 months later, so it ended well.  lol.