OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??

I've heard of the Slanket ("Blanket with Sleeves") on QVC - is that the generic Snuggie?  It's all about the name.  Who's gonna want a SLANKET?!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

My sister has a Slanket. She specifically requested one from her DH last year. She was adamant that he not get her a Snuggie.  Apparently, Slankets are superior to the Snuggie.  According to her, Slanket came first so Snuggie is a copy cat. lol. 

What color did you get, Lucy?  If I had a Sunggie, I'd totally want one of the leopard print ones. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I did think it looked like a nicer and heavier material than the Snuggie - I was just commenting on the name sounding unappealing.  Slanket.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: OT poll: What do you want for Christmas??:
    [QUOTE] What color did you get, Lucy?  If I had a Sunggie, I'd totally want one of the leopard print ones. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

There were blue and pink floating around the gift swap.  I chose blue.  If there had been a leopard or zebra print one, I totally would have taken it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Kar, she would pronounce it Slannnnnnnket.  She and her DH were having fun w/ the name. 

Lucy, I forgot about the zebra one.  DH was thinking about getting one in zebra or leopard for his mom this year but didn't know if she'd get the joke.  She kind of freaked out a little when I sent the wedding thank yous b/c I used cards I had gotten from Alzheimers association.  She wasn't sure if I were trying to imply that she had dementia.  Um, no.  That resulted in a long phone conversation w/ DH and his mom but it all ended well.  Luckily, I'm married to the youngest son, so he's the baby and can smooth things over easily.  We're all on good terms now.  lol. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So glad you started out with a refrigerator WPP because the things I want this year are so practical slash boring LOL

A paper shredder and a nice/tall/sturdy bookcase so I can unpack my books that have been boxed for 2+ years.  I think DH is getting me perfume and I'm not sure what else.  I ran out of perfume like 2 months ago, but forced myself to wait for Christmas.  I am trying not to just buy anything and everything I want anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

[QUOTE]So glad you started out with a refrigerator WPP because the things I want this year are so practical slash boring LOL A paper shredder and a nice/tall/sturdy bookcase so I can unpack my books that have been boxed for 2+ years.  I think DH is getting me perfume and I'm not sure what else.  I ran out of perfume like 2 months ago, but forced myself to wait for Christmas.  I am trying not to just buy anything and everything I want anymore.
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

I'd extend that new fridge to a new kitchen....Our house is 110 years old and the kitchen was probably last remodeled in the 70s: flooring on the wall (yellow with brown streaks...great for cooking), pink tiles behind the cupboards, and weird lips on the countertops that trap crumbs. 

Paper shredder!! I think SIL is getting me one. She asked for one last Christmas (which I gave her) and I realized that it was brilliant. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Honestly, Fram, the two things I want the most are new Uggs and a new umbrella.
    www.gustbuster.com

Neither of those are terribly interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sarahbth. Show sarahbth's posts

A person to vacuum clean - nothing else except picking up things in the way, moving small chairs and such , toys -

for 2.5 hours a day 4 days a week (middle day off.)    The whole house, 2x a week,  and  hitting the lower parts of drapes and curtains, and lifting couch and chair cushions  once.

Not robot work.  The gift would be the person paying them.

Even if we could afford the money, we could not justify it as having no time to do it ourselves.  I'm simply sick of it.  This would still leave once a week by us -  BY MY HUSBAND!
    Long ago in time BC (before children)  he did it 3x a week in an hour.

Smaller place, only 2 med size dogs (now one a hairy behemoth whose 4 paws have the same area as 2 men's lug sole boots.)  Between dogs and kids, what they track in from outdoors!  Thank God the snow covers the ground 4 months a year!

I want my 10 hours a week back.  What a gift that would be!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

My sister has a Slanket. She specifically requested one from her DH last year. She was adamant that he not get her a Snuggie.  Apparently, Slankets are superior to the Snuggie.  According to her, Slanket came first so Snuggie is a copy cat. lol.

If Pnina Tornay made them, they'd be called "Skankets"!!!  LOL.  Ho Ho Ho

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL and they'd be mesh with appliques!

[QUOTE]My sister has a Slanket. She specifically requested one from her DH last year. She was adamant that he not get her a Snuggie.  Apparently, Slankets are superior to the Snuggie.  According to her, Slanket came first so Snuggie is a copy cat. lol. If Pnina Tornay made them, they'd be called "Skankets"!!!  LOL.  Ho Ho Ho
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Everybody get what they wanted?!  Anything to add to the "worst Christmas gift ever" thread?

I know ALF got her TomTom - are you exploring DC with gusto, now???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Hi Kar!

Well, I didn't get an engagment ring, but that is ok :)

My boy got me a Paul Mitchell hair dryer, which I highly recommend to the ladies who dry their hair daily, it is AWESOME! He also got me a GC to Ann Taylor, my fav store, and new running shoes.

Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas! We also got a slow cooker, and we have beef stew cooking in there as we speak
    http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Michell-Protools-Express-Dryer/dp/B002IGW0EI/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_2
    Highly Recommend!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trigirl627. Show Trigirl627's posts

OMG, Cos....

hilarious!! Pnina would def make the skanket.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I got my wedding band! An eternity band with alternating diamonds and sapphires....I love it :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Peonie, I don't envy your rollar coaster of "is this the day???"  I remember it well and wasted lots of money on manicures! LOL  But, hate to say it, New Year's Eve is coming!  You got good gifts, though. :)

Liz, how exciting!!!!  Show us a pic.  I LOVE the diamond/saphire combo, so pretty together.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What kind of slow cooker, Peonie?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Kar, I have to say...THANK YOU. Because of you mentioning a few times to other brides-to-be about your purchase on Blue Nile about your wedding band, the FI and I did extensive research and he ended up really liking the quality, prices and customer service from them. They were wonderful. I also got his band on there, as well. We looked a few stores and were blown away that you can get literally the same exact thing, same quality and everything on BN for much less money.

Here is what I got: http://www.bluenile.com/sapphire-diamond-ring_8877

Mine is not as expensive because it is set in white gold.

Here is what I got him: http://www.bluenile.com/wedding-ring-platinum_24

The price was so much more resonable than any other jewelers we looked at, so thank you! :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Very pretty!

Dang, those are good prices, Liz. Wish I'd shopped at Blue Nile for ours. :-(  Oh well!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

YAHOO, Liz!!!!!!!  I'm SO HAPPY my Blue Nile reviews served you so well.  I LOVE that eternity band, so pretty, and what a great price.  His wedding band is almost exactly what I got for myself; mine is the same thing in 4 mm.  Very wide for a woman, but I wanted something that didn't get "lost" under my e-ring.  I tried the 2 mm first, and it just blended in completely.

I am thinking about getting DH a nice watch from there for his birthday.  He just has the black plastic CVS special, and it's so ugly.  He's so handsome, it's a shame. ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

pretty rings! I love how simple the men's band is. Classic.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hey Liz!  Wow, beautiful rings!!  I love Blue Nile too, that's where FI got my engagement ring from.  Unfortunately we're not getting our bands there.  They don't have much selection for yellow gold and we actually found a better deal at Barmakian Jewelers.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, they only carry 18k yellow gold and not much of it. They are the place to go if you're looking for platinum like Liz and I were.  My DH goes to Barmakian for everything, though, including my e-ring.  He takes joy in looking under the microscope and choosing the stones himself.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Pretty rings, Liz!  I love the simple band for men.

My DH surprised me with the Ally McBeal box set!!  I was sooo excited.  But then I felt bed because I didn't get him the Scrubs box set (so expensive)... although apparently he got a good deal on Ally.  I certainly hope so!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Kar, we just got the original Crock Pot slow cooker. I know it is not the best one out there, but we will upgrade one day.

Oh and I got my nails done today, which I feel is totally jinxing myself. But I know it won't happen tomorrow, anyway.