OT - Pugs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

OT - Pugs

Hey Pugs I was just thinking about you and wondering how your DH was doing?  I hope his recovery is going smoothly!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Re: OT - Pugs

Hey clc!  Thanks for thinking of us!  :)  I'm happy to report that DH is doing GREAT.  He looks great, feels great, and is pretty much back to normal now.  It's amazing what they can do nowadays.

How are things with your MIL?  Is she still calling you nonstop to check on her baby boy?  Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Yay! :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Yeah that's so nice to hear.  It must be a huge relief for both of you!

FMIL has not been calling me lately, thank god.  She actually is mad at FI and once again threatening not to come to the wedding.  But at least for once it wasn't because of something I did!

Short verision of the latest drama:  FI's bachelor party was last weekend.  His BM ordered strippers... which by the way, not something I'm happy about.  FI and I had both spoken with BM and asked him not to, he did anyway, but I'm over it because it's already happened and there's nothing I can do about it.  FMIL on the other hand is livid!  FFIL was present while the "dancers" were there and she's threatening divorce and to boycott the wedding.

So it looks like for once I'm in the clear on this one but I still feel pretty badly for FI and FFIL because this is a situation that was completely out of their hands.

Anyway, my bridal shower with FI's side of the family is Saturday so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that she behaves.  Which means I'll probably have a great story for you all on Monday! Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Wow -- just...wow.  I don't even know where to begin with that one!  I can totally understand being unhappy about the strippers, I would be too, but to threaten divorce and to boycott the wedding over something that was out of your FI and FFIL's control?  She's crazycakes!

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't cause any drama at your shower.  Be sure to fill us in on Monday!

And you know what's funny?  My MIL isn't speaking to my DH right now, either.  DH finally got fed up with her and politely but sternly asked her to respect our privacy and stop sharing personal details with her friends.  She flipped out on him and hasn't called in about a week.  It's been the best week of my life!  Laughing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

oh wow- MIL drama at its best!

I guess i can coutn my blessings because MIL has been pretty well-behaved lately. The only thing is that we had our taxes done by a rpofessional because DH has so many dedeuctions, and it turned out that we owe money.
    MIL now tells DH every time she talks to him how he just should have lied on our taxes and deducted more so that we wouldn't owe anything. That's some great parenting advice right there.

I think we're getting off easy right now because my BIL is getting married in June, so she's probably all up in his business instead.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Pugs:
      It's been the best week of my life! 
    Posted by PugsandKisses

Hahaha... I wish I could enjoy this time but FI's kind of upset about it.  Threatening divorce is a big deal.  Oh well, hopefully she'll get over it eventually, right??

Pink - Sorry to hear about the tax issues.  Are you at least in an area that was given the automatic extension due to the flood damage? If so you have extra time to pay that money which is helpful. I'm an accountant but tax is not my area of focus; I work in the fraud department.  You should give your MIL my card, just to freak her out a little!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Thanks, clc. Well, we got money back from the state, so we payed off a big chunk of it, but we'll have to go on a payment plan for the rest. It's not that much, but we have to get repair work done on our car, so that's the priority right now unfortunately. It's not an ideal situation, but I'd rather handle it like an honest adult than a sneaky kid trying to turn my "F" grade into a "B" with a marker and hoping I don't get caught.
    My MIL also uses an expired handicap parking tag that a friend gave to her so that she can get good parking spaces. She's just a really amoral person. She's not interested in what's right, just whatever is in her best interest. It really freaks me out.

In Response to Re: OT - Pugs : Hahaha... I wish I could enjoy this time but FI's kind of upset about it.  Threatening divorce is a big deal.  Oh well, hopefully she'll get over it eventually, right?? Pink - Sorry to hear about the tax issues.  Are you at least in an area that was given the automatic extension due to the flood damage? If so you have extra time to pay that money which is helpful. I'm an accountant but tax is not my area of focus; I work in the fraud department.  You should give your MIL my card, just to freak her out a little!
    Posted by clc51510

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Pugs : Hahaha... I wish I could enjoy this time but FI's kind of upset about it.  Threatening divorce is a big deal.  Oh well, hopefully she'll get over it eventually, right?? Posted by clc51510

I hear you...your FI's situation is much more serious that my DH's.  However, from what you've said about your MIL it seems that she's very dramatic and overreacts a lot, so hopefully it'll blow over just like the other issues have.

My DH is very stubborn and he gets that from MIL, so the two of them may drag this thing out for awhile.  DH has no reason to apologize, and I know that even though MIL should, she won't.  DH is usually pretty laid back when it comes to her, so it was good to see him finally step up and start setting some boundaries.  He's learning...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it's good that he finally read her the riot act. it's one of those confrontations that will be worse if you wait too long to have it. once they move past the silent treatment it will be as if a a big weight's been lifted- hopefully! :)

I hear you...your FI's situation is much more serious that my DH's.  However, from what you've said about your MIL it seems that she's very dramatic and overreacts a lot, so hopefully it'll blow over just like the other issues have. My DH is very stubborn and he gets that from MIL, so the two of them may drag this thing out for awhile.  DH has no reason to apologize, and I know that even though MIL should, she won't.  DH is usually pretty laid back when it comes to her, so it was good to see him finally step up and start setting some boundaries.  He's learning...
    Posted by PugsandKisses

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

My MIL also uses an expired handicap parking tag that a friend gave to her so that she can get good parking spaces. She's just a really amoral person. She's not interested in what's right, just whatever is in her best interest. It really freaks me out. In Response to Re: OT - Pugs :
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Wow.  I hate people who do this.  It is so wrong and so disrespectful to people who actually need those spaces for medical reasons.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Don't even get me started. DH totally flipped out on her when he found out. We were totally disgusted.

In Response to Re: OT - Pugs : Wow.  I hate people who do this.  It is so wrong and so disrespectful to people who actually need those spaces for medical reasons.
    Posted by trex509

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

As an update, FMIL behaved on Saturday!  She cares a lot about appearances so I'm pretty sure that contributed to her behavior.  No matter what the cause, I'll take it.  Hopefully she'll be the same way at the wedding.

The shower was pretty painless which was surprising because I only knew a few people but it wasn't so bad.  And now with only 3 weeks until the wedding I don't need to deal with the FIL's until then and I won't be letting them bother me then. Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

That's wonderful.
    Wow, only 3 weeks!! They're going to go by in the blink of an eye! :)

As an update, FMIL behaved on Saturday!  She cares a lot about appearances so I'm pretty sure that contributed to her behavior.  No matter what the cause, I'll take it.  Hopefully she'll be the same way at the wedding. The shower was pretty painless which was surprising because I only knew a few people but it wasn't so bad.  And now with only 3 weeks until the wedding I don't need to deal with the FIL's until then and I won't be letting them bother me then.
    Posted by clc51510

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

clc, that's great that your MIL behaved and you were able to enjoy your shower!  I'm guessing if she's all about appearances, she's going to be a saint on your wedding day.  Enjoy it while you can!  :)

Wow, only 3 weeks to go?  You sound incredibly relaxed which is fantastic!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

In Response to Re: OT - Pugs : Wow.  I hate people who do this.  It is so wrong and so disrespectful to people who actually need those spaces for medical reasons.
    Posted by trex509

You can always dime her out on line to the Registry.  Not only will she get a $120 ticket, her friend will lose her priveleges.  BTW, I'm just providing info here, not advice. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

tempting...

In Response to Re: OT - Pugs : You can always dime her out on line to the Registry.  Not only will she get a $120 ticket, her friend will lose her priveleges.  BTW, I'm just providing info here, not advice. 
    Posted by easydoesit2

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Oh yes it's definitely flying by but we can't wait for the big day to come.  And yes I'm very relaxed, is that weird?  I think that we have a good handle on what still needs to be done before the wedding.  It also helps that I took a full week off prior to the wedding to get all of the last minute details complete.  So hoping for smooth sailing from here on out!

Cici - how are things going for you?  I think we're the same day right?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

So exciting -  only 3 weeks to go?!  Yay for May weddings!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Not weird at all. I felt pretty relaxed at the 3 week mark. I didn't start to stress until I was just a few days out, but I didn't take the week before off. That's good thinking on your part. :)

Oh yes it's definitely flying by but we can't wait for the big day to come.  And yes I'm very relaxed, is that weird?  I think that we have a good handle on what still needs to be done before the wedding.  It also helps that I took a full week off prior to the wedding to get all of the last minute details complete.  So hoping for smooth sailing from here on out! Cici - how are things going for you?  I think we're the same day right?
    Posted by clc51510