OT- Resolutions!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Re: OT- Resolutions!

Happy New Year! 

I've developed a nasty habit of biting my nails (and the skin around them - eww!), so I'm going to stop that, and I'm also going to get back into the routine of reading.  It's not DH's fault he's so darn fun, but I think I stopped making time for reading when he came into my life!  :)  I need to make a point of reclaiming that time.  Fortunately for me, he's resolving to do the same, so we can work on that together. 

I'd also like to get my diet (healthy eating, not weight-loss regimen) back on track.  I was too strict with myself before the wedding and not strict enough during the holidays.  Now, I'm going to refocus on purposeful eating that's on part with my heathy exercising so I can feel my best again. 

Last, but not least, I am trying to act and speak more deliberately.  I can't promise to never lose my temper or get frustrated, but I can think more before letting small things throw me for a loop. 

Great thread, PK!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Rirlo- Good resolutions! I have a habit of biting at my cuticles too, I find that rubbing cuticle oil on them once a day helps. It helps to keep them from peeling, and the taste reminds me I should be doing it! ;) LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Ohhh, you guys have good ones and I may steal them! Except the biting nails one, because that's a losing battle. 

Okay, so I'll do all the stuff you said and...

--Be more assertive. No one would every accuse me of being shy or quiet, but I tend to avoid any confrontation and that frequently does me a disservice for getting things I want/need (for example, MIL can throw the greatest of hissy fits when necessary to people on the phone and get bad charges off bills/people to fix things in her house when they're slacking on the contract/etc. I am in awe of this.)

--Continue doing yoga regularly. I've been doing it at least once a week since August and I really enjoy it and notice a difference in wellbeing. I want to keep on that train. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: OT- Resolutions!:
    [QUOTE]Ohhh, you guys have good ones and I may steal them! Except the biting nails one, because that's a losing battle.  Okay, so I'll do all the stuff you said and... --Be more assertive. No one would every accuse me of being shy or quiet, but I tend to avoid any confrontation and that frequently does me a disservice for getting things I want/need (for example, MIL can throw the greatest of hissy fits when necessary to people on the phone and get bad charges off bills/people to fix things in her house when they're slacking on the contract/etc. I am in awe of this.) --Continue doing yoga regularly. I've been doing it at least once a week since August and I really enjoy it and notice a difference in wellbeing. I want to keep on that train. 
    Posted by WhirledPeasPlease[/QUOTE]

Yoga is a good one! Maybe DH and I can give yoga another try with all the room we'll have after decluttering!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

I should be less assertive, WPP!  Want to meet in the middle? 

And I want a piece of this yoga action!  And I'd love for DH to try.  He is verrrrry tall and not at all flexible, so it's super cute when he stretches.  :)

ETA: LOVE that idea, PK.  Def going to try the oil.  Thanks!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Rirlo, we can coach each other! You can teach me how to be less of a wimp and I'll teach you how to say sarcastic things to people while sounding nice. It's the midwestern way. :) 

When DH has a by week in soccer, he promises to go to yoga with me and then thinks of an excuse for why he can't go. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Find a new job

Find more time for taking care of myself (need resolution #1 first)

Build up a savings in our household account. I have my personal expenses in check but I need to spend less of "our" money on things we truely do not need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

[QUOTE]I need to spend less of "our" money on things we truely do not need.
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

But, Northern, where's the fun in that?  ; )  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

No, seriously, Northern, good stuff there.  Important stuff!  

WPP, it's a deal!  I love knowing someone else's DH agrees and then weasels.  He and my DH are probably resolving to beef up their excuse supply!  Mine is also alarmingly good at pretending to forget things; and he's remarkably good at looking innocent while he's at it, too.  I swear it's a skill he took decades to perfect.  Every now and then, I let him think he tricked me.  ; )  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Here are a few things that I will be working on this year...

-- We recently bought a house and we are working on fixing some little things and getting it painted.  My resolution is to put in a lot of hard work in the next few weeks so that we can move in this winter to a pretty new house!

-- I need to get more active and in order to work towards that goal I signed up for a 6 week Zumba class.  I start tonight!

-- Finally, for the first time since DH and I have been together I have a job that doesn't involve travel, so I want to make more time to spend with DH.  Our first move towards that goal was signing up for a class to learn to make sushi.  Should be interesting and fun.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

clc- great resolutions! sushi class sounds fun.

Northern- all very good resolutions. DH and I made saving our resolution last year, and it's working out pretty well so far.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Rirlo, I'm getting a little concerned that we're married to the same guy. :)

clc, what's zumba like? I saw a Wii zumba game and it looks like fun, but I think it'd make more sense to try a class first.

Northern, after I win the lottery I'll give you a monthly stipend to not go to your job anymore. Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

WPP - Zumba can be a lot of fun depending on the instructor.  I've been to some great classes and I've been to some that we are little too step-aerobics for me.  It's a latin - hip-hop dance class that's a great workout.  If you have the right instructor you can burn tons of calories and have a great time.  Zumba is actually how I got in shape for my wedding and I loved it.

Where are you located?  The instructor that I use to go to at Bayshore Athletic Club (Braintree) was AMAZING!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

thanks Whirled!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

[QUOTE]Rirlo, I'm getting a little concerned that we're married to the same guy. :) [/QUOTE]

You read my mind!  

Sections
Shortcuts