OT- Skin Care - my face is becoming an oil slick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

OT- Skin Care - my face is becoming an oil slick

So over the past 3-4 weeks I have noticed that my face (mostly just the t-zone) has become an absolute oil slick and I don't understand why.  I have not had any major changes in diet, exercise, water intake, or change in products so I am perplexed at this change.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to deal with this?  I can wash my face and after about 20 minutes I can feel and see my skin getting oily.  I typically do not wear make up except for special occassions and when I do I wear bare minerals, and I am wondering if I should start to get up earlier so I can wear it during the week.

This is just so bizarre for me because I have never had this happen before, I am at a loss of how to deal with this new development so any suggestions are welcomed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: OT- Skin Care - my face is becoming an oil slick

Your skin is typically normal?  What type of face wash do you use?  I think your skin (like your hair) gets used to certain types of products and after a while, they won't/don't work as well.

My skin goes through weird periods, too.  Sometimes it will be really normal, then oily, then have a few dry spots.  That's one thing I have never had, is dry skin or any spots that are dry.  When that happens, I just change my face wash as it seemed to help with how my skin used to get really oily.  I used to use something that was foaming, but my esthetician told me to change to a cream/milk cleanser.  My skin has been normal ever since.  It does get oily sometimes, but not as bad as it used to be. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jessica9379. Show Jessica9379's posts

Hi,

I'd recommend Clinique toner!  I know some people say its too harsh - and I don't use mine everyday, but I find that in the summer months - its the only thing that works to really keep the shine away.  Plus, it makes my face feel so squeeky clean.  (which is probably why some people say its too harsh on your skin)

Next time you are in a department store - check it out at the Clinique counter. 
    I think its around $12 for their non-giant size bottle. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I use a toner sometimes.  Maybe twice per month, if that.  Only when I feel it getting super oily.  The one I use is from The Body Shop, and it's called "Aloe Calming Toner".  It doesn't have any alcohol in it at all.  It's soothing, and good for sensitive skin. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'd recommend a mattifying primer or powder to control the oil. You don't want to have to go and change moisturizer or anything if this isn't normally how your skin is.
    This powder is my fav, and it comes with blotting papers. Fits in your purse for touch-ups, and doesn't leave you looking chalky.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P136021&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5648

This primer is light as air but works like a charm. When Make Up Forever says Matte, they mean it! Their Mat Foundation is a cult favorite, but this primer is good for shine control without having to change your makeup routine. A little goes a long way, and since you'll only be using it in your t-zone, the bottle will last a long time.
    http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P169809&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=4028

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Also- our skin changes with age because of our hormone levels. This might just be how your skin's going to be for a while, you never can tell. Sometimes it's just weather or stress. You just have to wait and see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.  Pinkie I don't know how I could have forgotten about stress as a possible culprit!  My DH and I may be moving if all goes well, at the end of August and that has given both of us some serious stress.  I will see what I can do to control the situation for now and see if what I consider my "normal" skin returns after things settle back down.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Never forget the power of stress ;)

In Response to Re: OT- Skin Care - my face is becoming an oil slick:
    Thanks for all the suggestions ladies.  Pinkie I don't know how I could have forgotten about stress as a possible culprit!  My DH and I may be moving if all goes well, at the end of August and that has given both of us some serious stress.  I will see what I can do to control the situation for now and see if what I consider my "normal" skin returns after things settle back down.
    Posted by wendy98

Sections
Shortcuts