OT-Suitcases

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Re: OT-Suitcases

Target has some good ones and you can also get 3- and 5-piece sets.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

TJ Maxx and Marshalls have great luggage at great prices. I got a fabulous 29" Diane Von Furstenberg rolling suitcase for $50, it's the big one in the back in the picture below. They have the hard top rolling cases, too. Lots of brands, sizes, colors and styles.

diane von furstenberg "hearts" luggage set - photo

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My only suggestion is to try to find one with 360 degree pivoting wheels.  They don't tip when you change direction, just flow along easily behind you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

You can often get Samsonite and Swiss bargains at TJX or Marshalls.

As someone who travels, a lot, my only words of wisdom - get a soft sided one (they are easier to stretch/fit more  in than a hard sided one, and, they don't break/crack as easily).  All bags, regardless of brand (or regardless if you are flying first, business or economy) get treated the same - very rough! They will get thrown about etc, so don't spend an exhorbitant amount on one.  I recommend Samsonite and Swiss though, simply because they have great customer service in the event that you need something repaired under warranty.  This said, if you don't travel much, pretty much all brands are the same.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I have an older version of this - note the 360 degree wheels.  A must have.  And, they are on sale at Macy's.

Samsonite Spinner

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

My previous job required travel every week and I agree with Kar that the 360 wheels make a huge difference.  I recently bought new luggage (and then switched jobs to one where I don't travel at all, go figure) and I found the best deal at Sears. 

Good luck!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: OT-Suitcases:
    [QUOTE]You can often get Samsonite and Swiss bargains at TJX or Marshalls. As someone who travels, a lot, my only words of wisdom - get a soft sided one (they are easier to stretch/fit more  in than a hard sided one, and, they don't break/crack as easily).  All bags, regardless of brand (or regardless if you are flying first, business or economy) get treated the same - very rough! They will get thrown about etc, so don't spend an exhorbitant amount on one.  I recommend Samsonite and Swiss though, simply because they have great customer service in the event that you need something repaired under warranty.  This said, if you don't travel much, pretty much all brands are the same.
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

I prefer the soft-sided as well. Most come with the expansion zippers which make life so much easier.
    If you travel a lot, spinning wheels do help. I only travel 4-5 times a year, so the regular rolling suits me fine. Plus, I wanted a suitcase I could recognize easily, I've had far too many black ones that look like every other suitcase on Earth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I appreciate those 360 wheels every time I move my suitcase any distance whatsoever (even to get it through the house after it's packed) no matter how infrequently I travel!  I'd NEVER buy anything with bidirectional wheels.  DH has one (a gift), and the difference in maneuverability is huge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Thanks ladies! :-)