Paper lanterns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Paper lanterns

Has anyone explored using paper lanterns to decorate a tent.  I love the idea and think it looks amazing but am not sure how to execute this. 

I found a few website that sell them online like this one http://www.lunabazaar.com/paper-lanterns.aspx.  I just don't know how I would handle the lighting and actually hanging the lanterns.  It seems like a lot of work the day of.  Anyone know of any local companies that do this?  Anyone tried doing this yourself?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Paper lanterns

if you do electric ones, you need to get a accurate depiction of what the "ceiling" of the tent looks like, so you'll know how many you'll need and what kind of configuration you can work out.
    Here's a great website with ideas. It looks like your best best is the single LED lights that attach to the inside of the lantern so you don't have to fuss around with extension cords or candles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Thanks, that website was really helpful.   I still love the idea but not sure I'm up to the task of installing this myself. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rysmom. Show rysmom's posts

Susan B. Lowell Lighting Design in Waltham does this. http://www.sbllighting.com/about.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

could you recruit some willing friends or family members to help you? What about the groomsmen (if there are any)?

Are you having yoru reception at a venue, or would this be in someone's yard? If it's a venue, they may be willing to set the lanterns up for you for a small fee. My venue placed my centerpieces (which I made myself) at no additional cost.