PEONIE IS......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkandpearls. Show pinkandpearls's posts

Re: PEONIE IS......

Conrats Peonie!!

Just enjoy your engagement :) no need to rush! I couldn't sleep for DAYS after!! I kept the ring next to me on my bedside table and kept waking up and looking at it.

After a few days, I ventured out and bought a whole bunch of wedding magazines and just had fun browsing all the possibilities. It's such a fun time, enjoy yourself and your Fl!!

Best wishes!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, the magazines were my guilty pleaure! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and the ring is gorgeous!

Do yourself a favor and take at least a week for this all to set in. Being engaged is awesome, so enjoy it!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Congratulations! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Weekends are slow so here's a bump in case anyone missed the exciting news!!!!

Peonie, get any good sleep last night? :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomarra. Show tomarra's posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Enjoy flashing you ring to your friends and co-workers.  Wishing you both the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodie. Show woodie's posts

Congrats!  Thanks for sharing ... so excited for you and your husband to be!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Congratulations. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Congrats!  Love the ring. 

I'll be expecting my invite, with a guest, and the option of inputting my own menu choice.  Kiss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yeah, me, too.  I'll be sure to write in what I want on the RSVP if I don't like the meal choices you've chosen because I know that your wedding revolves around ME, ME, ME!

Just a little kindhearted "preparation."  LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Congratulations! I know what you mean about feeling the pressure. I was the first in my circle of friends to get married and I felt like I had no idea where to start or what to do, and I felt like there were all these expectations to live up to. Don't let it get to you. The only thing your wedding "has" to be is a good time. Enjoy!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

Congratulations!!!

As you know, this is certainly the place to be for support and ideas!  How exciting!  I love hearing engagment stories too, and yours is so sweet!  I'm with Kar, the magazines are great!

=)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: PEONIE IS......:
    Yeah, me, too.  I'll be sure to write in what I want on the RSVP if I don't like the meal choices you've chosen because I know that your wedding revolves around ME, ME, ME! Just a little kindhearted "preparation."  LOL
    Posted by kargiver

Kar, I'm going to wear something white, skin-tight, and see-through.  Let me know if you want to coordinate our outfits. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

In Response to Re: PEONIE IS...... : Kar, I'm going to wear something white, skin-tight, and see-through.  Let me know if you want to coordinate our outfits. 
    Posted by lucy7368

Lucy, maybe you and Kar could match Peonie's dress that she posted on the "Wedding: Dresses" board.  I'm sure that the three of you in matching "dresses" would look excellent in pictures.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: PEONIE IS...... : Lucy, maybe you and Kar could match Peonie's dress that she posted on the "Wedding: Dresses" board.  I'm sure that the three of you in matching "dresses" would look excellent in pictures.
    Posted by clc51510

That is the best idea I have ever heard.  It's a good thing I've been working out...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'll definately be coming, but I won't rsvp and I think I'll bring the first 5 people I see on the street on the way over. And I'll skip buying from the registry and make you macaroni picture frames with pictures of me in them.
    as to not detract from Lucy's stunning ensemble, I'll just wear jean cutoff and an old t-shirt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

HAHAHA, you guys are too funny! I give you full permission to come and bring whoever you want, and you can all wear white to the wedding! Actually don't even RSVP, just show up!

But on a seriously note, this weekend was a whirlwind. Kar, I slept like a BABY on Saturday night. I didn't sleep at all Friday night, Saturday day, and then we went out with a bunch of friends on Saturday night, and I passed out around 10pm on Saturday night and didn't wake up until around 11am on Sunday. It was great!

One thing that is kind of annoying me, but I am learning to ignore is when people ask when we are getting married (HELLO we JUST got engaged), we are telling them probably August 2011, and a lot have said "What? You are waiting that long?!"  It's not even that long!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

One thing that is kind of annoying me, but I am learning to ignore is when people ask when we are getting married (HELLO we JUST got engaged), we are telling them probably August 2011, and a lot have said "What? You are waiting that long?!"  It's not even that long!!!
    Posted by Peonie

How about this?  "You're getting married?  Whoa!  You're not IN TROUBLE, are you?" *wink wink, nudge nudge*

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

haha, Lucy! :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Peonie, I got that too. I think people don't know what else to say when you tell them you're engaged. It's kinda like small talk.  Though some people really want to know every detail, when all you can do is think about how crazy it is that you have a ring on your finger, let alone plan a wedding. 
     And there will always be the when are you having kids questions after you get married. Slow down already, I've been married for 6 months!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Peonie - the day after I got engaged I had people calling to ask me not to have my wedding on certain dates because they had conflicts!  I asked them to please let me just enjoy being engaged for a little while...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Congrats Peonie!  Cute story.  Enjoy the engagement bliss before you have to get into the planning.

aJuly - I had someone at my reception ask when are we having babies and how funny would it be if I got pregnant tonight.  I told her we started in the limo on the way to the reception and I could be pregnant at this very moment, and then downed my glass of champagne.  I felt an inappropriate question deserved an inappropriate answer.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Well DKB I'm now "that girl" in the office because I actually burst out laughing at your comment.  I would have loved to see her reaction. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I'm in!  Absolutely, it will be perfect for photos, the 3 of us in matching wedding gowns.  We'd put Peonie in the middle, of course, that would only be proper.

P.S.  Glad you got a good night's sleep at least on Saturday night.   And, yeah, the FIRST thing people say is, "Have you set a date?!"

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Well DKB I'm now "that girl" in the office because I actually burst out laughing at your comment.  I would have loved to see her reaction. 
    Posted by clc51510

HA! I've done that many times at work reading some of the comments on here. 

I walked away from her right after I said that, so I didn't see her full reacion, but she didn't bug me the rest of the reception.

Sections
Shortcuts