PEONIE IS......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

PEONIE IS......

.....ENGAGED!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: PEONIE IS......

NO WAY!!!!   CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I was totally expecting Valentine's...whoops. :)  How many manicures did you "waste?"  I think I got three that went by the wayside...

Have you posted your ring?  Let's seeeeeeee!

YAY!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Peonie!!!  Congratulations!!!  I'm so happy for you.  I second Kar...we want to see the ring!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I was totally surprised last night! Proposed to me in the rain outside of The Charles Hotel. We had dinner at Legal Seafoods, and afterwards he just brought me to the patio area and dropped to one knee. I don't remember one thing he said!

Ugh it won't let me upload!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

OMG Peonie, that is gorgeous!!!  His proposal was so sweet.  It sounds like you've already gotten a head start on the planning, so did you two decide when you want to get married?

(This is kmt09 by the way...I changed my SN)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, very pretty and tons of sparkle!  Let's see one of it on your finger, though, if you can - it's so much nicer to see where it's going to be for the rest of your life. :)

That's the cutest story - don't you love how it's a total surprise even though you knew it was coming?!  Love that it was raining and he still got down on one knee.  What a gentleman!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Well, I did get a head start, but then last night I started to feel really anxious. Is that normal? I felt so bad. It isn't him at all, I think it was all the emotions I was feeling at once. It is a lot to take in at once. So I think it is best for me to just take a month or two and let it all settle in. We are in no rush.

Am I weird to have these feelings?? I'm just so overwhelmed with emotion right now! I didn't sleep one wink last night.

I feel like I am not acting the way I should be. Don't get me wrong I am over the moon, but feeling allthis anxiety. I think it is because I know this huge event is coming up....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PugsandKisses. Show PugsandKisses's posts

Sounds totally normal to me.  I picked out my ring and knew my engagement was coming, and I still had those same feelings as soon is it was on my finger.  :)

I think you're smart not to jump right into wedding planning.  Enjoy your engagement for awhile!

I think the anxiety is pretty common among women just getting engaged.  If it makes you feel any better, I was actually filled with DREAD once it fully hit me that I had to plan a wedding.  I started thinking about all the work, the little details, the drama, the money...yep, that can make anyone anxious. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Yeah, I keep saying, "You're engaged, but it's ok, take your time."

I feel like there is a lot of pressure nowadays to get married right away, and have these lavish affairs. Thank God I am in therapy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

Congrats, Peonie! Take a deep breath and just enjoy being engaged. You don't have to start planning immediately if you don't want to!

kmt, I love the new name/photo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

Congratulations, sweetie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Peonie, that is wonderful - congratulations!
    I love the "rain story". In my country, they say that "it rain gold in the brides lap" (meaning, if it rain on your wedding day, you will be all set) - so you are indeed starting out right. Your ring is gorgeous.
    Like others said, take your time and enjoy being "just" engaged. Wish you both happyness.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Yay Peonie!!  I'm so happy for you!  I just said "Yaaaay!" out loud and my husband came in to see what I was so excited about. :)

Sweet engagement story, and gorgeous ring!!

I also felt a little anxiety once it was on my finger... it wore off!  It's really a huge turn in your life, i think it's totally normal to feel lots of different emotions.  Just let it sink in, get used to it, and don't feel like you have to spring into action.  It's probably feeling a little surreal too, which can almost feel like indifference at times.  Many women have thought about getting that ring since they were old enough to know what "married" means, and then when it actually happens it can be like, "Wait... what?"

Luckily, you have a whole bunch of caring "strangers" here you can voice all of those emotions to. :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Aw, thanks guys! And yes Poppy that is exactly it. I felt so prepared and then it happened, and I was "whoa....this is a lot of emotion!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

woohoooo CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Your ring is gorgeous!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Congrats!

I didn't sleep a wink the night DH proposed to me either. My face actually hurt for a few days b/c I couldn't stop smiling. :-)  Just enjoy it for a week or so.  You don't need to rush to make plans.  Smile and enjoy your ring for a week or so and then discuss a date, budget, list, etc. 

Have a great weekend!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

that's wonderful news :-) Congrats!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Congratulations!! I love your engagement story. It totally reminds me of Jim and Pam from the Office, except it wasn't at a gas station. Also, your ring is beautiful!  The center stone looks exactly like mine.  So glad you can add your picture to the "Show off your rings" post!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Peonie, if you weren't anxious at all you'd be a complete freak and I'd worry about your readiness to make such a monumental commitment to another person.

OF COURSE, it's totally normal!!

P.S.  I had discovered the ring box (empty) 3 months before he proposed so I KNEW it was coming.  The day he proposed I cried the entire day.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

YAYAYAYAY Congrats Peonie!! When I saw the title, I knew what your post must say!

Agree, love the engagement story.  I was in the same spot as you always wondering when it would happen, and when it did I was in such shock and disbelief, I had to ask him to say it again. Haha.     

The ring makes it all real, and it will take a while for it to really register that you are getting married!! I think waiting even a month to start the crazy planning process is a good idea.  Of course you have all of us for support, but once it starts it can be pretty busy in the beginning!  

So happy for you!  Enjoy it, as everyone says, the engagement time goes by way too quick! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And I too barely slept the night he proposed... or the next night.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tgihal. Show tgihal's posts

mazol tov
    you're a doll and will be just fine
    pingo - where is your country?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

OH MY GOSH!!!  Yayyy!  I'm SO happy for you, Peonie!  Congrats!

Totally funny:  I WAS AT THE CHARLES HOTEL LAST NIGHT!  We had a company party at Henrietta's Table.  Seriously, the room looks out onto the patio!  I wonder if he proposed right outside!  Too funny, I wish I had seen you guys!!!

The anxiety:  totally normal.  FI and I have been together for MANY years, knew we are going to be together forever, but I still get a little anxiety about the whole "getting married" thing.  One thing that helped a lot:  one day we had a long talk about it together and how we're both anxious!  Funny, after that I felt SO much better!

I definitely agree with you:  take a break and enjoy being engaged, telling all your friends and family, etc.  It is such a special time and it goes by so fast!  Enjoy it!