PEONIE IS......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: PEONIE IS......

Congratulations! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I echo that people are just trying to benice and make small talk. I guess asking the date is better than saying "Do you like the ring?" ;)

dkb- LOL! what an awesome response.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Definitely, Pinkkie is right.  Try not to be offended by people asking when the wedding is; they are just showing interest.  What are they supposed to say?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: PEONIE IS......:
    Definitely, Pinkkie is right.  Try not to be offended by people asking when the wedding is; they are just showing interest.  What are they supposed to say?
    Posted by kargiver

That's a good point.  You two reminded me of the movie Valentine's Day, where every time Ashton Kutcher told someone he was engaged, their response was some version of "Really?  She said yes?!" 

"Have you set a date?" is far more appropriate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Well, it can get worse.  On my wedding day, I got this question:

"So, when are the babies coming?".

Um?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I have to say, I wasn't/am not bothered by the baby questions.  Although it is certainly a personal question to ask!!!

ETA: I would never ask someone this and certainly not at the wedding!!!!  I think it just didn't bother me because it was on my mind too :o)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Someone on our honeymoon told us she was psychic, waved her hand around my midsection (didn't touch me) and exclaimed with confidence that not only were we pg, but with a girl.  We weren't offended; she was truly just a bit of a nut, a nice nut, but a nut nonetheless.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

If you ladies are going to dress alike, forget any of Peonie's choices.  A kid like her has not had time to develop a real sense of style.   Just smile and nod and say you will consider what she is saying.  Then go out and  get  something you will wear again, the latest runway fashion.

Here is an outfit that will go with any colors she chooses. When you dress shop, just keep picking apart all the bride's choices til she looks about to cry, then slip her credit card from her purse (under the guise of finding a hankie!)
    and order  these 2 for each of you.
        Actually the first outfit is from Fashion Week. For the wedding.

The second is a red carpet special, which she should buy you for the Sunday brunch that any considerate bride throws for all OOT guests and her bridal party.  And all their guests. 

So if Peonie does not like them, tell her she has no taste and you know what is best.   And after all, if you are going to honor her by bringing extra guests to celebrate her wedding, you ought to have the right to choose your own clothes.  It is only fair.   Her dress choice, I mean really.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Waggie, those outfits take the cake.  Love the puffy, diaperish shorts...YIKES!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

why buy a new dress when Kar and I could just wear our wedding dresses and veils? ;)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: PEONIE IS......:
    why buy a new dress when Kar and I could just wear our wedding dresses and veils? ;)
    Posted by pinkkittie27

Perfect!  And they said you'd never wear it again... You'll show them!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

exactly! oh and I'll have to find 3 infants to bring in a triple wide stroller, and I'll make sure they're extra tired and hungry with possible ear infections when we get there.
    and I've already hired thatguy to be Peonie's DJ. He'll play "Love Will Tear Us Apart" and "Love Stinks" over and over and over again. Then he'll give a lovely toast about how we're all idiots and that the wedding is a huge waste of money. Of course he'll have to get his mother's permission to be out late since she'll worry if he's not glued to the basement computer trolling message boards like he does every night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, even better!  I'd love to wear my gown, again!  And to meet that-guy in person and hear Love Stinks over and over is a dream I know we all share.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatawagSBNy. Show whatawagSBNy's posts

You can only wear your gowns if they are more expensive and attention getting than the bride's.  We would not want her to look good by comparison,  she'd just get a swelled head.

If you are not going to wear designer clothes so you can 1 up the bride,  then see if you can accessorize your gowns with jewelry from Henry Winston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

You guys are hilarious!  I was about to scream and slap the guy who sits next to me (and has asked me the same question 6 times already), but you all just cracked me up.

Now he's asking what I'm laughing at.  Quick, say something else hilarious!  My fist is starting to clench!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You know what I think of my gown if you've been keeping track of how many times I've posted a photo of it in the last year and a half.  Clearly, I think it is so fabulous none can approach its majesty.

(was that good?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

That was good!  And I love seeing pics of your dress!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I actually embarrassed myself for the sake of that post - glad it was worth it! Embarassed

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

why are you embarrassed?  It's a good thing that you love your dress!

I feel bad, mine is still hanging in a clear dress bag in my guest room...I still haven't had it cleaned and preserved.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Me, either!!  Not cleaned, not preserved, not even hanging up or in a bag.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

you guys have almost made me choke on my lunch two days in a row now. thanks for making my day a little less boring.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I haven't done anything with my dresses either!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

mine is also in a garment bag in a closet, uncleaned.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

At this point, I don't know if I should bother?  I can find so many other things to spend $150+ on...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Wow, this post took an interesting twist! I actually want that-guy to marry me.

Sections
Shortcuts