Pinkittie - My Publisher

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Pinkittie - My Publisher

Pink - I just wanted to thank you for sharing info on My Publisher (www.mypublisher.com) - I just designed and ordered a little softcover wedding album from them (started small just to see if I liked it) and it's great!!  Very inexpensive, very good quality and it arrived 2 days after I ordered it!  I think I'll be getting the hardcover next!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Re: Pinkittie - My Publisher

I just checked this site out...now I'm interested!

Did you find it easy to use?  How time consuming was it to make your book?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

hi kmt - it was pretty easy to use.  The hardest part lay in making the design decisions, and, of course, picking which photos to use! I think I worked on it every night for about 2 weeks.  The actual software is easy to use.  There are 3 sizes of books - I chose the smallest, softcover book to start with.  I think it starts at something like $12.95 for 20 pages (from what I remember).  Mine ended up at 60+ pages and was $35.  I placed the order on Sunday night and it came in the mail on Tuesday!

The only thing I didn't love was that there doesn't seem to be an option to view a large version of the pictures before placing them in the book (unless I just couldn't find it).  You work from a small view of the picture.  If I wanted to view the pictures larger I had to also have the wedding folder open on my comptuer and go back and forth between that and the software.  Which I got impatient doing. :)  So in a few cases I might have chosen differently.  I had done a "best of" folder, but found I used a lot more than just those pictures!  But that definitely won't stop me from using them again! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I just started playing around with this the other day, I've seen the final product from a friend and it really is good quality.

I'm doing a honeymoon album for us right now, and as soon as I have all our pictures I'm giong to make albums for our parents.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Thanks Heather and a-m!  I'm definitely going to get one of these for my parents.  Their prices are really reasonable; I'm surprised. 

My parents are insisting that we do not get them a wedding gift, so I was going to do a shower/wedding scrapbook for them and give it to them at the rehearsal (no parent would ever say no to a gift like that).  I planned on putting in some shower pictures, the shower and wedding invites, a picture of me in my dress from my final fitting, and then I'd input the wedding pictures later on.  But I like the MyPublisher book better, so I think I'll just turn the scrapbook into a shower only one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

Great idea!  I was thinking also that these are perfect gifts for parents.  I do actually like your combo/scrapbook idea - putting pics from pre-wedding, wedding and honeymoon, maybe, all in one album for parents. 

Be warned - once you start, it's VERY addictive!!  DH was complaining that I was ignoring him. ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]Great idea!  I was thinking also that these are perfect gifts for parents.  I do actually like your combo/scrapbook idea - putting pics from pre-wedding, wedding and honeymoon, maybe, all in one album for parents.  Be warned - once you start, it's VERY addictive!!  DH was complaining that I was ignoring him. ;)
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

I liked the idea too, but I'm thinking I may want to give them a really nice, professional looking album for the wedding.  I already started scrapbooking the shower pictures and it's really cute.  We've got a ton of pictures so I can fill it easily.

I'm not worried about MyPublisher being addicting.  My FI will be thrilled that he can play PS3 for extended periods of time without me bothering him.  :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

uh oh.  Just went to the site and I think I found a new obsession.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

heather- so glad you like it! :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Just curious:  I've always used Shutterfly to make photobooks.  Has anyone used that as well?  Are the My Publisher books better in any way than other photobook making websites?  I like the Shutterfly books where you can actually print photos on the hardcover itself.  They look very nice, but they can be expensive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I haven't used Shutterfly, so I can't speak to the quality of their books vs. MyPublisher. MyPublisher allows you to order a dust-cover with your phots on it or you can do the peek-a-boo cover with a photo, which is what I did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I've used Kodak...they are just OK.

I looked at MyPublisher looks awesome! Pink, is it expensive? I would love to make an album of FI and I's engagment trip.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

No Liz, the almost 30 page books I made for my mom and MIL were only $48. And for that quality they could easily charge so much more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Wow...Kodak charges SOO much more and the quality is not great...

I have to check this out!