place card holders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

place card holders

I found these cute photo clips that are to be used as place card holders on etsy. How can I let my guests know that they can keep them when they pick up their place card?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hobartt. Show hobartt's posts

Re: place card holders

In Response to place card holders:
    [QUOTE]I found these cute photo clips that are to be used as place card holders on etsy. How can I let my guests know that they can keep them when they pick up their place card?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

There really isn't a way unless you have someone stand at the place card table and tell people as they pick them up. Either way, I would not spend a lot of money on them. most people leave all that stuff behind. A picture clip is not something most people have use for. sorry.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Thank you for your imput, dougas.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hobartt. Show hobartt's posts

It is Hobart, and you are welcome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

laughing out loud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Do you mean something like this?  I didn't say anything people just took them which was the point.  Also my cousin did little picture frames with the name and table number in the frame and everyone took the frame.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

LOL!

This would have almost worked if it wasn't for, "A picture clip is not something most people have use for. sorry."

In Response to Re: place card holders:
    [QUOTE]In Response to place card holders : There really isn't a way unless you have someone stand at the place card table and tell people as they pick them up. Either way, I would not spend a lot of money on them. most people leave all that stuff behind. A picture clip is not something most people have use for. sorry.
    Posted by hobartt[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE] Do you mean something like this ?  I didn't say anything people just took them which was the point.  Also my cousin did little picture frames with the name and table number in the frame and everyone took the frame.
    Posted by wendy98[/QUOTE]

Hi Wendy! Kind of! I found these cute ones that have pink flowers on them. I guess guests just know to take them :)

Also, I would like to thank you for that information ont the job. I actually have two interviews coming up in a couple of weeks at companies I really like. But I appreciate all of your help!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: place card holders : Hi Wendy! Kind of! I found these cute ones that have pink flowers on them. I guess guests just know to take them :) Also, I would like to thank you for that information ont the job. I actually have two interviews coming up in a couple of weeks at companies I really like. But I appreciate all of your help!

Yay!  Congrats and good luck with the interviews.

For placecards, people will just figure it out, or follow someone else's lead. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hobartt. Show hobartt's posts

[QUOTE]LOL! This would have almost worked if it wasn't for, "A picture clip is not something most people have use for. sorry." In Response to Re: place card holders :
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

People have their pictures on the internet or in frames. Not in clips. No use for picture clips for most people = waste of money for couple.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I also saw these really cute wine coarks, and the artist can personalize them. But no one will keep those. Etsy has just the cutest stuff ever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: place card holders : Hi Wendy! Kind of! I found these cute ones that have pink flowers on them. I guess guests just know to take them :) Also, I would like to thank you for that information ont the job. I actually have two interviews coming up in a couple of weeks at companies I really like. But I appreciate all of your help!
    Good luck on the interviews, I hope that something works out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

[QUOTE]I also saw these really cute wine coarks, and the artist can personalize them. But no one will keep those. Etsy has just the cutest stuff ever.

I love Etsy.  I wish I was more crafty.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Me too dkb, unless my guests want things with stick figures on them, Etsy it is...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I worked for a novelty gift stor in college, picture clips were one of the most popular items. People love them!
    If you're going around to tables to thank people for coming instead of a receiving line, tell people then. If not, see if a GM or BM could do it for you. If two go at once they can get al the tables done in half the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hobartt. Show hobartt's posts

That's not annoying or anything. A bm or gm approaching my table and saying "hey, keep the picture clip!" If it is useless, people will not keep it regardless if you tell them they can or not. People do not want junk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I think it's a cute idea - a friend did it for her wedding.  Everyone just "knew" to take them without having to be told.  I still have mine on my desk at work.

I think Hobartt/Dougas's negativity comes from the fact he has no friends to take photos of to put in them afterwards.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

you'd love anyone giving you any attention at all, or else why would you troll the wedding message boards desperately trying to get someone, anyone, to respond to you?

and watch yourself calling things "annoying". You are the pot, sir, so you shouldn't call the kettle black.

[QUOTE]That's not annoying or anything. A bm or gm approaching my table and saying "hey, keep the picture clip!" If it is useless, people will not keep it regardless if you tell them they can or not. People do not want junk.
    Posted by hobartt[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

I think most people will know to take it. I use the ones i have on my desk at work.  People will be more likely to take it if it is something not wedding related i.e. those silver bell place card holders.  Love etsy too. i have spent way too much time on there since i discovered it. Also got ideas from listings to make it my own much cheaper! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

People know to take it - our placecards were sitting right on top of the favors (a deck of cards) and people knew to take them...I think if they are attached they will get the message loud and clear. ;-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I agree, people will understand you don't want them to unclip the card.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I think it is a cute idea! Anything to make your weddng more personal, than go for it!