Poll - Ceremony music?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

LOL, ams! You'll be beautiful the whole way down, I'm sure!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LilSprout. Show LilSprout's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

BDC needs to re-think their wedding message board topics. How about a "Details" section? Where else am I going to post questions about ceremony music and flowers?

Anyway... A poll for a Thursday!

What songs will you/did you use for your Mothers/Grandmothers, Bridesmaid, and Bridal processional and the recessional?

I'm clueless on what to use for any of these songs!

Also, how will they be played - organist? string quartet? recorded music?

Thanks!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

For the bridal party processional, we are leaning towards Bach - Sheep may Safely Graze, but Ave Maria is a close second. Mom & I will walk down to the Bridal March.
    Recessional will be to Dirty Water. Since most of our family is expecting me to walk down to Take me Out to the Ball game, i don't want to disappoint by going all traditional :)
    It will all be recorded music.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

[Quote]ams, I thought the same thing about Cannon in D. We weren't going to have a flower girl or ring bearer until I figured out that they would make it necessary to have him play more of the processional. They walked down one at a time nice and slowly. And, I almost fell over I was walking so slowly. I just wanted to enjoy his arrangement of the Cannon as long as possible.[/Quote]

haha! Lucky for me the aisle is like a mile long at the church...it will take me forever to get down there. lol. and by the time I do, I'll be blotchy, sweaty and crying... :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

I used Beethoven's violin concerto #5. It was long enough to get everyone down the ailse and stop right before the ceremony. It was recorded.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

My brother is a musician, and he played the piano for all our ceremony music. He played music he wrote for the seating, an arrangement of Pachebel's Cannon in D for our processional, and something upbeat and jazzy of his for the recessional. It was all at our request, but I didn't even hear (beforehand or during) the seating music or recessional (even though I was there). The only thing I was aware of was the processional and the accompaniment he did for my mom's solo, the hymn, God Will Take Care of You.

Of course, you can't get my brother (he lives in CA and doesn't "do weddings"), but you can have it all piano if you want. The piano was very intimate and personal. It added to the quaintness of the chapel and Wayside Inn experience. It was old fashioned and peaceful...like us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

[Quote]
    For the exit (what is it called, the recessional? i cant remember the terminology) we're doing Rondeau on the organ. I dont know how popular it is, but its upbeat and a little different.

We're having a Catholic ceremony, although not a mass, so for the Psalm we're using "On Eagle's Wings" which was one of my favorites as a little girl. [/Quote]

We did a ceremony only as well, and we just had our Psalm spoken and not sung. It was a way to cut some $$ since we didn't have to hire a vocalist just for that. We had an additional friend read it.

We did the Wedding March by Mendelssohn for the recessional. We both really loved the movie quality to it, since it is often heard in the movies and was quite possibily a bit cheesey it was our day to be movie stars so we went with it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

ams, I thought the same thing about Cannon in D. We weren't going to have a flower girl or ring bearer until I figured out that they would make it necessary to have him play more of the processional. They walked down one at a time nice and slowly. And, I almost fell over I was walking so slowly. I just wanted to enjoy his arrangement of the Cannon as long as possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Re: Poll - Ceremony music?

Haven't heard it GK2, but I love violins and assume it would be beautiful!

My FMIL has recently suggested a harp player for the ceremony... which is 6 weeks away.  Not going to happen!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

Our ceremony is going to be outdoors, performed by a friend of ours. The details are still up in the air, but I'm thinking of some non-traditonal music.
    The Beatles's In My Life for the mothers.
    John Lennon's Imagine for the bridesmaids and ring bearers
    The Beatles's Blackbird for me

Still torn though because 1) I haven't found an instrumental version of Blackbird that I like and 2) I always wanted to use the traditional Here Comes the Bride!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

My Church required one song for everyone but the bride. So we had a grand processional started off by my Groom and his parents, followed by my Mom, and finally the bridesmaids. They all walked to Te Deum- Marc Antoine Charpentier.

My Dad and I went traditional because I just love it, and went with the Wedding March by Wagner.

Both were played on the organ and sounded very regal :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

I am using Ave Maria for the mothers/grandmother, and then I'm choosing to use Pachelbel's Canon in D for the bridesmaids and my entrance. Its a really nice song but never gets enough play time when it is just used for the bride (IMO).

since we're getting married in a church w/ an organ we're using the organ and a vocalist.

For the exit (what is it called, the recessional? i cant remember the terminology) we're doing Rondeau on the organ. I dont know how popular it is, but its upbeat and a little different.

We're having a Catholic ceremony, although not a mass, so for the Psalm we're using "On Eagle's Wings" which was one of my favorites as a little girl.

ETA: this is one my favorite parts of planning, b/c FI has no idea and really no opinion so I get complete control, and I used to be a "musician" so its fun for me. :-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Poll - Ceremony music?

Imagine

Love it!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

We are thinking of doing a soloist violinist but I am not sure how it will sound alone. Has anyone heard of a soloist violinist alone? I love all the creative ideas up above. I would love to have some different types of songs. I will have to start thinking about this.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

BDC needs to re-think their wedding message board topics. How about a "Details" section? Where else am I going to post questions about ceremony music and flowers? 
    Posted by LilSprout

Wow, look at how they listened to that suggestion.  I'm impressed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

I am thinking for the bridalparty canon in D, for me,...the instrumental version of "Can you feel the love tonight" and for the recession, all you need is love for the beatles..

Sections
Shortcuts