Poll: What color nail polish?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Poll: What color nail polish?

A silly little poll, but I'm wondering what everyone did for the wedding day.

I'm not a huge fan of the French manicure, so I'm thinking of a very light matte pink.  No offense ladies!!  French manicures look lovely on other people, they're just not for me.  My nails are always naturally long with white tips so it doesn't do it for me :o)

My biggest problem with manicures is I hate how they file my nails.  The shape ends up looking weird to me whether they do square or round.  I'll probably file them myself before hand and ask the manicurist to skip that part.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nbsbride1109. Show nbsbride1109's posts

Re: Poll: What color nail polish?

Ballet Slipper from Essie is really pretty. I like french manicures, but I don't want to get one for the wedding day, just in case it chips or something. Plus I'll try to drag the manicure out for as long as possible and I think a light pink will last longer. So I think this is what I'm going to do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I went with Funny Bunny by OPI. I don't like the french manicure look. I also went for completely rounded tips.
    Here's a picture

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Same here!  On the very rare occasion I put color on my nails, it's always a light pink.  I think it looks naural & finished, plus I don't have to worry too much about upkeep if it chips away.
    I was surprised when FI asked me this same question the other day (so funny the things guys will pick to take interest in!).  He wanted me to know that he didn't care for french manicures.  So an added bonus - I know he'll like that I'm doing pink :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I did my nails myself because I didn't want crazy long nails and am not a fan of how my nails look after I get acrylics.  I used Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in "brilliant blush" which is kind of a creamy/ natural color but gave a bit of shine to my nails but didn't distract from the rest.  Plus it was a neutral color so it didn't clash with anything I wore on my honeymoon!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

A silly little poll, but I'm wondering what everyone did for the wedding day. I'm not a huge fan of the French manicure, so I'm thinking of a very light matte pink.  No offense ladies!!  French manicures look lovely on other people, they're just not for me.  My nails are always naturally long with white tips so it doesn't do it for me :o) My biggest problem with manicures is I hate how they file my nails.  The shape ends up looking weird to me whether they do square or round.  I'll probably file them myself before hand and ask the manicurist to skip that part.
    Posted by framerican51008

I believe it was Jackie O who said a manicure should be the color of ballet slippers and a pedicure should be classic red.  I'm not sure the quote is accurate but basically you are in good company with a matte soft pink!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

When I do my nails, I use OPI even before I met Pinkie! ;)  But, the part of my routine I'm most thrilled with every time is the Seche Vite top coat.  You use whatever base you like, two coats of color (allowing just enough time between them for the first one to not smear), and then brush the Seche Vite on liberally before the second coat is dry.  It gives your color EXTRA super shine, a "perfect" look as it fills in any imperfections, and most importantly it's TOUGH and truly prevents chipping (as long as you are careful with your fingertips).

However, for my wedding, I didn't want to deal with all that, and I didn't want to have to bring touch ups on the honeymoon and all.  So, I just soaked my hands the night before, carefully took care of my cuticles, and then I used a four-grit emery board to shine them up as if there were clear nail polish on them.  The were very short because I use my hands too much around the house to have long nails, but the tips were clean and the shine made them almost look like a French, but obviously very natural.  I was thrilled with how they looked.  Maybe I can find a close up picture...

P.S.  OK, here's my first shot at posting a photo since the switchover of the boards so crossing my fingers.  Turns out that apparently your nails won't be front and center - this was the only picture I coud find of mine.  All the others had my bouquet in the way.  This one is of us dancing. :)

DK110908_165_2.jpg picture by kargiver
    Event.observe($('fullSizedImage'), 'load', function(event) { pageTags.addTagListToImg('fullSizedImage', [ ]); });

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I'm either going to do a beachy peach/pink color or an American French manicure. Which is like a French, but more natural looking...i.e. the white isn't so "bright." I have long nail beds but generally short nails so that creates a nice illusion.

I was thinking about doing my toes bright blue. haha. probably won't though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can anyone see the photo or are we back to red blobs?  I used photobucket so hopefully that trick still works...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I went with Funny Bunny by OPI. I don't like the french manicure look.   I also went for completely rounded tips. Here's a picture
    Posted by pinkkittie18

Pretty!!!  (Not that I'm surprised our beauty product expert's are gorgeous!)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

The picture came through fine on my end.  Looks good Kar!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from misslily. Show misslily's posts

I always wear a sheer pink by OPI called Tutti Frutti Tongo or something like that. 
    Loved the Jackie O quote - that's my favorite - pink nails and bright red toes. :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

thanks! I thought it looked very mod with my bob. And don't worry about your nails on your honeymoon, my nails still looked fresh 9 days later. Then I came home and one of the first things I did was go and get the tips removed. Fine for a special occasion, couldn't get by with having them every day. Wish my nails weren't so prone to breaking or I'd have skipped the tips altogether.

I like a light pink or a subtle metallic usually, but I wanted something different for the big day.

Pretty!!!  (Not that I'm surprised our beauty product expert's are gorgeous!)
    Posted by kargiver

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  Ballet Slipper sounds like it would it would be what I have in mind, but we'll see!  I am actually pretty darn good at doing my own nails and toenails, but I'd rather go to the salon the day before with my sister :o)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Jackie O wore short white gloves on her wedding day... the world may never know what color nail polish she chose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I did mine the night before - me and the B/Ms sat round all doing each others. I have silly baby sized hands and am terrible at biting my nails.  I made a concerted effort before the big day to stop biting them.  Even so, they still weren't that long and I hate the look of acrylics.  So, I buffed, filed etc.  Had kind of square but with round edges.  Painted them a very soft cream color (my dress was light champagne) - was OPI, but can't remember the name.  Did two coats of that, plus a top coat, so it looked they had been done professionally.  My toe nails were red (I got them done professionally though) - the same as all the b/ms - I lucked out and found a shade exactly the same color as their dresses.  They all had long nails, so they did both toes and fingers that color.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!  Ballet Slipper sounds like it would it would be what I have in mind, but we'll see!  I am actually pretty darn good at doing my own nails and toenails, but I'd rather go to the salon the day before with my sister :o)
    Posted by framerican51008

If you're skilled at doing it yourself and always like how they come out, I'd be sure to do a trial at your salon right away so your nails can grow out before the wedding if you don't like them.  Have sis go with you to the trial, and you could potentially have two salon experiences!  (I like how I do my own nails, too, and the only time I got a manicure I was disappointed.)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

I'll probably do my nails myself, also in the"ballet slipper" spectrum. Prill, I have miniature hands (ring size: 3.5) and bite my nails all the time too! I've never been big on doing my nails because I bite them or they chip anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

wow- are we the small hands group? my fingers are long (about 3in), but crazy skinny, I'm a 3.5 ring size too! My mom used to call them "E.T. fingers."
    I'm a nail-biter as well. I wonder if there's a correlation- tiny hands/fingers= nail biter?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

If you're skilled at doing it yourself and always like how they come out, I'd be sure to do a trial at your salon right away so your nails can grow out before the wedding if you don't like them.  Have sis go with you to the trial, and you could potentially have two salon experiences!  (I like how I do my own nails, too, and the only time I got a manicure I was disappointed.)
    Posted by kargiver

I think we're talking about two different things?  I'm just talking manicure, not fake nails.  My nails wouldn't stop sprouting if I wanted them to - no need for fakes!  :o)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

wow- are we the small hands group? my fingers are long (about 3in), but crazy skinny, I'm a 3.5 ring size too! My mom used to call them "E.T. fingers." I'm a nail-biter as well. I wonder if there's a correlation- tiny hands/fingers= nail biter?
    Posted by pinkkittie18

Wow I thought my 4.75 ring size was small!!  Who knew!  Actually when I saw your pic, I thought, her fingers look like mine only longer.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Yes, I can see your photo. Nice natural nails clasping a new shiny ring.

Can anyone see the photo or are we back to red blobs?  I used photobucket so hopefully that trick still works...
    Posted by kargiver

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

I actually just left mine completely natural. Since I did my own flowers and there was quite a lot of work to do the day of, there wasn't much point in doing anything fancy. You can even see an ink stain on my hand from filling the fountain pen for the guest book! Just wasn't a priority, but definitely could have looked nicer. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Yes, I can see your photo. Nice natural nails clasping a new shiny ring.
    Posted by pingo

Thanks for the confirmation (tibird, too).  Yup, that's my DH's shiny new ring!!!!  It's 5 months old, now, and getting a nice worn look - I like it better now.  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

OPI currently makes the nail polish for Sephora. The bottles are mini, and only $9. A good find for those of you who will be doing your nails yourself.
    They have every color under the sun, including a nice pale pink.

Sections
Shortcuts