Processional music - What did you use?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Processional music - What did you use?

Good morning.  I have some time, but I have started to think about what I want to walk down the aisle with.  We aren't getting married in a church and while I love Cannon D, I'm not sure I want to go that route. 

So far I like Wind Beneath My Wings or Wonderful World for the moms and for me I like The theme from Ice Castles (Through the Eyes of Love), or Wedding Song (There is Love).

What have you used, have heard use or are thinking of using?
    Thanks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Processional music - What did you use?

I guess I can't be much help 'cause we had Cannon in D, but something to think about is how big your party is and how long the walk will be.  If you aren't in a church, chances are the walk will be fairly short.  So, you'll need someone to arrange a version of the song that won't be chopped off in a strange place or go on too long.  Of course, if you are having a live musician, you can have them arrange it to accomodate the timing you need.  Also, are you going to have them change the music for your walk down the aisle after the party is done, or will it just continue?  We had our musician pause and change key and tempo (which was super easy to do with Cannon in D) before I walked down, for instance. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I am only having one attendant and then I will walk down the aisle.  I'm thinking we will walk to the same song.  It isn't in a church, but there is a nice walk :)  I have to enter the room and then get to him. 

Our DJ will be working the music for the ceremony as well. He gave us a great price for all day at the same location.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Nice!  The DJ should be able to mix the song so it works if you give him a heads up about the time you need and that you want the same music for you and your attendant.  Is it possible to walk and time it before you choose the song?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Maybe I could do that, just not sure I can get into the place to do it.  I imagine people will be saying who's that crazy lady walking alone..lol.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

...with a stop watch!  ;)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Yes.  How did the Photoshop essentials work out for your DH?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I bought it, and he's happy with the box...I have to admit not installing it yet.  Today, perhaps...I'll let everyone know when we've got it going.  Thanks, again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Glad he likes it.  I use Photoshop. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool, I'm eager to see how it works. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

What did eveyone use to walk down the aisle too? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I used Beethoven's violin concerto in D minor. I forget the # concerto.
    It was exactly enough to get DH, me, 8 attendants each down the aisle and then back up to where we had the receiving line.
    Classic and happy-feeling piece. I would have gone for something more contemporary, but in the end I played it safe as I was worried anything with lyrics might get cut up in an odd way.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

We had an outdoor ceremony where a good friend officiated.

Mothers walked down to The Beatles' In My Life
    Attendants & Ring Bearer walked down to Lennon's Imagine
    I walked down to The Beatles' Blackbird

I found the versions I wanted online and gave them to my DJ.  For the Blackbird song, I actually let him know exactly which part I wanted it to start at.  Control freak much?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Fram that's a good idea...as there is a certain part I like in Through the Eyes of Love.  Maybe I'll do that.  I am having a good friend officiate as well.  I only have one attendant walking down, so I think I can only use one song. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

We used the "Simple Gifts" part of Copeland's " Appalachian Springs" - I chose different parts for different processionals.  It's a sentimental song for me, which is partly why I chose it, but I thought it was so lovely for a processional.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I'm boring and I think i will go with Canon in D.  But that's because ever since I heard it in 6th grade, I thought it was the most beautiful song and planned it for my wedding.  At that time I had no idea how common it was!!! :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Trex, I don't think Canon in D is boring.  Then again, I'm listening to it right now, and I can't recall ever having heard it before.  Embarassed

I pretty much thought everyone used the Wedding March.  My groom is skinny as a broom, so it's fairly apropos...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Lucy
    I just have to tell you, I'm a longtime lurker and I love love your sense of humor. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from smsalty. Show smsalty's posts

I was in my girl friends wedding and she walked to the much slower cd version of jason mraz's I'm yours, it was perfect and sounded lovely, i didn't even realize what song it was until she was standing next to me!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Trumpets Voluntare (or however you spell it). It's funny it took until I picked out the music with the organist and actually heard it in the church that i realized 'wow, i'm really getting married!'.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Processional music - What did you use?:
    Lucy I just have to tell you, I'm a longtime lurker and I love love your sense of humor. 
    Posted by Winter2011Bride

Thank you!  A lot of people don't get me, which is fine, but it's nice to know when people do.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Slightly OT, but have you ever heard the Pachelbel Rant by Rob Paravonian? It's a stand-up comedy sketch about how the chords in Canon in D are the same chords in a million other songs. ANYWAY, now I can't hear Canon in D without cracking up. We weren't going to have it at our wedding because of it's kind of played out, but then we realized that it's probably the right thing for us to play to calm our nerves before the ceremony. It doesn't help that our church has one of the longest aisles in the area (so I'm told).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

If the aisle is really long, go with November Rain or Stairway to Heaven.  ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

why hasn't anyone entered to "Thriller"? everyone could shuffle in like zombies

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

I didn't mean the music was boring, just me since I feel like *everyone* uses it!  But I *LOVE* it and we're having a guitar/flute duo for the ceremony, so I think it will be so gorgeous!

I want to use Trumpet Voluntary for the recessional since 1) I played trumpet in HS and love that piece and 2) it is so upbeat and happy, seems perfect for right after we are married!

Friar: I think long aisles are awesome!  I think the walk goes by so fast, I actually want to cherish the moment.  We aren't having a church wedding, so I was bummed thinking we'd have a really short walk (small wedding outside).  But our venue is perfect, the walk out the doors and down a stone walkway makes it a longer aisle, so I am really happy!  Just remember to walk slowly!

Sections
Shortcuts