Question for Fram or Poppy...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Question for Fram or Poppy...

Hi girls. I met with Jen at Tangled Web and I am totally in love with her work. She is going to email me a quote of everything I want (nothing too crazy, meaning no crazy flowers like callas, peonies (shocking, since that IS my SN!), orchids, etc.) However, I am nervous about the pricing I am going to get. Do you guys think she was expensive??

Can I give you my email address, and you could possibly talk about it over email? I would really appreciate it!

It is Peonie10182 at yahoo dot com

thanks! :)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Re: Question for Fram or Poppy...

Hi Peonie! 
    I didn't think her prices were bad at all, but she's the only florist I actually met with (all my other florist info I got from people on this board or from websites, and Jen wasn't higher than those).  I have my info at home - I'll take a look tonight and email you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

K, thanks. Also, Poppy...as I remember, when you had the other SN, you posted a picture of your gorgeous bouquet. Well Jen has that picture in her portfolio. You are really pretty :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScooterSM. Show ScooterSM's posts

Peonie-

I actually just booked with Jen!  She was the cheapest of the 6 florists I talked to, and her work was exactly what we were looking for (nothing unusual, in season, etc).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Scooter, can you email me???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Peonie,

I would be happy to send you an email as well (when I get home from work).  Just let me know!

I did not meet with any other florists, but I felt confident that Jen's prices were great.  I paid $1800 for a lot of stuff.  I think the original quote was a little over $2000, but we figured out a way to lower it a little.  She was definitely willing to work within my budget.  I didn't want to spend a ton on flowers, but I do love them so I definitely wanted floral centerpieces, etc.  I got:

My bouquet
    5 BM bouquets
    3 mother bouquets
    13 boutonnieres
    20 centerpieces (or was it 18?)
    Cake topper

One piece of advice I have is to discuss the final arrangements over the phone.  This is NOT a poor reflection of Jen at all, but my centerpieces weren't exactly what I expected.  I expected them to be more colorful like the BM bouquets, but they were more muted like mine.  Looking back at the contract and our emails, it was totally my own fault, but I think it would have been avoided if we had finalized things on the phone instead of email.  That's a word of advice for any bride!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Hi guys,
    Just got pricing and was THRILLED. I am getting A LOT of stuff, and a HUGE bridal bouquet, I think about 17 inches in diameter, about 20 centerpieces, and tons of other stuff, and it all came in under $2,300. So, needless to say, I am sending my deposit in tomorrow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Actually, the bouquet in my avatar is what I told her to make for my girls, so I am pretty excited.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Peonie - I'm sorry I didn't email you last night - I got home and wasn't online all night!  But it sounds like you don't even need an email now!  If you still want to chat, let me know and I'll email you.

Thank you for the compliment!  I didn't know Jen had a pic in there! Embarassed

One thing I was confused about that I didn't get cleared up until after the wedding was about the containers the centerpieces came in.  On my contract it stated "stone urn rentals" (or something like that).  So, I took that to literally mean I was renting the urns and had to return them to her!  Which was not at all the case!  I was running around at the end of the reception telling people they couldn't take the urns - how embarassing.  Then my family ended up with them all.  Just want to tell you in case that's in your contract and confusing.  It was just one of those things where I kept meaning to ask her about it, but in the craziness before the wedding I kept forgetting.

Anyway, I'm glad you were happy with the estimate!!  And those bouquets are gorgeous!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Glad to hear it Peonie!  One more thing checked off the list :o)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Totally off topic, but I need to see if anyone else is having this problem - I can currently post replies to discussions already happening, but it won't let me log on to start a new discussion?  When I click on start new discussion, the little screen to enter my details pops up, which I do and then the screen disappears and doesn't appear to have actually logged me on....

This is annoying, as I want to ask a question (again on something totally off topic!).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Pril, when I click on "Start New Discussion," it says "You must be logged in to contribute."  It actually says that at the top of this page, too.

Oh, look at me!  Contributing!  Surprised

But, I went back and actually logged in, and it appeared to be working.  I don't have a new discussion to start, though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Yeah, my issue seems to be that regardless of where/when I log in, it doesn't do anything... oh well.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Can you try restarting your browser or clearing your cookies?  It could help.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from candice211. Show candice211's posts

hi bdc girls!
    i got interested in this thread as the next thing we are researching is florists (while my fiance looks for djs).

question - did you have your bridesmaids dresses and colors chosen BEFORE you met w/ the florist?
    did you know exactly what you wanted...or work w/ the florist and let her create the look??

i'm torn if i should define my colors for bridesmaids and wedding and then go for the florist - OR talk to a florist about what wedding colors i was thinking, and see if he/she thinks they would work.....

did Jen at tangled web have actual samples in her studio/shop to look at...or was it all photo based??

TIA!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi Candice,  I met up with her at a cafe between our homes, so never actually saw her shop/studio/wherever she works!  She brought like 4 books full of photos though.  I definitely felt comfortable booking her based on the photos, but I have heard of other brides requesting samples from florists. 

I'm pretty sure I did know my colors and had a list of a few flowers I wanted to incorporate.  Ultimately I sent her some photos from The Knot as the main guidance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

I think your florist meeting will be most useful if you have some idea of what you are looking for.  If you can pull photos of bouquets you like, it will help.  And if you have some ideas about what colors you like, that will help too.  But if not, you can always decide that later.  The florist should be able to show you a large portfolio of pictures to help you get inspired as well.  You should be able to talk about your overall vision for the wedding, at a minimum, and a good florist will help you brainstorm and figure out how to make it happen.

I think that samples are more helpful later in the game, when you can have them make a mock up of your centerpiece and bridal bouquet and make sure that everyone is on the same page.

If you meet the florist in their studio, there is a good chance you will catch a glimpse of their work in progress anyway.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Candice,

I am not 100% sure on what I want my dress color to be, but my girls bouquets will look like the bouquet in my avatar, which would look good against a dress in a color of blue, pink, yellow, green, orange, etc...you get my drift. I wanted my flowers to be LOTS of color, and made that very clear to her, and she definitely got it. When she sent me my inquiry,for the bridesmaids bouquets it said "pink dahlias, pink roses, green hydrangea, green hypercium berry, circus roses (which are orange), butter yellow roses, pink gerbera daisy in 8 inch diameter." So needless to say, I was thrilled. My bouquet, she wrote down "large lush bouquet of ivory roses, pink roses, pink dahlias, ivory calla lillies, and butter yellow roses in 17 inch diameter" EXACTLY what I was looking for!

The centerpieces are going to match the bridesmaids bouquets, only bigger.

I am so happy to be working with this florist. Her pricing was unbelievable as well.

I booked her based on the photos I saw in her books (gorgeous), and photos I have seen from the brides on here that have used her.

Another thing that might help is that in her contract is clearly states that you have until three weeks until your wedding to choose the flowers you want.

Sections
Shortcuts