Reception Songs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Re: Reception Songs

our ceremony an reception were in the same place, so no entrance song was needed. I didn't know people had specific songs for cake cutting, we just had whatever playing.

1st dance: "Good Feeling" The Violent Femmes
    Wedding party dance: "Paradise by The Dashboard Light" Meatloaf
    Mother/son, Father/daughter: "In My Life" covered by Johnny Cash
    Last dance: "Maps" The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

I forgot cake cutting - I think we're going with "Conquest" (White Stripes).  We actually first wanted it as our intro song, but then decided maybe that would be too weird for people. :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I love that song.

[QUOTE]I forgot cake cutting - I think we're going with "Conquest" (White Stripes).  We actually first wanted it as our intro song, but then decided maybe that would be too weird for people. :)
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

This is so helpful!

Tibird - I am definitely going to check out that Jimmy Buffet song.

Pink - I haven't heard the Johnny Cash version of In My Life, but I am going to download it to my iTunes.  We have been struggling to come up with mother/son, father/daughter song and this could be perfect.

Judy1821 - good luck Saturday!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

My father wants "My Girl" for our dance, but I feel like that is sooooooo cliche. I really want Poker Face for the entrance, although in a year it could be so played out and no one will care about it anymore, and maybe I should pick a more classic song. But like I said that song gets me SOOO pumped up.

Also, the FI can;t slow dance at all, so we want to get the first dance over with, so right when we entrance we are going to go right into the slow dance to get it over with. So maybe going from Poker Face to Elvis wouldn't exactly work...haha...

P.S anyone suggest any good D.J's??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from judy1821. Show judy1821's posts

We picked " Hot for teacher" bc I guess the bruins come out to it.. lol, we're not teachers.. he is just obsesso with the bruins :o)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]My father wants "My Girl" for our dance, but I feel like that is sooooooo cliche. I really want Poker Face for the entrance, although in a year it could be so played out and no one will care about it anymore, and maybe I should pick a more classic song. But like I said that song gets me SOOO pumped up. Also, the FI can;t slow dance at all, so we want to get the first dance over with, so right when we entrance we are going to go right into the slow dance to get it over with. So maybe going from Poker Face to Elvis wouldn't exactly work...haha... P.S anyone suggest any good D.J's??
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

We're doing the first dance right away, and my sister is actually singing our song, so hopefully this will take some focus off of us, because FI can't dance at all, and for some reason I can't slow dance well.  I try to lead.

My DJ has been great so far, so I'll let you know in a few weeks how he did at the reception.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

It's sooo good. Very raw and heartfelt. You WILL cry.

[QUOTE]This is so helpful! Tibird - I am definitely going to check out that Jimmy Buffet song. Pink - I haven't heard the Johnny Cash version of In My Life, but I am going to download it to my iTunes.  We have been struggling to come up with mother/son, father/daughter song and this could be perfect. Judy1821 - good luck Saturday!
    Posted by dbilodeau[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

[QUOTE]We're doing the first dance right away, and my sister is actually singing our song, so hopefully this will take some focus off of us, because FI can't dance at all, and for some reason I can't slow dance well.  I try to lead. My DJ has been great so far, so I'll let you know in a few weeks how he did at the reception.
    Posted by dbilodeau[/QUOTE]
    I try to lead for slow dancing as well.  I finally got it to work out with my DH for our first dance, but I did try to lead for a while before we got it together.  When I did my dance with my Dad I did lead, he laughed and let me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

[QUOTE] Also, the FI can;t slow dance at all, so we want to get the first dance over with, so right when we entrance we are going to go right into the slow dance to get it over with. So maybe going from Poker Face to Elvis wouldn't exactly work...haha... P.S anyone suggest any good D.J's??

We did the same thing... right from the Dropkicks into Dean Martin.  It was a quick adjustment though.

Our DJ was fantastic - Mark McGillicuddy djmcgill@comcast.net  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbilodeau. Show dbilodeau's posts

[QUOTE]It's sooo good. Very raw and heartfelt. You WILL cry.
    Posted by pinkkittie18[/QUOTE]

So we listened to the Johnny Cash version last night and LOVED it!  We are going to use it for the mother/son, father/daughter dance.  Thanks for suggesting it!

Everyone's posts have been really helpful.  We have all of our songs picked out now, except for the last dance. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from septembergirl. Show septembergirl's posts

Hello everyone,
    I was married in '07 (had screen name bride_in_07 then).
    Anyway, my songs were:

First dance: "Follow You Follow Me"- Genesis
    Mother/Son and Father/Daughter Dance- "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"-
    Bouquet Toss Song- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" Cyndi Lauper
    Cake Cutting- "Grow Old with You"- Adam Sandler

One first dance song that I first heard AFTER my wedding was "We are Man and Wife" by Michelle Featherstone.  I would use that now that now if I had the chance

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

September...I was thinking of Somewhere Over the Rainbow for my girls to walk down the aisle to, which actually may lead into a good question. I love Canon in D, and I feel like ALL BM's walk down the aisle to it, well I am going to walk down to it with my father, so I need a song for my girls. I was thinking of Over the Rainbow or Ava Maria. Any suggestions? Should I start a new thread?

P.S. Congrats on your first child! My bday is in October, GREAT MONTH and Libras are the BEST :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking of Over the Rainbow or Ava Maria. Any suggestions? Should I start a new thread?

Yes, definitely new thread!  I'm curious as to what the other ladies used/are using as well.  As of now I'm planning to go super traditional...Canon in D for the moms and wedding party, and Bridal Chorus for me and my dad.  I may change my mind if I hear a better idea though!  :)

Sections
Shortcuts