Red Sox under your dress?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

Red Sox under your dress?

Stylephile just blogged about these Red Sox garters from Esty:
    http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.67396843.jpg

I thought maybe one of you ladies might be interested, They're cute!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Re: Red Sox under your dress?

hahhaa I love it. A friend of mine wore a Bengals garter and I totally want to copy that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

I had a Red Sox garter under my dress!  I ordered mine from the Red Sox Souveneir store online!  DH loved it, but cousin got it and took it home with her!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Guess this is pretty popular!  My FMIL gave me a Red Sox garter at the shower.  We aren't doing the toss, but it can serve as my something blue (it's navy).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Do they have one for the Celtics?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jag27. Show jag27's posts

[QUOTE]Do they have one for the Celtics?
    Posted by Reader001[/QUOTE]

You can buy one on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Boston-Celtics-Wedding-Garter-Set-sports-garters_W0QQitemZ250404030031QQcmdZViewItem

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

Oh my goodness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GK2bwed. Show GK2bwed's posts

This might be a stupid question, but you cannot see if from the outside of your dress, right? The dress will be thick enough or dark enough? I love the idea of this as a nice surprise. We are doing the garter toss so I cannot imagine his face when he takes it off and sees that it is a red sox garter. He will probably be thinking and how much did we spend on that....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

it depends on your dress. If you're wearing a slinky sheath type or body-hugger, then you might be able to see a bulge from the garter. I didn't do a garter toss, so I can't speak from personal experience, but if you're wearing a full skirt with crinoline, you should be safe.

[QUOTE]This might be a stupid question, but you cannot see if from the outside of your dress, right? The dress will be thick enough or dark enough? I love the idea of this as a nice surprise. We are doing the garter toss so I cannot imagine his face when he takes it off and sees that it is a red sox garter. He will probably be thinking and how much did we spend on that....
    Posted by GK2bwed[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Was that directed about the navy garter?  I won't have a problem with it showing since my dress is heavier than winter drapes (plus the poof skirt)!  But I could see it being an issue with a sheath dress or a light material.

The one Pink linked to might be a little safer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

I couldn't wear one for my wedding - for the exact reason mentioned by Pink.  My dress was a slinky sheath style and you would have been able to see it.  Lucky it had a small bit of detail at the lower back/over the bu tt, so I could get away with having little diamantes on my (blue) thong!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from circles82. Show circles82's posts

Etsy has some, too. I found some funny ones with Darth Vader Lego characters, but here is the Red Sox pair - http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=16007793&ref=sr_list_9&&ga_search_query=red+sox+garter&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title