Registry Advice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Registry Advice

lucy, I love it - "the joy of being delusional..."   It sounds like the title of a great book.  Laughing

twinklie, I not only "abused the right" to update my registry, I snooped like CRAZY!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

In Response to Re: Registry Advice:
    Trex - also a bit of advice, totally abuse the ability to update your registry online!  I went to BB&B with my MOH to start my registry and let my FI veto/edit online after.  We went to C&B together to pick out plates and stuff, but edited and searched to our heart's content online after.  It make it so much easier, and it's less overwhelmign than in person.  Of course some things you want to touch and feel first, but you can always go back and do that with your list.  :)  Isn't it fun!?
    Posted by twinklie12

agreed. I registered in person at Linen's & Things and Macys. My mom said i needed a third, smaller registry just in case so we registered at C&B but i did it all online. I really like the store but trying to navigate through all the stuff would have been hard and i probably would have put a ton more stuff on there that I didn't need lol. One of my favorite things from that place has been my chips and dip bowl. It's wooden but the dip holder itself is ceramic and comes out for easier cleaning. I don't use it alot, but it's far nicer than just opening a jar of salsa and putting out a bag of chips.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

My brother registered for that chips and dip bowl, NL, and I also thought it was very nice.  Not la dee da fancy, just a nice, casual presentation for chips and dip that is so practical.  Setting out the bag and jar is just a little TOO casual, LOL. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Hmmmm.... what if I empty the bag into a giant tupperware and the jar into a dessert bowl?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

just as long as it's a crystal desert bowl, you'll be all set lucy

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

My roommate actually has a very nice dip server that you can fill with ice to keep it cold, but it's tiny.  It basically holds dip for one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Works for us - we don't have the C&B dip set. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

We registered for some fun stuff too - like Snuggies.  Leopard print.  Booyah.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Fun, yes, but what's more practical than a blanket with sleeves????

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

We registered for some fun stuff too - like Snuggies.  Leopard print.  Booyah.
    Posted by Rapunzel41

I adore my snuggie.  Totally practical and useful.  Also, supercool.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Lucy- bacon ice cream exists. I got a cookbook as an xmas gift "Seduced By Bacon" that contains such a recipe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Lucy- bacon ice cream exists. I got a cookbook as an xmas gift "Seduced By Bacon" that contains such a recipe.
    Posted by pinkkittie27

I saw it on Top Chef once or twice - I just couldn't figure out where to find it in a store.  I was also delighted to discover Bacon Mac 'N Cheese, which, really, should have been obvious.  :)

But, if I manage to make cannoli ice cream, you are all invited to a neutral location to try it.