ring engraving?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from preserves. Show preserves's posts

ring engraving?

just realized i need to do this soon...does anyone have any suggestions? or what did you all do? i did a basic google search and there were lots of silly ones...i'm thinking that simple is better especially since this will be a forever thing...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: ring engraving?

We were pretty boring. We just put our wedding date and each other's first name in our rings.  :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyclechic06. Show Cyclechic06's posts

We did the same, essentially.  We did the first letter of each of our names and the wedding date.  My ring has my fiance's intial first and his ring has my initial first just to mix it up a little :)

A+B X/X/2009
    B+A X/X/2009

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

My DH got mine done as a surprise for me.  It reads "Always with love" and his initials.

It is really sweet as my Nan always used to say that it doesn't matter what you do, as long as you always do it with love.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

We thought about it but it kind of fell off the list of things to do. :)  However to help you out this is what we were considering "Love me and the world is mine".

Good luck with your search.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

we might do this after the wedding...its a little late for us now. i think just names and dates are good or initials. for us, we were thinking of putting "dream" b/c his nickname is Dre and mine is a-m.

So corny, I know. :-) Our DJ is actually going to introduce us at the  DreAM team. lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Mine says Je t'aime (I love you) and his says Je t'adore (I adore you).  His has the date as well, but mine was too small for that many characters. 
    I actually meant to engrave Tu et nul autre in his (You and no other), which I saw on some web site about poesies rings... but the day I dropped them off I guess I blanked because that wasn't what I told her to engrave!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbkp. Show kbkp's posts

We did "Mio Amore per sempre" on both of our wedding rings with the date.
    Italian for "My Love forever" it was my husband's idea!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

How long does this usually take?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

It's quick.  You could probably have it done while you wait.  I did ours at the Barmakian in NH and they said their really good engraving guy comes in on Saturdays so I left the rings there that day (Thursday) and picked them up on Sunday.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

That's where we got our rings.  We can do that. 

Thanks, framerican!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

um....it's still on my "to do" list.  Maybe for our next anniversary??? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

lol, I'm with you cosmo, this is something DH and discussed, but then we just never did it. Just as well seeign as though DH lost one of the insets in his ring and ended up having to get a new one.
    Honestly, there's so many markings inside my ring already because it's David Yurman (silver mark, authenticity mark, designer mark, etc.)that I'm not even sure I could fit anything else!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

I'm going to get FI a pair of cuff links for his wedding gift. One will say our initials, like aBc and the other our wedding date. Have not thought about the rings though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

My aunt and uncle have "all my tomorrows."  I've always loved that!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

FI and I didn't get our rings engraved and we weren't planning on it.  I'm considering it now.  I know FI will lose his ring at least a few times, so it may increase the chance of him finding it if it's engraved!  LOL!  How much do stores usually charge?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We didn't get ours engraved.  I wanted to, but DH didn't because he thought it would be unfair to our kids (God willing we'll have at least one) if they were to want ours passed to them.  My thought was they may be happy to have our rings, but they wouldn't wear them as their own wedding rings.  But, it wasn't that big a deal to me and it was to him so they aren't engraved. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

I love your pic Gonzo!!  :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]FI and I didn't get our rings engraved and we weren't planning on it.  I'm considering it now.  I know FI will lose his ring at least a few times, so it may increase the chance of him finding it if it's engraved!  LOL!  How much do stores usually charge?
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

It depends.  We got DH's ring at Jared.  They would have charged $33.  We got my ring at Barmakian in NH and they don't charge for engraving.  When I dropped mine off, I brought his in and asked how much they would charge since we didn't buy it there - zero!  They are the best!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]We didn't get ours engraved.  I wanted to, but DH didn't because he thought it would be unfair to our kids (God willing we'll have at least one) if they were to want ours passed to them.  My thought was they may be happy to have our rings, but they wouldn't wear them as their own wedding rings.  But, it wasn't that big a deal to me and it was to him so they aren't engraved. 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, I can understand DH's theory behind that, but at the sametime it may be special to have a fathers ring with that special message in it as well :)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]It depends.  We got DH's ring at Jared.  They would have charged $33.  We got my ring at Barmakian in NH and they don't charge for engraving.  When I dropped mine off, I brought his in and asked how much they would charge since we didn't buy it there - zero!  They are the best!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

Fram, Barmakian didn't charge you anything for engraving?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

[QUOTE]Fram, Barmakian didn't charge you anything for engraving?
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

Nope... They didn't charge you did they?  Did you bring your rings in yet?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

No, we haven't brought our rings in yet.  We got our wedding rings there, and he got my engagement ring there, as well.

We are thinking of bringing them in to get engraved the week prior to our wedding.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

*totally OT- Fram, I love the pic of your bouquet!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I agree, Pink!  I just noticed it, and it's absolutely beautiful.  I'm thinking of having a couple pale, pale pink roses in my bouquet, too.  Looks gorgeous.