rsvp postcard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

rsvp postcard

Have any of you had your rsvp's done by post card?  I saw this in a magazine and loved the idea!  I think it's really cute, plus it saves paper and I am always looking for ways to do that wedding aside.  to top it all off, we are thinking of having our table numbers on the backs of postcards of places we have been to - a perfect way to emphasize this detail!
    Trouble is my FI thinks it's "tacky."  if you did this, what was the response?  would you be willing to share a photo? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Re: rsvp postcard

I haven't done it, but I think it's a good idea.  In addition to the paper, you'll save a ton on postage.

Someone mentioned doing this on the "Backing Out at the Last Minute" thread, if you want to look at it.  I don't remember who it was.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

I have heard of doing this for Save the dates. But, I do'nt get how this saves paper? Maybe i'm not thinking about it the right way. Anyway its a cute idea.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

OH, I guess b/c you don't need an envelope? Hmm. My brain is slow today.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nsh1018. Show nsh1018's posts

We did a postcard response for my daughter's wedding.  It worked out great and saved on postage.  All response cards were returned without any issues.  If you go to etsy.com and look at seller daisiesndoodlebugs and look at her wedding section, Jill-wedding shows the invites and postcard return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snowball443. Show snowball443's posts

I had one at my wedding. It worked out really well. It saves the paper from the envelope. Also costs less for postage. You can buy ones out of recycled paper too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

I did postcards. I made them myself using the design basis of my invitations (which I also made) On one side I printed our names and address and on the other was the reply information. I used a white cardstock from Michael's and it was actually, probably, a little too light weight, I'd use a heavier weight next time. The postage was 28 cents per card. I really liked the idea of saving the paper from the envelope and, of course, the reduced postage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I also did postcards, and my mother did for her second wedding. We did it to save on paper, postage and assembling time.
    I got my invites and RSVP postcards from Mygatsby.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RN13. Show RN13's posts

I did a postcard and loved it!  I was afraid they would get lost in the mail because reverse was plain, but they all made it safe and sound.  I thought it was so cute and efficient.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I like the idea, too.  Saves paper, and postage.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We did the traditional style of RSVP cards and envelopes only because it went with the rest of our choices that made our wedding rather formal.

I don't think it's tacky if it goes with your invitations and wedding style which it sounds like it does perfectly.  I'd say go for it without any reservations. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

In this day and age, where e-mails are readily used - i would much rather receive a postcard RSVP than an e-mail RSVP.
    But you know, when you send out a formal invitation, there is a lot that goes with it - or it is not formal. You cannot have it both ways. The formal invitation somehow set the stage for your wedding. What to wear etc.
    If your planning on a BBQ in someone's backyard - a postcard would be just fine. But if your wedding is going to be at posh revenue - I would go with the proper RSVP - or you might end up seing some of your guest coming in torn jeans and beach outfits. Just saying!

On a note. Of course your guests can wear whatever they want. You cannot make them wear "black tie" if they don't want to. - But what the guests wear does set an atmosphere for your wedding.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

I had postcard RSVPs for my Saturday evening wedding. 95% of guests were dressed for an evening wedding. Those who were not had called me before and asked if it was okay if they wore jeans, and I told them I didn't care what they wore, as long as they were there. Those who did wear jeans wore them with a button down and tie, shirt tucked in and belt. No ripped jeans or cut-off present.
    It's a wedding, most people will assume they should dress in a semi-formal or formal manner, unless you explicitly state otherwise.

In this day and age, where e-mails are readily used - i would much rather receive a postcard RSVP than an e-mail RSVP. But you know, when you send out a formal invitation, there is a lot that goes with it - or it is not formal. You cannot have it both ways. The formal invitation somehow set the stage for your wedding. What to wear etc. If your planning on a BBQ in someone's backyard - a postcard would be just fine. But if your wedding is going to be at posh revenue - I would go with the proper RSVP - or you might end up seing some of your guest coming in torn jeans and beach outfits. Just saying! On a note. Of course your guests can wear whatever they want. You cannot make them wear "black tie" if they don't want to. - But what the guests wear does set an atmosphere for your wedding.
    Posted by pingo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

In this day and age, where e-mails are readily used - i would much rather receive a postcard RSVP than an e-mail RSVP. But you know, when you send out a formal invitation, there is a lot that goes with it - or it is not formal. You cannot have it both ways. The formal invitation somehow set the stage for your wedding. What to wear etc. If your planning on a BBQ in someone's backyard - a postcard would be just fine. But if your wedding is going to be at posh revenue - I would go with the proper RSVP - or you might end up seing some of your guest coming in torn jeans and beach outfits. Just saying! On a note. Of course your guests can wear whatever they want. You cannot make them wear "black tie" if they don't want to. - But what the guests wear does set an atmosphere for your wedding.
    Posted by pingo

With the design of my postcard, no one is mistaking it for a "casual" affair. I don't believe even you would do so were you to see it. You must take into account the entire package, as you say, and the fact that my reply card does not have an envelope does not "bring down" the tone of the rest of the package. Not unless one has the most rigid and strange thinking. You'll have to trust me on this, I suppose, but certainly all the feedback I've received from recipients is utterly complimentary and shows a "correct" understanding of the tone I am communicating.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

This is so true!
    Sometimes even just the simple fact that it's a wedding will trump all other dress code indicators- for exapmle: My mother's second weddign was a very casual affair. Backyard Luau. She bought very simple fold and send invites with a tear-off postcard RSVP at the bottom. The invites were luau themed, and the words "Luau" and "Casual" were used to describe the wedding on the invite. The RSVP even said "Totally, Bro!" or "Bummer dude, can't make it" as RSVP options.
    So she figured people would show up wearing their luau gear, shorts and flip flops. Right?
    Wrong. Men wore hawaiian shirts tucked into kahakis with belts and loafers. Women wore floral print garden party dresses. The only people dressed luau style were those of us who helped plan and were part of the wedding. When my mom asked people why they were so business-casual as opposed to luau casual they said "Well, I thought, 'it's a wedding!' and I didn't want to be under-dressed!"

Thank goodness it was 2 in the afternoon at a campsite, or else people might have been even more dressed up!

:)

With the design of my postcard, no one is mistaking it for a "casual" affair. I don't believe even you would do so were you to see it. You must take into account the entire package, as you say, and the fact that my reply card does not have an envelope does not "bring down" the tone of the rest of the package. Not unless one has the most rigid and strange thinking. You'll have to trust me on this, I suppose, but certainly all the feedback I've received from recipients is utterly complimentary and shows a "correct" understanding of the tone I am communicating.
    Posted by Reader001

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

I just went to a wedding that did a postcard RSVP.  Bonus: You don't have to tear the envelope open to figure out who's coming!  They knew who was coming by the time they hit the front door.  Yay instant gratification!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

We did it for our wedding and I loved it!  We received all of them back without issue.  I printed them myself.  I can email you a copy if you'd like.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

thanks for all of your input.  I'm excited about it and FI realizes that I'm going to go ahead and do it anyway (haha) so he agreed.  It was my Mom who ended up having the biggest problem - she is worried that there is information on there that the public can't see and I am still trying to explain to her that that's not the case.  Anyway - if the mailman wants to show up, he can! 
    I am having them made by the same person who is doing my invites and STDs.  She provides me with a template and I print it out at home (sweetpenelope.com)  she has been awesome!  I also got a stamp that says Rsvp from papersource to use on the blank side.  And, got precut "postcard" size paper at papersource for 50% off because they are discontinuing this size - score! 
    The $$ I saved helped my FI get on board too :)  I'm excited! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reader001. Show Reader001's posts

That's funny. All the "public" saw on mine is the name of the respondant and the three menu choices. Oh, and the date I required them to respond by.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonslp. Show bostonslp's posts

In Response to Re: rsvp postcard:
    That's funny. All the "public" saw on mine is the name of the respondant and the three menu choices. Oh, and the date I required them to respond by.
    Posted by Reader001

Yeah, my mom is a bit "crazy" when it comes to privacy. 
    i explained that the only thing people would know was if they were eating chicken or fish...haha.  but she wasn't buying. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie18. Show pinkkittie18's posts

yes, as long as the postcard RSVP doesn't have the date, time and place of the wedding, which rsvps usually don't include, you're okay.
    All that will be on there is your address and your guests, all info that has ot be on there anyways.

Sections
Shortcuts