S-E-X

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: S-E-X

[QUOTE]THIS is my FI.  He's never been the s-e-x crazed guy that you hear about.  He's fine with 1-2x per week as well.  Even when we first started dating, it may have only been about 3-4x. I'll never forget the night he said to me:  "I don't want to tonight...I have gas."  OMG.  LOL!!!
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

LMAO!  I think my DH has said this to me before.  I remember the first time I stayed over his place one weekend when we were dating and he didn't want to get it on [not the first time I stayed over, but the first time I stayed over and he just rolled over and went to sleep].  I remember lying there thinking 'do I smell?'  It was just so odd to me, but I've gotten used to it over time.  I was just used to dating horndogs I guess.  lol. 

It didn't bother me at first b/c I was having libido issues from BC. But since I've been off BC for over 2 years now and my drive has come back, it's kind of aggravating to hear "I'm tired".  I could go 24/7 at this point.  lol. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

[QUOTE]I think my favorite was the time my SO said, "I'm really not in the mood - can you just hold me?"  I said OK. About 45 seconds later, he looked at me and said, "I was just kidding."
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

Lucy, how did you stop laughing enough after that to actually do it?!  I would have been in hysterics.  lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Northern - I hear ya!  between medications, surgeries, etc over the past 2 years we've dwindled significantly.  I can't wait till things get back to "normal"!  The only saving grace is I had to change my BC due to migraines & I can tell this one is, shall we say, not conducive to romance.  I'm afraid to switch again for all the pain though.  When will they come out with a pill for guys??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

You got my attention; just what i needed on a friday!

The advice all the married girls gave me on my BParty - was "it's ok to schedule S-E-X - sometimes life gets crazy, and when you have kids you need to!" They all agreed, and all said it's good to do it!

So funny - and then on the wedding night - they all said it is a DO - Just Do It, you know Nike? It has to be done even if you don't want to!!

Northern - I think a lot of us women go through the loss of drive - I think stress, life, etc mess us up - so does the Pill. I hear getting off it helps! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from katie1980. Show katie1980's posts

I think this is an issue all couples deal with - the Pill and decrease of drive, all women - and sadly most of us don't talk about it becuase we don't think it's "Normal"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]I think this is an issue all couples deal with - the Pill and decrease of drive, all women - and sadly most of us don't talk about it becuase we don't think it's "Normal"
    Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]

All woman have a loss of drive sometimes! I have talked about this a TON with my girlfriends. And I am just going to come out and say it....and most of my gf's have admitted to having the help of a certain product...lube. Ok, I said it, but it helps. So there, now you know everything Embarassed

Also, Ti, I suffer from migraines, but I have been on Topomax for about 6 months now and it has worked wonders! Has your doctor told you about that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

[QUOTE] - and then on the wedding night - they all said it is a DO - Just Do It, you know Nike? It has to be done even if you don't want to!! Posted by katie1980[/QUOTE]

Ha,ha Katie!  Yep, we were both dead tired, but there was no way I was going to have to hear about not finishing the wedding night off for the rest of our lives!  That plus, when else could I wear the Bridal nightie?  :) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]A large part of it is being on the Pill for as long as I have been. but i don't want to go off of it and risk pg and i'm not comfortable with any of the other forms female BC that are out there. I'll stop there before we get too TMI on the subject.
    Posted by NorthernLghts[/QUOTE]

I am right there with you northern, this is my exact scenario as well.  I know it is life stresses as well that I am sure amounts to low drive.   FI is freaking out because if it is not a great s-e-x life before the marriage what will happen after?!?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]LMAO!  I think my DH has said this to me before.  I remember the first time I stayed over his place one weekend when we were dating and he didn't want to get it on [not the first time I stayed over, but the first time I stayed over and he just rolled over and went to sleep].  I remember lying there thinking 'do I smell?'  It was just so odd to me, but I've gotten used to it over time.  I was just used to dating horndogs I guess.  lol.  It didn't bother me at first b/c I was having libido issues from BC. But since I've been off BC for over 2 years now and my drive has come back, it's kind of aggravating to hear "I'm tired".  I could go 24/7 at this point.  lol. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

Really?! wow ALF good to hear that you got it back...I guess it is a catch 22 for me, I didn't want to go off the pill till I wanted kids.  Hmm what to do, what to do!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Cute puppy!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]Really?! wow ALF good to hear that you got it back...I guess it is a catch 22 for me, I didn't want to go off the pill till I wanted kids.  Hmm what to do, what to do!
    Posted by ajuly09[/QUOTE]

All you ladies suffering from this 'cause of the pill really ought to try a different one.  Can't suggest which one because they all affect everyone differently, but talk to your OBGYNs.  Or, if it's something else, deal with that aggressively, too.  It's really not something to shrug off and accept.  It can damage your marriage, eroding it at a barely noticable pace until suddenly the house is about to drop into the ocean. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]When will they come out with a pill for guys??
    Posted by tibird[/QUOTE]

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

They need to hurry up.  Seriously, the first time I tried the pill, I thought it functioned by making me such an insane freak that no one would come anywhere near me.  I had co-workers interrupting me in mid-sentence (work-related sentence) to ask, "When are you going to try a new prescription?"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Well then, aren't I glad that I had too many Blue Moons last night and started this conversation!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

[QUOTE]All you ladies suffering from this 'cause of the pill really ought to try a different one.  Can't suggest which one because they all affect everyone differently, but talk to your OBGYNs.  Or, if it's something else, deal with that aggressively, too.  It's really not something to shrug off and accept.  It can damage your marriage, eroding it at a barely noticable pace until suddenly the house is about to drop into the ocean. 
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

I wish I could easily switch, I went though so many pills because I found out I am allergic to many (any in the ortho family) I don't want to go through those side effects again!   Suppose you're right Kar, probably time to ask my doctor though. I am so shy about these things, so I have never mentioned it before.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

as am I july...and I was just at my OBGYN's last week. I suppose I have to just get over it. I was on one for years, switched last year thinking it would help but it hasn't. just gotta keep trying or just go off the pill completely.

I just saw your PS's on a previous post kar. In the last year or so we've been worrying about getting married, we were deciding to stay in our apartment and buy last year and i wasn't in the mood to look for a house because we were just ending up disapointed where ever we looked, and then this year buying the house. I also hated my job and resented/dreaded going to work everyday. Now, i like my job for the most part. I think life will finally calm down some to let me relax and we can work on this.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

One word, Northern and other affected ladies:  Astroglide.  Seriously.  It was the only thing that worked for us for a while.  Don't forget to warm it up in your hands first though, unless you want to see your DH hit the ceiling.  lol. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]One word, Northern and other affected ladies:  Astroglide.  Seriously.  It was the only thing that worked for us for a while.  Don't forget to warm it up in your hands first though, unless you want to see your DH hit the ceiling.  lol. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I have to second this.  FI will tease me because (I can't believe I'm telling you this) the first time we tried it I called it "my new best friend."

I feel bad for FI sometimes because he would be happiest at 7 days a week, but I don't have quite that need... I do have to say, however, it's frustrating when he waits until midnight then starts up!  Dude - I have to get up early for work! (he works from home/makes his own hours)  If you don't want me to say "no", stop waiting until midnight to make your desires known!!  I seriously had to have a talk with him about it because it began to just feel disrespectful.  Especially when we'd both be home together from 5:30pm on. 

I also second the poster who said it's ok to schedule s-e-x (I'm sorry - I forget who it was and I can't access the posts now...).  If I can tell FI is in the mood and I just am NOT, for whatever reason, I've found if I say, "but tomorrow would be GREAT!" he's much happier. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]One word, Northern and other affected ladies:  Astroglide.  Seriously.  It was the only thing that worked for us for a while.  Don't forget to warm it up in your hands first though, unless you want to see your DH hit the ceiling.  lol. 
    Posted by ALF72[/QUOTE]

ALF, YES, that stuff is awesome, and it is not sticky like K-Y!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

[QUOTE] Also, Ti, I suffer from migraines, but I have been on Topomax for about 6 months now and it has worked wonders! Has your doctor told you about that?
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Hey Liz - yep I tried Topomax.  it was bad news for me.  Apparently I'm fairly sensitive to that type of medication, I'd rather deal with the migraines than those side effects.  Who knew?   Glad it's working for you, I thought for a while my dr. was just messing with me :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

[QUOTE] I do have to say, however, it's frustrating when he waits until midnight then starts up!  Dude - I have to get up early for work! (he works from home/makes his own hours)  If you don't want me to say "no", stop waiting until midnight to make your desires known!! [/QUOTE]

Heather, we had the same issue! I'm up at 5:30 for work & he sleeps till 8, so we're on different schedules.  I had to spell it out too because things were getting frustrating!  I think that's part of the communicating that's harder, but important!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

[QUOTE]Dude - I have to get up early for work! (he works from home/makes his own hours)  If you don't want me to say "no", stop waiting until midnight to make your desires known!!  I seriously had to have a talk with him about it because it began to just feel disrespectful.  Especially when we'd both be home together from 5:30pm on.  I also second the poster who said it's ok to schedule s-e-x (I'm sorry - I forget who it was and I can't access the posts now...).  If I can tell FI is in the mood and I just am NOT, for whatever reason, I've found if I say, "but tomorrow would be GREAT!" he's much happier. 
    Posted by heatherv1211[/QUOTE]

My FI does this sometimes too; drives me crazy!  We'll be sitting around hanging out for hours, then around 10:30 or so when I start to fall asleep on the couch, he wants to go!  I've mentioned to him how it's more enjoyable when both of us are fully awake, and he's been better about it since then.

Now we'll be watching TV or whatever, and he'll just turn to me and say "Time for lovin'!" or "Show me the goods!"  He's too freakin' funny sometimes.  Smile

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

Oh well, I'm sorry it didn't work for you :( There's always sex to cure a headache! ;)

Hey we are allowed to say sex!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, yeah, definitely giving an alternative time that's rather soon helps with the rejection.  Just follow be sure to follow through! ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sept2010Bride. Show Sept2010Bride's posts

[QUOTE]My FI does this sometimes too; drives me crazy!  We'll be sitting around hanging out for hours, then around 10:30 or so when I start to fall asleep on the couch, he wants to go!  I've mentioned to him how it's more enjoyable when both of us are fully awake, and he's been better about it since then. Now we'll be watching TV or whatever, and he'll just turn to me and say "Time for lovin'!" or "Show me the goods!"  He's too freakin' funny sometimes. 
    Posted by kmt09[/QUOTE]

UGH My FI does this too!! My FI has a very demanding job, and he has to work at home for about 2 hours AFTER he works 8 hrs a day. So we both get home from work around 5:30. From abour 6-8 he sometimes is on his computer doing work, and I am just sitting there reading, watching TV, or I go to the gym, etc. But sometimes I feel like ok, for the past 2 hours you were on your computer ignoring me and now you want to be all cuddly with me?? UH NO!! haha. Oh and not to mention, when it is like 10:30-11pm THATS when he wants the lovin...no, I am TIRED!!!! I can totally relate!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]Oh well, I'm sorry it didn't work for you :( There's always sex to cure a headache! ;) Hey we are allowed to say sex!
    Posted by Sept2010Bride[/QUOTE]

Intriguing.... I posted this morning and asked BDC Dottie to let us say sex.  I don't know if it's a coincidence, because I never tried to use the word before.  :)

Sections
Shortcuts