Share your books!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Share your books!

I found this website, GoodReads.com, and I am totally hooked!

This is my link...
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/3236060

That is the list of books I have read ( I honestly can not remember all of them!), then there are books that you want to read. I think it is really cool because you can search for books in genre's, etc. Just thought I would share. Maybe we could all start up something, and suggest books. I am trying to get back into reading!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Re: Share your books!

Hi Liz,

I love Good Reads too. I sent you a friend request.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Yay! I love it. I have so many books I want to read. I need to go on like a 2 month honeymoon! haha.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

In the last month (January) I've read:

The Shopaholic Series

Peyton Place (which i found pretty boring)

Roommates Wanted

Between Sisters

True Colors

Breaking the Silence

Looking for Peyton Place

For My Daughters

Atleast that's what i can remember off the top of my head. There are probably a couple more i'm forgetting. I've really gotten into books by Barbara Delinsky, Diane Chamberlain & Kristin Hannah

and right now I'm reading Follow Me by Joanna Scott which is really good so far

Looking at your list, we've read a lot of the same books Liz. I'll have to check out this link when i get home to create my own. Kind of curious at my total read.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

The thought of listing every book I've ever read is incredibly daunting (and, it would contain a few things that are rather embarrassing).

I know I read probably 10-15 books during January and yet, all I can think of is Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.  How sad is that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

the other ones must not have been that good Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I just read all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books...which is meant for 4th graders....sooo.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

This thread just reminded me...

My SO sent me a link to an interview with a cheerleader this morning, in which she identified her favorite book as "Facebook."

So, really, nothing I could list would be more embarrassing than that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

wow, just...wow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

No, she had to be joking, right?  Please tell me...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Capitals-Ice-Girl-Sarah-Lists-Her-Favorite-Book-As-Facebook-Blog-23294

(kar, tried to make this open in a new window but my current browser doesn't let me put in that option, sorry!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Northern I would love to see your list. As you can see from mine, I have a tong of "want to reads". I need to go on a 2 month vacation of sitting on the beach to get it all done. Sometimes, I wish I actually did take the T into work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

My BIL got me to sign up, but I just receive his updates and check out what he's currently reading to see if anything sounds good.

I finally read "Something Borrowed" on vacation and it was so good!!!  Has anyone read the series?  I don't know if I can stand the next one if it's from Darcy's perspective...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I think it's better, just because she's so unaware of herself it's amusing.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/3240694

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Fram, I also liked Something Blue better than Something Borrowed.  I started out thinking I would hate it because Darcy is so awful, but it's good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Hey Liz, I just sent you a friend request.  I love Goodreads as well.  It's where I get all of my book recommendations!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

I agree that Something Borrowed was better.  I liked Baby Proof as well which isn't related to the other two but is by the same author.  Love the One You're With, on the other hand, I absolutely hated.  I would not recommend that one but it seems I'm in the majority with that recommendation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Hi Clc, I accepted your friend request! Northern, holy moly you have A LOT of books, can't wait to go through all of them!

I LOVE Emily Giffin. She has a new book coming out May 11th, which I think is set in Boston. I already pre-ordered it on Amazon!

I liked reading the story from Darcy's perspective. I almost felt bad for her, she is just so sad in her own way. I read Love the One You're With while in Aruba in like 2 days and couldn't put it down. I don't really remember it much, so maybe I will read it again. Baby Proof was good, but I remember getting annoyed with the main character a lot.

Sophia Kinsella has been disappointing me lately. Sleeping Arrangements was terrible, imo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Here's my link for anyone else that joins...

http://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2338987

I tend to read a lot of girly books, as you'll see, but every now and then I'll mix it up with a military book or some mystery. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

There are a couple books that i'm waiting to show up at the library. While i appreciate that the library is free, it's hard waiting for them to get there sometimes.

by the way Liz, some of the books on my list are kids books like Pollyanna and Harriet the Spy :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Sleeping Arrangements was written awhile ago.  It was re-released recently, but I think it was actually one of her first books.  Also, I feel like, when she's writing as Madeline Wickham, she has a very different style and tone that won't necessarily appeal to everyone who likes her Sophie Kinsella books.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I keep seeing the book Water for Elephants pop up everywhere! I am embarassed to say that I had never heard of it, but people rave about it. Is it really that good?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

I hadn't heard of it until a co-worker of mine was reading it. It is pretty good but it's not really a quick,light read. It took a little bit to get through it. It's about a boy growing up and working in the circus.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

I wish I had more time to read. I try to read every night before I go to bed. I have like 15 books on my "to read" list, and it keeps growing. God knows I will get to them all.

I need a beach, a chair and 3 months of a solitude!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scorpio75. Show Scorpio75's posts

I looked into goodreads but I did not want to have yet another login for another site.  I do get recommendations off of Amazon and do some reviews there.  But for me the more useful source of recommendations etc is an app on facebook it is done by Living Social, called the Visual Bookshelf. 

I am not trying to knock anyone for goodreads, if it works for you great, but if there are others out there that like the concept but don't want yet another site to loginto and join, and are on Facebook Visual bookshelf is something to consider.