Show off your rings??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Re: Show off your rings??

Omigosh, Gonzo...I might have to jump on that deal!

In the meantime, look what I found! http://www.ross-simons.com/products/164870.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

from our wedding albumn :-). My ring has no prongs so i don't have to worry as much about it getting loose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gonzo130. Show Gonzo130's posts

Ooh, I like your ring Northern. 
    Kar, I've been engaged for over a year and still haven't taken a pic of my e-ring.  I'm bad about photos but I'm sure once I have professional ones, I'll post.
    Liz, I got this as a bridesmaid gift:  http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/triplegarnetheartnecklace-30001829?viewpos=32&trackingpgroup=rneck

I'm not a huge fan of hearts but it doesn't look very heart-y.  I like the earrings you posted better but thought I'd throw out redenvelope as another place to look.  They have a whole birthstone collection. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Here's mine.  It is a Ritani setting.  I ended up getting the bands in white gold even though the e-ring is platinum because I could not afford the ritani band.  I ended up finding the band at longs and it was super on sale after xmas time, so I got two! I'm always looking out for a bargain!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

How beautiful and SUPER sparkly, ajuly!  Lovely designer and choice.  With so many diamonds, the white gold vs. platinum choice is simple IMO - you don't see enough of the metal for it to matter aesthetically, and price wise there's no comparison.  You were very smart to do that!  It's like earring posts - white gold stud settings are $100.  Platinum stud earrings setttings are about $1700, and you don't see the metal.

Northern, I've always been intrigued and impressed with the tension setting.  I'd love to see it on your hand. 

Northern and Gonzo, just stick out your hands, point, and shoot! :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

Thanks Kar, you're right It just made sense.  Platinum is crazy expensive and DH did it for the e-ring because it's supposed to hold the setting better (or whatever!) The cost of the two white gold rings combined were LESS than HALF of the designer platinum one!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Ok, now I want two wedding bands....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Here's my set, in a blurry picture of them on my hand:

Here's the photo from the website:

They are both platinum.  I love the way they look together, and the super classic settings. My husband made a wonderful choice on the engagement ring, respecting my two requests: keep it simple, and please make it ethically mined. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Jasmine, beautiful. Are your diamonds from Canada? I have read that diamonds from there are ethically mined. I could be wrong though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

FI and I went to the wedding band event at Long's in Burlington last year.  We just wanted to check it out, weren't really ready to buy.  It was *insane*.  There were so many people there and it was so crowded, you had to wait and sort of push your way through people to even look in the cases.  A lot of people were buying, so I bet it was good deals.  But my advice would be to know what you want before you go and get ready to deal with the crowds.

Of course, maybe it was just the time we went.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

Thanks Liz!  Yes, Canadian diamonds are one option for ethically mined diamonds.  The problem of ethical mining has actually lessened over the last few years with the Kimberley Process working to ensure that diamonds are ethically sourced.  It's not a perfect system, but it is a big step in the right direction.  Anywhere that you buy a diamond from should be able to certify that they were purchased through the Kimberley process (if not, be suspicious). 

My husband asked every jeweler about whether they could guarantee that their diamonds conflict-free.  He also asked about sustainable mining practices.  In the end, he was deciding between Canadian diamonds or a Tiffany ring, because both sources are industry leaders on best-practice mining.  Nope, not anywhere near perfect, and mining is by definition environmentally damaging, but I think it was a good compromise for us.

In the end, he chose a Tiffany ring over a Canadian diamond from another jeweler because he was really impressed with the quality of their workmanship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Lovely, jas!  Very classic and elegant.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Jasmine, beautiful! One of my friends has a ethical diamond, that her husband got from Brilliant Earth. I had no idea that Tiffany's diamonds were, as well. That is great to know.

http://www.brilliantearth.com/

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Ahh I came in late to the thread.  I loooove all the rings, so unique and beautiful! 

I can NEVER get a picture of my ring without it being blurry!  I'd love to get a picture of the setting because there is a lot of detail on the sides. 

The ring's on my pinkie because I took the picture when I was trying on bands (which of course were too small).  I wanted to see if I liked the straight band or one with a slight curve to go around the princess cut.  I decided on the slightly curved one, but I haven't taken any pictures with it since we picked it up. I cant wait to wear the two together!!   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Dreamer, how stunning and sparkly!!!  Is your e-ring a 3 stone with princess cut stones?

On a related note, why are ring samples so darned small?  My ring finger is a 7.  The jeweler actually told my DH, "That's really big for a girl - are you sure that's right?"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

I just got a little artistic photographing my ring!

I love love love my rings, they're perfect for me!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Kar if it makes you feel any better my rings are bigger than that.  Oddly my ering is an 8 point (which is apparently just ever so slighly larger than an 8 even and not quite an 8.25) and my band is even bigger than that and I cannot remember what size it is, but I do remember that the two rings are different sizes.

One of my issues is I have big knuckles (just an aside but that is such a weird word) so the rings will ocassionally spin around my finger but I really don't have any worries about losing them since they will not go over my knuckle unless I assist the rings when I put them on or take them off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

I have huge fingers, too (which is evidenced by the pic of my rings!). My e-ring and wedding band are size 8's, also. My hands are huge, too. Long fingers, huge palms. I like to say I have man-hands! On the upside, though, I can palm a basketball and small childrens heads!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

katel, lovely green and gold combo!  Are the top and bottom rings both wedding rings?  Did you design the set yourself?  I've never seen anything like it!

wendy, knuckles is a weird word. :)  Mine are big, too, not the rest of my finger, either.  You'd think the jeweler would be used to that...whatever!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

My rings are 6.75 and I think my hands are pretty average, so saying a 7 is big for a woman is crazy in my opinion.  My FI has tiny little fingers and hands, I think his ring will be like 5 or 6.  The guys rings are all like 8 and above, so he had the opposite problem trying on rings in the store.  I'm sad we won't be able to do the classic picture where they put the brides rings inside the grooms, which I think has cute symbolism. 

His sister's ring was like a 4!!!  So tiny!  I don't even think my pinky is a 4!

Of course, my fingers change size a lot with the season.  In summer my e-ring is hard to get on and off, yet in the winter, it is so loose I worry about it falling off! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

We went to Longs to get DH's wedding band.  They were ridiculously overpriced and the salesguy was so snooty we walked out!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Wendy- compliment well taken. Thank you very much.

Kar- you're the sweetest!

Liz- DY doesn't really do engagement and wedding bands, at least they don't sell them at Saks. I imagine if he has a bridal collection it would be super expensive and available at a place like Long's. I just really liked the "two rings are one" idea and with DH's discount, it made sense to get something unique even though it's not intended to be a wedding band. Plus I  have more silver jewelry, so getting a ring with yellow gold to match my e-ring and silver to match my other jewelry at a good price made sense.
    As for white gold in the pool, it depends on how much chlorine is in the pool. My ring became discolored because I was bleaching a shirt and not thinking about it getting on my hands, but I spilled because I'm a klutz. I've never really had my ring on in a pool because DH always insists I leave it in the safe in the hotel room if I go swimming. Other than vacations, I'm never around pools.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

My ring is a size 6...and like Trex, in the winter is can feel lose and in the summer feel tight!

Katel, I love your rings! Are those peridots?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I finally took pics, and also just learned I can email myself from my phone!  (yes, I'm a bit behind the times...)  these are humungous but I can't figureo out how to get them smaller...

it's kind of hard to tell, but both the ering band and wedding band are made up of 2 rows of tiny pave diamonds - they just go partway around the band.  the pics make it look like it comes to a point in the center between the rows but it doesn't - it's flat.

i like the side view because you can see how the ering band tapers as it meets the center stone...

Thanks to everyone who's posted - these are such fun to see.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Oooo mmmm geee, Poppy, I LOVE the bands!!!