Show off your rings??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Re: Show off your rings??

Hi Kar! Yes, both the top and bottom are wedding bands. We had 2 ceremonies, one here and one in New Orleans. The diamond is from our here ceremoney, peridot is New Orleans. I didn't design it, actually DH was totally in charge of the e-ring anh shocked the hell out of me with it! After I saw that, that's when I got the idea for the green and diamond 2 band thing...
    Yes, Liz, they are peridots. I guess the ones on the e-ring are "pineapple cut" so that they're much harder, as I know peridots are naturally somewhat soft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Hi ladies, if you want to make the photos smaller all you have to do is click on the corner and resize/drag, just like if you were in Word or something like that.

My rings are both slightly under size 5.  I think I may have mentioned this before, but when I bought my band, the saleswoman insisted I get it 1/2 size smaller than my e-ring.  I told her my hands were just cold and I should at least get the same size as my e-ring, but in the end I decided she was the expert. 
    Two weeks later - same exact store - different saleswoman tells my friend to buy her band 1/2 size bigger!!!  She said that your finger will swell otherwise once it has two rings on it instead of one.  What the heck?!!  So I had mine resized to be the same as my e-ring... and after gaining wait since the wedding it is already getting stuck on my finger!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

"Hi ladies, if you want to make the photos smaller all you have to do is click on the corner and resize/drag, just like if you were in Word or something like that."

Oh!  Duh.  Sorry, I will do that next time!

Thanks, Liz!  I love them too - my DH totally picked them out on his own and is very proud of himself. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Poppy - very pretty!!!

katel - interesting story.  I love peridot, too.  Green is my favorite color...so calming.

Fram, my rings are the same size, too...never had a problem.  Watch that weight gain!  I gained 30 lbs my first year of my first marriage!  It took me a lot longer than that to lose it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Fram:  huh, that sizing info is very confusing!  I got my band the same size, but with the 2 rings on, it does feel tighter.  I'm a little worried that it is too small.  Luckily, I can easily have it made bigger when I start wearing it.  (right?)

My friend got a gorgeous eternity band and she got it in a larger size than her e-ring.  She said the store recommened that because 1) eternity bands are very hard to resize because of all the stones and 2) since you wear it behind your e-ring, the e-ring will always hold it on even if it is a little big.  Of course, this only applies if you plan to always wear you e-ring.

I kind of wish I had bought my band a little bigger.  Oh well!  It was just luck that they had the ring I wanted in my size in the case, so we just bought it!

PS. For the married girls:  was it hard to get used to wearing 2 rings?  When I started trying it in the store, it felt SO weird, and kind of unconfortable.  I got a thin band to minimize the feeling.  Of course, it took a while to get used to my e-ring.  I always wore a ring on that finger, so I wasn't expecting it to be different, but the e-ring was so much heavier, I could feel it for the first week or so!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Trex, your rings can be resized very easily.  Also, as a married gal, it took me awhile to get used to my wedding band being there, too.  From the photo you can see that a 4 mm wide band is VERY wide.  And, platinum is considerably and noticably heavier than gold on your hand.  But, I did.  I barely feel it now, and the same will happen to you unless it digs into your finger in an unusual way or it really is the wrong size.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from katel. Show katel's posts

Trex, I didn't think it was too hard to get used to having 2  (or 3) rings on my finger. It felt a bit funny for the first few days, but now it feels funny to just wear 2, instead of the 3 that I normally wear. You will definitley get used it it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

I agree with Kar both of mine are platinum and the weight is different but it didn't take long to get used to and I often forget I have them on and don't feel them on my left hand and have to either look at my hand or feel it with my right.

Honestly it took longer to adjust to the e-ring than to the e-ring and band.

Fra- thanks for the info on the larger sized band, when we picked it out she never said why she said I should go larger but based on your posting that makes sense.  And I went with the larger since she suggested it and since I was going to have a cut design on it, I knew it would be impossible to up size but if I needed it smaller I could always get sizing beads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

my wedding band weighs less than my engagement ring, so no i didn't notice a difference there. I just like looking down and seeing both on my hand :-)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajuly09. Show ajuly09's posts

The longs sale was right around xmas time, but they do have sales quite often from what I have noticed.  
    The longs wedding band event in march is  a sham!! It is not longs selling the items, it is the vendors, and as another had said, they are not the friendliest.  We couldn't even get close enough to the cases to see the rings.  Out of all the rings there DH couldn't even find what he was looking for anyways. Ring shopping should not be stressful and crowded, go another time! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Thanks Kar!

Yes, 3 stone princess cuts and 4 smaller princess cuts on each side.  I got a good pic from the side which shows the detail of the other sides. 

My phone takes way better pictures than my digital camera!!  I think it might be time for an upgrade!  I'm also a size 7 and only take off my rings to clean them...but my fingers definitely swell a lot.  I would NOT make a good hand model.  haha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

Everyone's rings are so pretty!  After being adamant that he did not want me to pick out my ring, my FI got me the ring I fell in love with while browsing online one day.  Maybe b/c I kept calling it my ring? :-)  He said I loved it so much - he didn't think he could do better.  So he bought it and then kept it hidden away for almost 5 months until we went away.  It's perfect and I love it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

deneice, how gorgeous!  Great story, too.  :)  I love the old fashioned quality to the design.  My DH also bought and held on to my ring for 3 months.  I had found the empty box soon after he bought it so I was pretty tortured knowing it was SOMEWHERE other than my finger!

Dreamer, I was going to suggest an upgrade (did I, in fact, or did I delete it?  can't remember).  Anyway, my 10 year old digital camera also took fuzzy closeups, but I just upgraded (and paid HALF what I did on my first one) to the latest Cannon Elph, and it is SO much better.   I'm glad you added the new photo - I totally had the wrong picture in my mind of your ring (which was pretty but just not right).  Love the side detail.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dreamer-6-19. Show Dreamer-6-19's posts

Deniece, I love your ring and setting.  Gorgeous!  FI had my ring for 16 months before he proposed!!  Crazy...I would be afraid to lose it! 

FI accidentally broke my digital last year when snowmobiling..the one I've been using is my moms old one.  So I am definitely due for a new one!  Its crazy how inexpensive they are! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deniece881. Show deniece881's posts

Thanks Kar and Dreamer.  He had it hidden at his Mom's, but she didn't know it was there either - good thing she didn't go on a cleaning spree. :-)  I don't think he could have waited if it was actually in the house. :-)  Dreamer, I love all the princess cuts - they're beautiful.

I got a new camera for christmas, it is really amazing how good a camera you can get for so little money.  I was playing with the settings taking the ring picture.  The Elphs are great.  I have a Lumix b/c I like to play with the zoom. :-)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BE2Be. Show BE2Be's posts

Loved seeing pics of everyone's rings!!   To add to the discussion of sizing, I'd definitely recommend erring on the larger side for both E-ring and wedding band.  I'm not saying get them huge, but if you are between sizes, maybe round up instead of down. As Wendy said, you can always make a ring tighter with sizing beads but it is so much more difficult and many steps to make it larger.

I say this because I'm 32 weeks pregnant and my fingers have swollen to the point where neither my e ring or wedding band comfortably fits...I guess swelling of hands and feet is a common pregnancy affliction!  I'm hoping once I give birth and lose all the water weight, my fingers will return to normal but lots of relatives and friends have told me that their feet and fingers never returned to normal size after pregnancy...luckily, we got both rings from Barmakian and they told me that they could "stretch" both of them up a size or so if necessary.  Would absolutely HATE to have those gorgeous rings and not be able to wear them in the future.  Just wanted to put that scenario out there because I know when I was looking at rings and wedding bands, being pregnant/gaining 25+ lbs was not even a consideration in my mind and I definitely did not err on the bigger side when sizing my rings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

What is a sizing bead?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Trex - it's a little metal (not sure what kind) ball (usually there are two) that the jeweler can glue (?) to the inside of your ring so that it rests more snugly against your finger.  I don't have them, but my rings are a little large and have thought of getting them.  It sounds like it would be uncomfortabl,e but people I know who've gotten them say they don't feel much different. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Here's a pic:

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Oh, I see!  Thanks!  I have have a problem with rings being too big, always too small!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Everyone's rings are all so pretty and unique.  I love how you can tell so much about a person from their set!

Here is my e-ring.  It's a platinum solitaire with pave diamonds down the sides.  I looooooooooove it.  I still find myself staring at it when I'm not busy...or sometimes when I am busy and shouldn't be staring...like when I am driving.  Oops - I'm a danger on the roads!  haha. 

We don't have wedding bands picked out yet, but I want mine to just match the e-ring band.  I am a sucker for symmetry!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, Twinklie, your ring matches your namesake. :)  Very pretty!  Sadly, I can relate to endangering myself and others on the road staring at my e-ring.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Me too!  Even after being engaged for 1.5 years.  I *love* my ring!  Of course, I've always been a sucker for shiny jewelry.... :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

Thanks, Kar!

I think it's awesome when girls still appreciate their rings.  They cost enough, we might as well truly enjoy them!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lizinboston. Show lizinboston's posts

Poppy, so random, but I just got my nails done and the salon where I go has a painting of your avatar there! Totally thought of you.