Show off your rings??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Show off your rings??

Twinklie, thanks for saying so.  Me, too!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

A few thoughts, now that I am catching up...
    Deniece - love your ring!!!!  It is very similar to what I had in mind.  I ended up with a marquise solitaire that looks like an oval.
    Also love the Lumix cameras for the same reason - zoom is incredible.

And finally, I have had my ring for 3 1/2 years and I still love looking at it!!  I still straighten it out when I'm driving and want to see it on the steering wheel hehe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Liz - how funny!  I guess it is sort of soothing and salon-like...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mo41083. Show Mo41083's posts

Here's mine and DH's at the wedding. I can't get a good picture on my camera so I had to use one of the photographer's and it didn't copy as good a quality as it looks on her website.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

pretty band!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Mo, how beautiful!!  I've never seen more than six prongs on a larger stone - interesting setting (in a good way!).  My DH's band doesn't match my set, either; his looks exactly like your husband's.

What a lovely collection of rings there are in this thread.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

I seriously love all of your rings! I am so glad I started this post, and am so looking forward to the day that I can show mine :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

We are, too, Peonie!  I'm still betting quite a bit on Valentine's Day. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Hi Peonie!  Great thread and I'm sure you'll be showing your off soon too!  But a little piece of unsolicited advice is to not think about it too much (eg. with upcoming holidays).  Most likely it will come when you least expect it anyway!  One of my friends was highly anticipating her ring and she told me that after many nice dinners out, she would be tense the whole night waiting for it, then get home disappointed and annoyed that it didn't happen.  In the end, her now husband caught her totally off gaurd anyway.  She regretted the pressure she was putting on herself (and him!) and those dinners/special occasions that she sort of ruined with her anticipation.

Anyway, just saying enjoy the happy times now and I know he'll surprise the heck out of you anyway!  I actually did know it was coming, and yet, FI totally surprised me even still!  I still giggle hysterically about it every time I think about it!  Guys are so clever!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

since my camera refuses to work properly...kar this is a side view and a better front view of my ring that i found on google. It's set with ring material (in my case platinum) on right and left sides of the ring rather than prongs. It's an EToile setting.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Cool, Northern!!  How modern and clean-lined it is.  Thanks for posting - I love learning about these things, and I've never seen the EToile setting before.  Very pretty!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOVE that setting, Northern! If I had picked my own ring, I would have gone for something similar.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

I wonder if this will work.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

sunshine, is it baguettes surrounding a center stone and all baguettes for the wedding band?  What are the vertical pieces?  Whatever the details, I can tell it's beautiful and super sparkly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from twinklie12. Show twinklie12's posts

So this weekend FI and I went to Barmakian to check out wedding bands.  We found what he loves, but if he wants platinum, it's over $2K.  I was in shock!  We are looking into palladium for him now, but I think he sort of feels like he gets jipped since my e-ring is platinum and I'm getting a platinum band to match.  He will probably be fine with palladium in the end, but I also hate to cheap out on soemthing he'll wear forever.  I want him to love it!  THEN, we find out they would have to take my engagement ring for 3 weeks to match the band to the  e-ring perfectly  (I have a semi-eternity style e-ring, and I am a freak about symmetry, so I want the band to match exactly).  Sadface - I don't want to part with my ring!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wendy98. Show wendy98's posts

Twinklie-  My e-ring and band are platinum and my DH's ring is a mix of white and yellow gold.  One reason, he wanted something a bit lighter than the platinum (not that it is heavy but there is a difference in weight) and he didn't want to spend that much on a ring.  DH didn't feel like he was getting the losing end of the stick, and I did suggest he get the metal he wanted. He tried on a few other metals and I stressed that I wanted him to get a ring he was comfortable with since he had to wear it.   Good luck.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Twinklie, he can get a much better deal on platinum at Blue Nile where I got my band (4 mm size 7 for $700).  Barmakian told me I probably got a thinner band for that price since they were charging $1200 for what looked very much like the same thing.  But mine is substantial; I'm not sure what I'd do with "extra" platinum. LOL  Anyway, take a look at www.bluenile.com for his band, and trust me, the quality is THERE despite the price difference.

Not that palladium is a bad choice - I've never seen it or have any experience with it.  Blue Nile sells both palladium and platinum, actually.  I'm betting the palladium prices are better than at Barmakian, too.

Whatever the weight, your finger will acclimate and not feel it at all after a short while.  I used to feel my very heavy platinum set quite obviously, but now I have to touch it with my thumb to see if I have it on.

P.S.  We are HUGE Barmakian fans, too, by the way.  My e-ring, wedding pearl/diamond earrings, and diamond studs are from there.  I still have no regrets dealing with Blue Nile for my wedding band.  Saved us $500 plus tax.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sunshinemrs. Show sunshinemrs's posts

Kar,

Sorry - I haven't been logging on much.  Thank you!  I love my rings because I really have never seen anyone with them.

My ring is small round - baguette - small round repeating with a bar in between th stones.  It's a Blue Nile ring!  Love, love, love Blue Nile.

My husband got my rings there because I'm picky and he was afraid I wouldn't like them and they have a 30-45 day return policy - no questions asked.  Luckily, I loved them!

I know someone who returned her ring and it really was no questions asked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Hey, ss! :)  That's another pro for going to BN, for sure.  That return policy could have come in handy, but glad you didn't need it.  He did great!

I also returned a 2 mm platinum band to BN with no hassle simply because I didn't like the width against my e-ring.  It was a pleasure to work with them. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Rap, yours is still missing here....!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

I've been rather busy this weekend planning a wedding and all!  LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverFestiva. Show SilverFestiva's posts

Rapunzel, your ring looks a little like mine! :-) the band was made custom - it is unique looking and I love it. supposedly for our 5th anniversary I'm going to get a band to go around the other side of the circle...we'll see. ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

YAY, Rap - it's all behind you now, and your ring is gorgeous.  And, ams, yours, too!  I can't believe how similar they are, it's such a unique looking style.  Love the custom wedding band.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Rapunzel I love it!!!  I haven't been on the wedding boards lately and I just noticed you're engaged!  Congrats!  How are the plans going?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brighton1. Show Brighton1's posts

Here's my engagement ring.  I don't have a new pic with my wedding ring, but it's also a pave band.