Shuttle from hotel to reception and back?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from winter09wedding. Show winter09wedding's posts

We went ahead and booked with Christopher Limo (there were some postings a few weeks ago on this same topic); wedding isn't for two weeks but they have been very helpful so far.
    http://www.christopherlimousine.com/fleet/bostonlimousineservices.htm

Others that had shuttles we looked at include:
    http://www.aformalaffairlimousine.com/
    http://www.aperfectlimo.com/index.html

They all have enclosed shuttles, which is important to us in February. But the trolleys can actually seat more people than the enclosed buses... not sure how many people you or if your wedding will be during warmer times. There were several companies we found with "white wedding" trolleys which were pretty cute. The shuttle we are getting actually seats 50, which is more than we needed but I am all about just in cases...

One thing to keep in mind... we ran the shuttle from the hotels (2) to our wedding and then the reception site. I wanted the guests at the church 15 minutes in advance (after about 25-30 minute drive), the wedding was planned for an hour, and then the reception site was <1 mile away. However, we found you either paid for "one way trips" or by the hour. We were about 15 minutes over two hours (if that), but "two trips" (although one was all of 5 minutes) was a bit expensive given we also had to take guests home that night. So, when you are booking, I would ask for info on that distinction- Christopher's was very flexible with us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

Also doing a shuttle. Way too far for people to drive after they have been drinking.

Depeding on finances and how many people want to take a shuttle we are either going with A. School Bus or B. Nice Motor Coach.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenclown. Show greenclown's posts

We used Old Town Trolley Tours to get people to our RD and back. They did a great job and the price wasn't that bad. Actually, we looked at a few places and they ended up being the cheapest. I think our contract was for a four hour minimum and then we paid for each additional hour.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from octbride09. Show octbride09's posts

[Quote]I had the same issue. Ours was at a country club and the closest hotel was 18 minutes away. I offered a school bus. It was so much cheaper than getting a shuttle bus. Honestly, I was a little skeptical about providing a school bus.. I thought people would think it was cheesy. But everyone was just happy to not have to drive or pay for cabs and most people thought it was funny since they hadn't been on a school bus in ages. And after an open bar, I don't think half the people knew what planet they were on let alone that they were riding on a school bus! And for the welcome bags at the hotel we got brown paper lunch bags and had our names and date monogrammed on them and filled with snacks and whatnot. People thought it was a cute.

We used Eastern Bus for $390 for the night.[/Quote]

Where did you get married? My country club is 18 minutes from our hotel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosKer. Show RosKer's posts

I had the same issue. Ours was at a country club and the closest hotel was 18 minutes away. I offered a school bus. It was so much cheaper than getting a shuttle bus. Honestly, I was a little skeptical about providing a school bus.. I thought people would think it was cheesy. But everyone was just happy to not have to drive or pay for cabs and most people thought it was funny since they hadn't been on a school bus in ages. And after an open bar, I don't think half the people knew what planet they were on let alone that they were riding on a school bus! And for the welcome bags at the hotel we got brown paper lunch bags and had our names and date monogrammed on them and filled with snacks and whatnot. People thought it was a cute.

We used Eastern Bus for $390 for the night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RosKer. Show RosKer's posts

octbride- we got married at the oakley country club