Sweet DIY wreath or centerpice!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Sweet DIY wreath or centerpice!

Saw this from a friend on Facebook and had to share. This would make an awesome centerpiece, and I know Peeps are available every season now!
    http://gerberadesigns.com/triedandtrue/?p=310
    peepwreath00sm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Re: Sweet DIY wreath or centerpice!

Too cute!  And, guests could sneak a peep...sounds dirty. ;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

DH would eat it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Heck, I'd have to buy twice as many peeps as we needed for the centerpieces, 'cause I'd eat them the whole time we were making them.  Why are what should be so terrible so darned yummy?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Pinkie,
    You made my day! Was getting empty of ideas of what to to send my two sons for Easter. They both LOVE peeps. And something home made make it even better (well. the wreath is, isn't it?).
    Guess I am off to the store to buy some 18 packs of peeps. Just hope they have that many. LOL
    However, I would add some fake greenery to it- just for the look. And for Easter I would make it all yellow. Thanks again!
    - Pingo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

On a second note, maybe one could add some chocolate pieces in there - or whatever.

Did any of you find, you cannot edit any more? I have been trying. I can get the post, but it will not let my type anything??????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

yeah, i've been haviong weird issues too. mine keeps switching back and forth from this format to the newer one, and sometimes i don't have access to all the buttons.

I think you could add chocolate, but I'm not sure how you'd stick it to the wreath? Normally I'd go with hot glue but hot glue + chocolate might = melty mess

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pingo. Show pingo's posts

Newer one? Did I miss something?

Well, chocolate could go in on the toothpicks - just like the peeps. Besides most chocks are wrapped. Could hot clue them then. Well, if I have to do all yellow "peeps" w/ some greenery, that would look lovely too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I've posted about the newer format I see sometimes, but only a couple other people said they saw it too. It's been showing up on and off for me since November I think.

I think Easter grass would look really nice.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

What a cute idea! I love Peeps!

I made these cupcakes last year using a recipe from the Food Network's website. Not the easiest recipe in the world but SO cute!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

holy cow, Friar! that's quite the baking feat! I don't know if I'd be brave enough to attempt it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Those cupcakes are incredible

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I bet if you used the bunny shaped peeps, it'd be super cute!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Awesome idea Pink!  thanks for sharing.  Now I know what to bring to the in laws for easter!  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Yay I am not the only person who LOVES peeps!!  They can't be that bad - marshmallows are fat free!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I don't like peeps, but I think they're really cute.
    I'm interested in the new chocolate covered ones. I used to love the chocolate marshmallow candy bars

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Thanks! I came pretty close to using bunny peeps, but I'm such a traditionalist and bunnies don't hatch from eggs. The "eggs" are Airheads and of course I had to get white ones and of course, I couldn't find them anywhere! Ended up buying a case from a candy shop on Good Friday. Those cupcakes are by far the cutest thing I've ever baked.

I haven't seen chocolate covered peeps, but when I do, I'm totally buying them!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I was wondering what the egg shells were made of.  Wow that is dedication!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sorry, I meant bunnies for the wreath.

I was also wondering what you used for shells! i would have been laxy and just used plastic ones :/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

In Response to Re: Sweet DIY wreath or centerpice!:
    Yay I am not the only person who LOVES peeps!!  They can't be that bad - marshmallows are fat free!
    Posted by framerican51008

Marshmallows are fat free?????

You just made my life. 

The peeps wreath is a perfect solution for what to do with the centerpieces and who gets them. Where do you put them? In your belly. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I'm hosting easter this year and I think I'll make a wreath for the table and put a basket in the middle of it filled with the candy coated eggs and jelly beans.
    everybody remember to take pictures and post them if you can!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Does anyone have any ideas what you could use for the grass instead of coconut?  I hate coconut.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

sprinkles? or you could always pipe icing in there with a tip?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I think sprinkles would work.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Green sugar crystals? FI hates coconut too, so I made two without and they looked just as cute.

I love the idea of bunny peeps on the wreath. Normally, I like my peeps to be yellow and chick shaped, but I could make an exception for crafts!