Tarot Cards or Palm Readings in Boston?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Tarot Cards or Palm Readings in Boston?

Does anyone have a suggestion for a place to get a Tarot Card or Palm Reading in Boston?  My FSIL is interested in doing that for her bachelorette party.  I know of a couple of places on the South Shore, but a place in Boston would be good because we are likely getting dinner by Faneuil Hall.  Thanks ladies!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Re: Tarot Cards or Palm Readings in Boston?

In Response to Tarot Cards or Palm Readings in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have a suggestion for a place to get a Tarot Card or Palm Reading in Boston?  My FSIL is interested in doing that for her bachelorette party.  I know of a couple of places on the South Shore, but a place in Boston would be good because we are likely getting dinner by Faneuil Hall.  Thanks ladies!
    Posted by framerican51008[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the Tea Room is still there...  It's on that street directly across from Park St Station...  Across from Brueggers. 

I'm drawing a blank now because it's been so long since I worked in downtown Boston.  Maybe someone else will know what I'm talking about.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

On Tremont or one of the side streets?  Thanks Rap!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

In Response to Re: Tarot Cards or Palm Readings in Boston?:
    [QUOTE]On Tremont or one of the side streets?  Thanks Rap!!

It's on the side street that ends in Tremont, and Park St is right there.  Is it Summer St?  Or Winter St?  I always got those confused.  It's upstairs in one of the first buildings on the right side as you're walking from Park St to Downtown Crossing.  I think there's a falafel place on the first floor.

Okay, I just googled "tea room boston".  This is it!  http://tremont-tearoom.com/
    It's the corner of Tremont and Bromfield.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

it's still there. Last time my MIL was here with my SIL she insisted we go so that the psychic could read SIL's tea leaves.
    I personally don't like that stuff. It creeps me out. Self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.

[QUOTE]In Response to Tarot Cards or Palm Readings in Boston? : I wonder if the Tea Room is still there...  It's on that street directly across from Park St Station...  Across from Brueggers.  I'm drawing a blank now because it's been so long since I worked in downtown Boston.  Maybe someone else will know what I'm talking about.
    Posted by Rapunzel41[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Do you think it's too much to invite people there when it costs at least $30?  I am going to email them to see if I can get a group discount.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

[QUOTE]Do you think it's too much to invite people there when it costs at least $30?  I am going to email them to see if I can get a group discount.

For my friend's bachelorette party a few weeks ago, I took everyone to a private pole dancing class...  That was $40 pp and no one seemed to mind!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

I always feel bad "making" people spend money!!  You should have seen how stressed I was over my own bachelorette party.

I just wish it lasted more than 15 minutes for $30.

Thanks for the input!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Forgot to post a review for the Tremont Tearoom!

We went for my SIL's bachelorette party.  (Woo hoo she's officially my SIL now!)  To be honest, it wasn't that great.  5 of us had readings at the same time.  There was also a 6th person getting a reading, if I remember correctly.  It's basically one room with a wall down the middle separating it into two spaces.  It was really hard to focus and not listen to everyone else who was talking.  The other girls said the same thing. 
    Also, they didn't even ask us what kind of readings we wanted, they just automatically started doing tarot.  I had purchased coupons at www.groupon.com, so we got 30 minute readings for only $25, but I thought it was really bizarre that they didn't even ask what each of us wanted.  We could have wanted palm readings, tea leaves readings, etc.

It was fun, but I wouldn't go back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

you're better off, you have to drink the tea to get a tea reading and my SIL had a really hard time choking it down.

[QUOTE]Forgot to post a review for the Tremont Tearoom! We went for my SIL's bachelorette party.  (Woo hoo she's officially my SIL now!)  To be honest, it wasn't that great.  5 of us had readings at the same time.  There was also a 6th person getting a reading, if I remember correctly.  It's basically one room with a wall down the middle separating it into two spaces.  It was really hard to focus and not listen to everyone else who was talking.  The other girls said the same thing.  Also, they didn't even ask us what kind of readings we wanted, they just automatically started doing tarot.  I had purchased coupons at www.groupon.com , so we got 30 minute readings for only $25, but I thought it was really bizarre that they didn't even ask what each of us wanted.  We could have wanted palm readings, tea leaves readings, etc. It was fun, but I wouldn't go back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

I have never had a psychic reading before. What are everyone's thoughts on them? Anyone have any dead on or are they all kind of just basic general information that is not worth spending money on? Just curious because I have thought of getting one, but don't want to waste my money

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

If someone could recommend a really good "psychic" to you, it might be worth it, but my experiences haven't been that great.  Most recently, the guy talked about my husband the whole time and I found it really annoying.  I wanted to hear about my future career and my family!  (OK his future is my future, but you know what I mean.)  However, if any of the things the guy said turn out to be true, I will gladly eat my words :o)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Missy, I wasn't going to say anything since Fram didn't ask for opinions, but you did so here goes.  I don't believe in them and wouldn't be too happy, in fact, I'd be offended as a person of biblically based faith in God, to be asked to support that business. 

I don't think everyone who sees one is evil or whatever, but I personally wouldn't want my money going there or even be there.  I'd be in a very tough spot if I were in this person's bridal party, and I don't know what I'd do.

P.S.  I don't think $30 is too much to ask people to spend for a bridal event.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]I have never had a psychic reading before. What are everyone's thoughts on them? Anyone have any dead on or are they all kind of just basic general information that is not worth spending money on? Just curious because I have thought of getting one, but don't want to waste my money
    Posted by Missy509[/QUOTE]

I've had a number of really good tarot readings.  I also know that, generally, when people call a "psychic hotline," the person on the phone is also doing a tarot reading.  I don't know about any of the other stuff, but I would be willing to try it.  I think that, even if you don't believe in it, it could be fun.

Then again, PK makes me a little wary of a tea leaf reading, as I'm not a huge fan of tea - especially if I'm not allowed to put milk and sugar in it.  Whether I could drink it all would depend in large part on what kind of tea it is.