The wedding is over, but the drama continues!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

The wedding is over, but the drama continues!

This was just too good not to share.  Our wedding was last weekend, and I figured all wedding-related drama was done.  So wrong.  For those of you that don't remember this story, my uncle and his girlfriend (who are both pretty lousy people), went completely psycho when we didn't invite their 8-year-old to our wedding (no kids invited except for our 2 nieces that were in the bridal party).  They complained like whiny children to everyone in the family but DH and I.  Everyone told them to get over it, and thankfully they declined our wedding invite.

So, uncle's GF has Facebook.  She's friends with my 13-year-old cousin on there, so I check on their wall posts sometimes to make sure she's not feeding her any of her psycho-babble.  Last night, her status said something along the lines of "you can pick your friends but unfortunately you can't pick your or your significant other's family...no kids allowed except for the chosen few, bull$*&% to that!"  Yep, so this almost 50 year old woman is knocking our whole family on FB, like a high school girl.

I sent her a very kind message explaining that our guest list was our choice, it was ridiculous to try to turn it into a personal attack, and that if she has a problem she can be an adult and call me.  I don't think I'll be getting that call anytime soon, though.

People are unbelievable, huh?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rhm327. Show rhm327's posts

Re: The wedding is over, but the drama continues!

Good for you! Sounds like it was for the best that they weren't there to stir things up on your big day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

Good for you! Sounds like it was for the best that they weren't there to stir things up on your big day.
    Posted by rhm327

Oh, after everything they did before our wedding they wouldn't have been allowed inside had they showed up.  I was prepared to ask them to leave.  I kind of wish I got the chance to do that.  Innocent

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

kmt - I remember this story.  Wow, talk about catty and immature!!  a week after the wedding she's griping to the world on facebook??  She must not have a lot going on in her life if this takes up this much space in her brain.  I don't often say this, but she sounds like a complete b*tch.  Just not a nice person.  I hope her daughter doesn't end up exactly like her.  In a way (a sick way) it's almost funny - she obviously didn't get enough of a rise out of you and DH with all of her complaining before the wedding, so is desperately trying to achieve that in her disgustingly passive-agressive way.  Good for you for confronting her about it.  My guess is she is way too much of a coward to ever reply.  It would be funny if your 13 year old cousin wrote something to put her in her place.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

kmt, that is shameful.  How embarrassing.  I feel that some people have no clue what it is to be a mature, stable adult.  Whatever.  I can't believe that this wedding drama is continuing to happen, and no offense, but how did this (your wedding) become about them???  Seriously?  Some people need to get over themselves and stop being so selfish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neena101511. Show Neena101511's posts

Wow that's disturbing that adults who should be trying to set an example for there children are actually talking smack on FB of all places... Good for you for taking the higher ground!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Not to mention, what is a 50 year-old doing on Facebook anyway?  She should be like me and my friends who say "Facebook is stupid, what's the point, I don't get what it's for, the kids these days, etc. etc."  That's what 50 year olds do! 

But really, kmt, what a loser!  I would definitely get someone to respond to her raving!  Sigh!  you just can't pick your relatives! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

What does that say about me?  I'm 30 and I think FB is stupid!!  Ha, ha.  I say, "Oh, kids these days".  Ha, ha, ha...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

LOL. Sorry, she just has nothing else to do with her life, but STILL complain about this AFTER the wedding, and to a THIRTEEN year old?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

She actually told me that when I "grow up and have my own family," I'll understand.  I told her that when I do have my own family, as I've already done the growing up part, I can assure her that I will never understand her point of view, on anything.

Goodness, I was thinking the same thing.  I couldn't believe they took our wedding guest list and turned it into a personal attack.  Get over yourselves!  DH and I don't care about you enough to purposely try to offend you.

I know that calling her out won't change their behavior, but it felt great.  I've been waiting years to tell them how horrible I think they are for the way they've treated us.  They've even treated my grandfather like cr*p throughout all of his medical issues.  They tell him they'll visit, and they don't because they had "more important things to do" -- their own words.  Enough is enough.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

I'm just shy of 26 and I think Facebook is stupid.  But I've been sucked in and I just can't tear myself away from it.  LOL!  :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

facebook can cause unnecessary drama, and if you have to go that far to use fb to attack someone, than that is sad. If she was that upset even after the wedding, she could have emailed you personally. She shouldn't be bringing a 13 into this. If I were that girls mother, I would be pissed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

In Response to Re: The wedding is over, but the drama continues!:
    I'm just shy of 26 and I think Facebook is stupid.  But I've been sucked in and I just can't tear myself away from it.  LOL!  :)
    Posted by kmt09

Ha!  Me too!  Well, I'm 30, but agree that it is dumb, but addicting.  I only joined because all my friends were on it.  I wish I never had!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmt09. Show kmt09's posts

facebook can cause unnecessary drama, and if you have to go that far to use fb to attack someone, than that is sad. If she was that upset even after the wedding, she could have emailed you personally. She shouldn't be bringing a 13 into this. If I were that girls mother, I would be pissed.
    Posted by Peonie

Oh sorry, I should clarify that.  She didn't post this to my cousin, it was just on her own page.  However, my cousin is her friend on there, and I don't want her seeing that blatant attack on our family on her page.  My cousin is very family oriented and very sensitive, so this would really upset her.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Oh, ok. Still though...If my mother was on FB saying that kind of stuff, I would be embarassed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this! It's sad that weddings, which should be such a happy celebration, can bring on so much drama. Don't worry too much about what she wrote on FB. It's embarrassing for her that she felt the need to write it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

In Response to Re: The wedding is over, but the drama continues! : Ha!  Me too!  Well, I'm 30, but agree that it is dumb, but addicting.  I only joined because all my friends were on it.  I wish I never had!
    Posted by trex509

I've been asked to join from many of my friends.  They'll send me e-mails to my work address and to my Yahoo asking me to join.  Um, no.  I can't do it.  I'd rather stay out of it.  I feel it brings up a lot of drama and if there's someone out there that I don't talk to anymore, there's a reason.  Ha, I don't want to be found.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

Not to mention, what is a 50 year-old doing on Facebook anyway?  She should be like me and my friends who say "Facebook is stupid, what's the point, I don't get what it's for, the kids these days, etc. etc."  That's what 50 year olds do!  But really, kmt, what a loser!  I would definitely get someone to respond to her raving!  Sigh!  you just can't pick your relatives! 
    Posted by cosmogirl

Oh, Cos, you don't know what you're missing on FB!!!

I'm nearly 38 and I love it.  I found long lost friends from high school and college...  My mom is 62, living in Florida, and SHE'S found long lost friends from high school, not to mention loving that she can keep up with her family up in MA no matter the physical distance between them. 

If you can remove the teen-angst drama aspect from it, Facebook really is a great resource for staying in touch with family and friends.  Laughing

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

Wow, what a classy lady.  Yes, its very unfortunate that you can't pick your relatives - for you, not her.

Glad you said something.  And glad they didn't come to your wedding.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

kmt- you did the right thing. How silly and stupid of her. What most likely happened was that everyone's been calling them to say what a great time they had at your wedding and now they're sour grapes over it.

On another note, I love FB, it was great to see how all of those people I haven't seen in years are doing. It's like a yearbook for life.
    All these girls I grew up with having babies and getting married. It's really wonderful and amazing. I'm from a really small town, and I kind of miss that community feeling living in the city. Now with FB, practically everyone from that town is on there, so it's like I have that part of my life back. I'm glad to say I never had any enemies or frienemies there, but even if I did- am I really going to hold a grudge against someone from 5th grade? 8th grade? No. That's silly and petty.
    My stepdad joined and reconnected with the people he went to high school with on an army base in Germany. He could never afford to go to the reunions, but now he talks to all of them and sees their family pictures and stuff.
    The only FB drama I've encountered was wondering wether or not to accept a friend request from my ex-boyfriend.
    The best thing about FB is that if someone is causing drama and you don't care for it, just one click and you'll never hear from them or see their posts again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I can't imagine how awful her life is to make such drama and to personalize everything like that as an attack on her.  She must feel terrible every single day of her life for every waking moment.

Sorry you are stuck dealing with this woman, but, actually, because of your maturity, you really aren't stuck.  You put her in her place which will be far from you and DH.

And, by the way, you do have a family of your own already.  You are Mr. and Mrs. kmt.  That's a family.  If you have a child, you'll be a family of 3. :)

Best to you, and thanks for the update.  If it weren't so sad I'd be more amused, but what can ya do.

~kar

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

kmt, I think you did the right thing.  Enough is enough.  What is she doing posting her status on FB and being so immature about it?  I mean, seriously lady, get over yourself.  She's the only one making a big deal over it, and for what... it's not her wedding, their day, nothing.  Why are some people so compelled to bring attention to themselves?  No less, negative attention?  I would be embarrassed if I were her.  She's acting like a child.  She needs to act her age.

Good luck to you and your new hubby!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Missy509. Show Missy509's posts

I have to say I think she wrote what she did to the 13 yr old not to get a rise out of you (she may not even think you would see the post) but because I bet the 13 yr old wasn't invited to the wedding either? If so, she is trying to get people mad at you and 'on her side'

just my guess. still immature though. thats a highschool thing to do!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkb6248. Show dkb6248's posts

I think Pink is right...they have probably been hearing what a great wedding it was and how everyone had such a great time, so she is making a stink.  She reminds me of my mothers husband (I don't use the word step dad).  He didn't come to my wedding and then tried to start a bunch of drama after.  LAME.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

I think Pink is right...they have probably been hearing what a great wedding it was and how everyone had such a great time, so she is making a stink.  She reminds me of my mothers husband (I don't use the word step dad).  He didn't come to my wedding and then tried to start a bunch of drama after.  LAME.
    Posted by dkb6248

Why didn't he come to your wedding?  Sorry, you don't have to answer if it's too personal.

Sections
Shortcuts