Time to resurrect these boards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALF72. Show ALF72's posts

Re: Time to resurrect these boards

Nor can you make the same assumptions, pinkkittie.  If lemondrop is considering lawschool, chances are she has a spine and knows when to ignore comments and to ell people to go pound sand. I have yet to meet a lawyer who doesn't know how to tell someone that they disagree w/ to step off.  lol.

Even so, there is still time to run for the hills and consider MBA programs, medicine or some other career path.  lol.   Whatever path she chooses, and when she decides to have the wedding, will all work out in the end. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lemondrop23. Show lemondrop23's posts

Thank you all for your spirited opinions....they're why I've enjoyed reading these boards for so long.  It looks like for today at least, the boards have been resurrected. 

I know I have alot of HUGE decisions ahead of me, and I really do appreciate all of the different advice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

kitten- I know there aren't many grooms on weddng message boards, but I also don't think sites like TheKnot are exactly guy-friendly. They're very frilly and froofy, directly aimed at brides because marketers think women make decisions based on emotions, and they can talk them into dropping $5k on color coordinated, monogrammed cocktail napkins if they tell them it'll help them feel like a princess or make their wedding "perfect".
    Even my favorite wedding site OffBeatBride.com has "Bride" right in the title. It's sad that guys are made to feel useles and unwelcome when it comes to weddings. There are many successful male wedding planners, so clearly men do care and are capable of planning a great event. I just wish more sites reflected that. Especially with so many same-sex weddings now occurring.
    In reality some women never picture their wedding in great detail, and some guys do. My DH would have freaked if there was a tiny red dot on his tux. I wouldn't even notice, I spent as little as possible on my dress because I didn't really care.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rapunzel41. Show Rapunzel41's posts

In Response to Re: Time to resurrect these boards:
    [QUOTE] Rapunzel pulled the amazing stunt of buying a new house, attending grad(?) school and managed to plan her wedding all at the same time- which left me in awe! I wouldn't be able to do that, but she did. It's not for us to say. Experiences and stress level tolerances vary.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

We bought the house, moved, got a dog and bought a new car.  I started a new job, sued the old job, and planned the wedding, had the wedding, and went on a week long honeymoon.  In between all that I worked full time and finished my bachelor's degree.

In full disclosure, I was attentding UMass Amherst online, taking two undergrad classes each semester.  Definitely not the same as a first year law student, but still a lot of work and a lot of juggling involved.  I figure if my husband could still love me through all that, then we're golden!  LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

In Response to Re: Time to resurrect these boards:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Time to resurrect these boards : We bought the house, moved, got a dog and bought a new car.  I started a new job, sued the old job, and planned the wedding, had the wedding, and went on a week long honeymoon.  In between all that I worked full time and finished my bachelor's degree. In full disclosure, I was attentding UMass Amherst online, taking two undergrad classes each semester.  Definitely not the same as a first year law student, but still a lot of work and a lot of juggling involved.  I figure if my husband could still love me through all that, then we're golden!  LOL!
    Posted by Rapunzel41[/QUOTE]

I'm now convinced that you are Wonder Woman!! Smile

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I'm here.  I get married in 33 days and sent out my invites last Monday.  I've been recovering from ACL and meniscious surgery and sadly I won't be able to wear my fabulous shoes or do the ballroom dancing we had been practicing but I still get to be married. 
    We also bought a house on 12/29 and will move in early March after we come back from our HM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Can I just say that "step off" is a favorite Seinfeld phrase for me?!  It's from the one where George had a man crush on Elaine's jock boyfriend and the poor guy ends up falling off a cliff because of George's sandwiches.  I LOVE THAT SHOW! 

Anyway, Winter, happy recovery!  I hope it takes care of your pain and that you can enjoy dancing with DH at your reception despite not wearing your picked out shoes.  Congrats on the house, too!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

woo! you've got a lot going on, Winter! good lick with your wedding, move-in and recovery. hope you're pain free on your big day!
    Maybe you have your photog get a few shots of you sitting with your pretty shoes on, or your DH sweeping you off your feet!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oh, I love the idea of at least taking a dramatic photo of you in your pretty shoes so you can enjoy them!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

Pink, I love the idea of getting a picture of me sitting down in the shoes.  That's great.  Does anyone know if I'm the next bride?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from allreadymarried. Show allreadymarried's posts

Planning a wedding really is NOT that difficult that you can't work/school or anything else you want.