Unique Bridesmaid Gifts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdw1003. Show kdw1003's posts

Unique Bridesmaid Gifts

What are some unique bridesmaid gifts that you've either given or received?  I don't really want to give my girls (my sisters) the typical clutch, bag, necklace, gift card, etc.  I did get them matching earing and some small stationary, but I want to find something else unique.  Looking to stay below $50 each.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

Re: Unique Bridesmaid Gifts

How about music boxes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

I would just get something that you would get them for their birthday.  I only had a MOH I gave her a necklace and earrings to wear the day of but then got her a Coach wristlet that matched a purse she received for Christmas. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Yeah, I wouldn't have all their gifts be "matching" stuff.  I got my BM's individual presents based on their interests.  For one, i got her an ornament from a set she collects.  For another I got her books about crafting that she's into.  Stuff like that.  I enlisted the help of their SO's to figure out what things they had their eye on and surprised them with it.  It was SO much fun to watch them open their gifts bc they were things they actually really wanted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

One former bride on here (I'm blanking as to who it was) made custom cookbooks through an online vendor that contained recipies specific to each bridesmaid's situation/likes (e.g., vegetarian, mother of young children).  She also paired them with various aprons that each BM would appreciate.  I absolutely loved that idea and was bummed I had already purchased my BM's gifts (pearl necklace and earring set).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AGUY1. Show AGUY1's posts

How about a gift card to a spa.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

In Response to Re: Unique Bridesmaid Gifts:
    [QUOTE]One former bride on here (I'm blanking as to who it was) made custom cookbooks through an online vendor that contained recipies specific to each bridesmaid's situation/likes (e.g., vegetarian, mother of young children).  She also paired them with various aprons that each BM would appreciate.  I absolutely loved that idea and was bummed I had already purchased my BM's gifts (pearl necklace and earring set).
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

That's me! I used www.tastebooks.com to make the cookbooks and then a local vendor (www.stitchitout.com) made the girls a custom apron. Cooking was special to me and DH since we got engaged outside of a cooking class I was taking. They threw me a cooking-themed shower and everyone wore aprons, which just cracked me up because I had already bought the aprons by then. It was awesome! I tried to do themes, Southern for the girl married to a guy from South Carolina, 5 Ingredients for the girl who doesn't cook, Gluten Free for the girl who is allergic. It was time-consuming, but totally worth it. The girls loved them!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from clc51510. Show clc51510's posts

Ohh sorry Friar, I couldn't remember who did it.  I love that idea, so unique!

It's funny that they threw you a cooking theme shower that related to your gifts, the same thing happened to me.  My shower theme was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and everyone was wearing pearls and big sunglasses.  The girls had purchased tons of fake pearl necklaces for everyone to wear and decorated all of the tables with them.  Coincidentally I had already purchased real pearl necklaces and earrings for each of them as their gift.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYEBride2010. Show NYEBride2010's posts

I did bags with the their initals on it and the jewelry I had designed by a woman in Northampton along with my own jewelry.  Then I put little idividual things in for eah girl.  Plus I had bought the faux fur wraps for them to wear during the ceremony and pictures.  Make it unique to each girl and they will be grateful they didn't get another bag that says bridesmaid or something they MUST use for the wedding. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I'm also a big fan of buying each girl a gift that's unique for her.  Ask yourself "If it was her milestone birthday, what would I get?"

I don't think that anything to be used/worn at the wedding counts. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

[QUOTE]Ohh sorry Friar, I couldn't remember who did it.  I love that idea, so unique! It's funny that they threw you a cooking theme shower that related to your gifts, the same thing happened to me.  My shower theme was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and everyone was wearing pearls and big sunglasses.  The girls had purchased tons of fake pearl necklaces for everyone to wear and decorated all of the tables with them.  Coincidentally I had already purchased real pearl necklaces and earrings for each of them as their gift.
    Posted by clc51510[/QUOTE]

No apology necessary! I love the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" theme! They must have had fun putting that together!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1stTimeMom90709. Show 1stTimeMom90709's posts

A great gift that I received was a monogrammed lunch tote.  She also put some stuff inside the bag: a small bottle of wine, framed picture of all the bridesmaids from the shower and a necklace and earrings to wear for the wedding but I love the tote for work. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Vera Bradley just came out with a new, smaller makeup bag that's really cute (imo) for just under $30.  I just bought one, actually.  Love it.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdw1003. Show kdw1003's posts

With all your great ideas and one stop at TJMaxx I was able to pull together great BM gifts.  For each: Straw beach bag, beach towel, Hawaii water (we are going there on our HM), blue/green candle, frames (I printed pics of us at the shower to put in them), neat to do/shopping note pads and pearl earnings that I found on Etsy. 

Without the earnings, it came to under $50/bag and didn't look chintzy.

I put the bags together last night and they look great!  Looking forward to seeing the girls open all of their treats next month.

Thanks Ladies!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

kdw, what part of Hawaii are you going to.  I just got back from my HM on February 28th.  We went to Oahu, Maui, the Big Island and Kauai.  Hawaii is simply breath taking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdw1003. Show kdw1003's posts

We are going to Maui and Kauai (6 nights each).  Please PM me any suggestions.  We have our flight and hotel set.  Sheraton on Maui and Grand Hyatt on Kauai.  Can't wait....especially since there are 12+ inches of snow forecasted tonight for where I live.

[QUOTE]kdw, what part of Hawaii are you going to.  I just got back from my HM on February 28th.  We went to Oahu, Maui, the Big Island and Kauai.  Hawaii is simply breath taking.
    Posted by Winter2011Bride[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

kdw,
    I would highly recommend seeing the sunrise at Haleakala Crater in Maui.  We took a bus up the mountain..had to catch the bus at 3:45am, but it was so worth it.  If you do this, wear jeans, and a jacket/sweatshirt and bring gloves....it was 35 degrees on top of that mountain and you wait about an hour to see the sunrise.  You can do a bike ride down, but recently they stopped them from starting at the top, they lost too many riders.  They also do a sunset tour, but we opted to see the sunrise since I had never seen one before. 

We took a 4X4 tour through Kauai and that place is my favorite it's just beautiful.  The Fern Grotto in Kauai is beautiful as is the Naplai Coast we were able to see it from our balcony on the ship but I know that have a tour boat that getes close to it. 

We went for 10 days and spent the first three days on Waikiki beach then took the 7-day cruise around to the other islands. 

My avatar is a sunrise that I caught from our balcony that last morning when we were pulling into Honolulu.

Here is a picture of the sunrise from atop of the crater.