Waxing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Waxing

aspirin does, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

That's incorrect.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is not an NSAID and does not change coagulation, so it would not have an impact on bruising. Ibuprofen (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) and aspirin do, which is why you have to be careful taking them prior to surgeries and medical procedures which may cause bleeding.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You can use a topical anesthetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

oh now I'm confused!

Kar, where could I get that?  I'm heading to the salon right from work, though I have about an hour in between.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Any drug store should carry one compatible with waxing.  The hard wax kits I use, Sally Hansen, contain a little bottle of it.  I think you should be able to find something in that section.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

well, looks like I had things all bassackwards. sorry.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

lol, thanks ladies!  my computer is misbehaving so this may be my last post for the day!  wish me luck! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teeny331. Show teeny331's posts

OUCH! So I got it done, and may not do it again, but glad I went through with it.  I'm a little POd since I have to go back today because of a bunch of hairy patches on my legs.  DKB, thanks for recommending Jill at EG, she was wonderful, she did my bikini and underarms since my esthetician was running late with her appointment.  My scheduled esthetician was a sweetheart, great conversation, but didn't do a thourough job.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Glad it (kind of) worked out!
    Isn't it funny... It seems like they are being so thorough and then you find patches.  One lady at my spa seems to pretend to pluck my underarms because I get home and there are still plenty of hairs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Was it better than the first experience?  If you do decide you like the results and can stand the pain, I think it does get easier and easier pain wise (if you are using hard wax - the kind without press on strips).

Congrats on going through with it!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

glad there was no bruising!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

OUCH!  I could SO never do that.  I wax my chin (stupid hairs!) but it is not that sensitive.  I'm quite impressed that anyone can do any larger areas!

Does anyone use the soft wax at home?  I used to use hard wax, but it was very difficult to get all the hair. The soft wax works MUCH better, but it makes a mess!  How the heck do you get it off your skin afterwards?  I end up with it on my fingers and residue on my neck and the "wax off" doesn't really get rid of it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prill. Show Prill's posts

Trex - that is why I say that waxing should ALWAYS be done by a trained professional.  Like lightening ones own hair, some things are just not suitable for DIY!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

trex, I can use the soft wax on my legs, but have to use the hard wax on my bikini area or it damages me the way it did poor Rap.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

In Response to Re: Waxing:
    [QUOTE]Trex - that is why I say that waxing should ALWAYS be done by a trained professional.  Like lightening ones own hair, some things are just not suitable for DIY!
    Posted by Prill[/QUOTE]

Oh, I could never pay to have my chin waxed every other week in a salon.  That costs WAY too much.  And I do a decent job of it.  I just switched to the soft wax which as I said works way better, it is just messy.  But I'm sure I'll figure it out!  The cost of the waxing kit was less than 1 visit to a salon!

I do however have my eyebrows done by a professional!   I screwed those up a few times on my own and gave up.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Trex - I'm not too clear on terminilogy... Which wax is the one that comes in a little tub and you heat it up in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and then apply it when a stick?
    That is what I use for bikini from time to time.  Any excess wax comes off with that oil that's included.  I rub my fingertips with it afterwards!  ...Or any surfaces that I dropped the stick on lol.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

Fram: sounds like the same thing!  I use a soft wax kit (microwaveable) by Gigi.  It uses the muslin strips.  It came with a wax off lotion, but I rubbed it on and then wiped it off with a kleenex like it says to and my chin was still sticky!  Just in a few spots, but annoying.  Even after showering, still sticky!  Same with my fingers.  I googled and they said to try baby oil, so maybe I'll try that next time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from incenced. Show incenced's posts

I used to go to Karen Golden for years, I only stopped going because she was too far away.  She is fantastic, and really works with you on your pain and tolerance level.  And she's a riot

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

You heat both types of wax in the microwave and apply with a stick.

Hard wax hardens on your skin (trapping the hair) and before it gets super hard, you rip it off.  The wax itself becomes a strip.

Soft wax requires that you apply a strip of muslin or whatever type of paper strips come in the package, and you rip off the strip and with it the still sticky wax.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

Trex - The oil I was talking about is like baby oil, except it probably has aloe or something.  Works great at getting wax off!

Sections
Shortcuts