Wedding day transportion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Wedding day transportion

Hi Guys! One of the things I've slacked on with our planning is day-of transportation. We are having a daytime wedding, with the ceremony & reception at the same place. The hotel is about a 10 minute, 3 mile drive on back roads. Most of the guests on my side will only stay at the hotel the night before the wedding and will be driving home that afternoon/evening so I assume they will not need or use a shuttle. There is a good possibility that quite a few guests on FI's side will stay at the hotel both nights and are not familiar with the area, but I have no idea because he won't even give me a rough estimate! Now that there's only 8 weeks to go, I don't even know if we'll find anything available. It's impossible to start looking when I have no clue if 5 or 50 people would actually use it! Can I just forget about it or will it be rude to his side of the guest list?

Also - for those that had ceremony & reception at the same location, did you use a limo? Was it worth the cost?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Re: Wedding day transportion

Hi Cici,
     We did not provide transportation.  It's a nice perk, but peopple don't expect it and with such a short amount of time left, why stress yourself out?
    We had our ceremony & reception in the same place, also very close to the hotel.  I rode there with a friend before the ceremony (got dressed there, so we just lugged the dress).  DH & I scheduled a town car to come pick us up afterward & drop us at the hotel.  We could have gotten a limo, but for a short ride, we didn't care.  I think it cost us like $50 plus tip & it was nice. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I think you can skip it. It's a nice luxury, but not necessary.
    As long as people can leave their cars at the venue overnight, if necessary, you should be just fine.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from framerican51008. Show framerican51008's posts

You can absolutely skip it.  Personally, I never expect transportation to be provided.  That's what mapquest/gps/designated drivers are for.

We had a shuttle because my MIL insisted on paying for it...  No one except for the groomsmen and parents used it even though I had spread the word to everyone who stayed at the hotel.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhirledPeasPlease. Show WhirledPeasPlease's posts

We had a shuttle that picked up people at the hotel and dropped them off at the venue (same place for ceremony and reception), then dropped them back off at the hotel at the end of the night. About 80% of our guests were from out of town, though, so they didn't know the area. That said, I don't think providing transportation is necessary. 

We used a limo, but only because it was included with our venue. It picked up my bridesmaids and me and took us to the venue, which was pretty fun. I'm glad I didn't have to drive, but we would've skipped the limo if it hadn't been included.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from smsalty. Show smsalty's posts

a little over half of my guests are coming from out of town as my FI is from PA, that being said I am renting 15 passenger vans to take guests from the hotel to the church and then on to the venue, after that I am having just one van throughout the night and to take guests back at the end. I did feel obligated to provide some type of transportation for the same reason I feel obliged to provide an open bar, they are our guests and we asked them to join us from several hundred miles away, most are flying and to pay for a plane ticket, a rental car, and bring a gift(even if we asked for no gifts most would still bring one anyway) it just felt like a lot to ask from loved ones. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasmine09. Show jasmine09's posts

1. you can skip the shuttle, and i encourage you to do so.  people can drive, or call a cab.
    2. if you blocked rooms at the hotel, the hotel should be able to tell you how many booked in your block. 
    3. you don't need a limo.  we didn't have one, and i have no regrets about that.  we had a similar situation to yours, so it was unnecessary.
    4. corrolary: if you are driving your own car back to the hotel (as we did), don't let anyone else run off with your keys before the end of the night.  our trying-to-be-helpful family member swooped up an important bag of stuff and brought it to his hotel room to help us clean up the getting ready room.  When the night was over, we realized that the KEYS TO OUR CAR were missing, among other important things.  Panic and mad searching of our entire venue ensued, until someone remembered that they gave a bag of stuff to this person when he was on his way out.  Then someone had to drive to the hotel, get the keys, and drive back with them before we could leave the venue.  The whole hunt and return of the keys probably took 90 minutes, and we were exhausted at that point... how's that for a random, uninteresting anecdote?

happy monday!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Totally forget about it, completely unnecessary.  For a 10 minute drive, it would probably be even more trouble for guests than having people drive themselves.  People LIKE to have control of when they come and go when it's just that little distance.