Wedding favor ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Wedding favor ideas

Trying to come up with a good idea for wedding favors that ties into our New Englandy theme. 

We're getting married on a cranberry bog (also a golf club) in September, followed by a fairly laid back reception in a tent.  We're tying cranberries into our color scheme, signature drinks and flowers/centerpieces so something cranberry related could work.  Or since the venue is in Plymouth something related to that area or the cape?

Working with a pretty small budget of about $3 per favor.  Any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

Re: Wedding favor ideas

maybe a natural cranberry soap?
    There are lots of great soapmakers on Etsy.com
    I'd do an alchemy request for cranberry soap, x amount of bars for $2-$3 a piece.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Or along the same lines, cranberry scented candles?  Not sure if you can find them for your price range, but candles are always used afterwards, too.  I like the soap idea, and my one Etsy experience (thanks to Pink) was awesome.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

White chocolate cranberry cookies?  Cranberry tea?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

Great ideas!!! I'll have to look into these. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from trex509. Show trex509's posts

My friend made a big batch of mulling spices (for apple cider) and filled little mason jars from Michaels.  They were really cute, doubled as the place cards, and we use them every fall!  Not cranberry, but very fall in New England.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

We're doing cookie mixes in mason jars. I found this recipe for white chocolate cranberry cookies if you wanted to do the same thing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SSBride09. Show SSBride09's posts

FriarGirl - what an awesome idea!  I love that!  Where did you get the mason jars and recipe cards?  I'll have to check out Michaels.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Oooh, I love that idea, too!  Cookie mix in mason jars, how much fun is that, and you can put a nice cranberry ribbon on it...love it, love it, love it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from smsalty. Show smsalty's posts

just reading and you can get all different types of mason jars at christmas tree shops for cheap just may to visit all of them to get the amount u need! or micheals i have seen them there too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FriarGirl03. Show FriarGirl03's posts

Thanks Ladies! The cheapest I've found mason jars is actually Shaw's believe it or not - $10/case of 12 one quart wide mouth Ball jars. I borrowed a Mason Jar Cookbook from the library (or you can find them online), picked some recipes and we're going to print the recipes on cardstock and tie them around the top with a ribbon. Get this: we're putting "Friar Girl & Mr. Wonderful - The Perfect Mix" on the other side of the recipe. (That's my favorite part!) I haven't found mason jars at Christmas Tree Shop yet. The ones at Michael's are nicer (and by that I mean plain) but they're also $1.20 a jar and I'd rather save the money. We're going to get the ingredients at BJ's.

I'm glad you like the idea!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

Friar, that's adorable - love the pun.  That's what favors are all about, fun!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Friar - that is the greatest idea!  So clever :)

SShore - The first thing I thought of when I read your post was cranberry frogs (like Turtles w/ cranberies added).  Also, chocolate covered cranberries. Yum...