Wedding hair styles....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Wedding hair styles....

Please show your wedding hairstyles that you had, or that you plan on having! I have this picture saved on my computer. It is pretty "wedding-y", but my hair isn't very thick and I can't think of what else I would really do, and since I am getting married in August, I can't imagine wearing it down, for sweating reasons.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernLghts. Show NorthernLghts's posts

Re: Wedding hair styles....

It's not a link to my hair, but here's a link that's been going around the boards for awhile. Hopefully it'll have some suggestions that will work for you.

http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b207/be_byte6/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

Here is a picture from the wedding episode during the first season of Shear Genius.  I'm trying to see if there's a better picture, though, because the back is really cool.  If I recall correctly, this bride had pretty long hair.

ETA:  I want to clarify.  I have not chosen my wedding hair.  I just think the picture looks cool.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

I wore my hair in a simple bob. I went for a silent film style look with the bob, a light smokey eye and wine red lips.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Peonie - that picture is almost exactly what I had!  But mine was a little bit lower, and I didn't have the poof at the top (or the tiara or the bangs).  I LOVED this style because it was weightless - so comfortable, cool, and although by the middle to end of the reception it started getting a tiny bit messier (from all of my dancing), it was just little curls that would pop out and actually looked cute!  (if I do say so myself Tongue out

My hair was long (probably about chest length), but not thick.  My husband really loves my hair down, so there was part of me that was thinking I should wear it down for the wedding... but in the end I knew it would be hot and more maintenence down.  And he still talks to this day about how much he loved my hair that day, which is very sweet.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Thanks, Poppy! I want the poof, but no tiara and no bangs :) Pink, you have beautiful porcelain skin!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

I actually like the poof - my hairstylist just didn't do it. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

Yeah, I think the poof adds some volume to my otherwise flat, boring hair!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

thanks, Peonie! Sunscreen is my best friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

lucy- I think that would look great on you! Was this the one with the big loop in the back?

Peonie- I can't tell, is it a braided bun or pinned-up curls?

did anyone see the pics of Chelsea Clinton's wedding? I love her hairstyle and dress. It was so breezy and airy, like she'd float away in a bubble any second like Glinda.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peonie. Show Peonie's posts

It is pinned up curls. And yes, I loved Chelsea's dress and veil!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding hair styles....:
    [QUOTE]lucy- I think that would look great on you! Was this the one with the big loop in the back? Peonie- I can't tell, is it a braided bun or pinned-up curls? did anyone see the pics of Chelsea Clinton's wedding? I love her hairstyle and dress. It was so breezy and airy, like she'd float away in a bubble any second like Glinda.
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

It was the one with the big loop in the back, but I'm not quite ready for hair trials.  For one thing, what looks good on me now (young and blond) may not be what looks good on me when I get married (old and gray). 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cicirose. Show cicirose's posts

Peonie, my hair is fine and thin so I worried about having enough for it to look good. This is what I ended up with...

ETA : oops that was a huge photo that I didn't size properly and it was probably starting to fall out by the end of the day, but you get the idea

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

lucy- but, you know, if you have any black-tie affairs to attend in the near future you could go for it.

cici- that's very pretty, i like your hair pins!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from laryan. Show laryan's posts

loved chelsea clinton's hairstyle....loved the dress... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

This is a photo of myself and my BMs - for some reason we did this silly pose, but I actually love it.  You can see the hair I had, as well as other options!  This is fun!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

In Response to Re: Wedding hair styles....:
    [QUOTE]Peonie - that picture is almost exactly what I had!  But mine was a little bit lower, and I didn't have the poof at the top (or the tiara or the bangs).  I LOVED this style because it was weightless - so comfortable, cool, and although by the middle to end of the reception it started getting a tiny bit messier (from all of my dancing), it was just little curls that would pop out and actually looked cute!  (if I do say so myself )  
    Posted by poppy609[/QUOTE]
    Mine was also really similar, though without the bangs, poof, and tiara.  My "bun" (or whatever you want to call the updo part) was done to the side, and my stylist put a few flowers (provided for this purpose by the florist).  It stayed in so well all night, and I also liked how it looked a little messy toward the end of the night.  I loved it, and got the ultimate compliment -- a friend who got married this weekend modeled her hair after mine!!  

I have no idea how to post pictures, but if I'm feeling ambitious, I'll try to figure it out!  (Or if anyone wants to provide another tutorial -- I know there have been some in the past -- that would be great!!)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Oh, fun!  I wanted a hair thread.  :)

This is what I want, because my hair is thin and will undoubtedly be a mess if I leave it down all day.  Since I have natural curls that are relatively tight and can be wild at times, I think I'll need to straighten, then use curlers or a curling iron to get bigger curls to use in the bun - or whatever this is.  I think I'll have the stylist try to give me a little volume that'll boost the sides before sweeping it back, too, as I don't want any straight-on photos from the front to make me look bald.  :) 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Winter2011Bride. Show Winter2011Bride's posts

These are great.  I do have a style in mind, but found the picture in a magazine.  I'll see if I can scan it then I'll post. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Beautiful, Rirlo!

Spinning - there is a little icon of a tree at the bottom of the window where you type posts... (next to the "ABC" spell check icon).  If you click that, you can browse for a photo, click "save", and it posts the pic into your post.  Then you can resize.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Wow, that's easy....  (And okay, maybe mine wasn't like the one posted above -- actually, I think my trial was much closer to that, and clearly the final product was a little different.  I don't have very much hair, though, so I might have been imagining a bun where there was none!)  I might have better pics at home (and pro pics any minute now!!!), but hopefully this gives an idea.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

poppy & spinning- beautiful! and spinning those orchids look lovely with your hair color.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rirlo01. Show Rirlo01's posts

Thanks, Poppy!  Love yours, too, and that photo is fun.  Talk about perfect for a hair thread. 

Gorgeous, Spinning! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poppy609. Show poppy609's posts

Spinning  - love that hair!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from spinningwheel. Show spinningwheel's posts

Thanks!!  Finding a good stylist was a little bit of a challenge, so I was especially happy with it.  I love looking at these posts (hair, dresses), it's so fun to see all the different and beautiful styles!