Wedding Invites

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

Re: Wedding Invites

In Response to Re: Wedding Invites:
    [QUOTE]Goodness, I forgot I won't be around today.  Will get your email late this afternoon, hopefully.  Have a great day, everyone!  The pup and I are going on a little day trip of errands and visiting.
    Posted by kargiver[/QUOTE]

Kar, I'm going to set up my account tonight.  I got so bogged down with stuff last night, that I didn't get a chance to get to it.  Will do tonight!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucy7368. Show lucy7368's posts

[QUOTE]you know the facebook thing has been really refreshing. Seeing that you ladies aren't serial killers and are just nice people whom I've met online has restored some of my faith in humanity. In Response to Re: Wedding Invites :
    Posted by pinkkittie27[/QUOTE]

I like to see that you are all real people, and not just friends that I made up in my head...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

Goodness, I just wanted to add my 2 cents since it sounds like your head is ready to blast off from your neck from stress!

Whatever topic you happen to be stressing about at the moment, decide if it's something you can control or not...  You can't control your MIL's behavior, her dress, or whatever comes out of her mouth, so just let it go.  Tell yourself you'll think about it AFTER the wedding.

Trust your vendors...don't worry/second guess/invent problems that aren't there.  You hired these folks because they're professionals, and that's what you are paying them for.  They will come through, you don't have to stress about them.

If there is anything that's still on your "to-do" list, get it done, i.e. wrapping your attendant gifts.  You'll feel less stressed if whatever needs to be done IS done.

Finally, you're close to the biggest day of your life so far (or at least one of them...).  It's reasonable to be anxious to a degree, so realize it goes with the territory and we have all been there.  Try to plan small activites that will make you laugh or relax ...  quick lunch with a friend, a favorite magazine, a walk, a TV show. 

Everything will be fine.  Honest!  Good luck! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heatherv1211. Show heatherv1211's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Invites : I had actually changed my picture to one of Charles Manson before I posted that, but then it mysteriously vanished... Did BDC get mad? And, PK!  Yes, like Clue!  I call Ms. Scarlett.
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

LOL - Now I see him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinkkittie27. Show pinkkittie27's posts

LOL :)

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Invites : I like to see that you are all real people, and not just friends that I made up in my head...
    Posted by lucy7368[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goodness1. Show Goodness1's posts

[QUOTE]Goodness, I just wanted to add my 2 cents since it sounds like your head is ready to blast off from your neck from stress! Whatever topic you happen to be stressing about at the moment, decide if it's something you can control or not...  You can't control your MIL's behavior, her dress, or whatever comes out of her mouth, so just let it go.  Tell yourself you'll think about it AFTER the wedding. Trust your vendors...don't worry/second guess/invent problems that aren't there.  You hired these folks because they're professionals, and that's what you are paying them for.  They will come through, you don't have to stress about them. If there is anything that's still on your "to-do" list, get it done, i.e. wrapping your attendant gifts.  You'll feel less stressed if whatever needs to be done IS done. Finally, you're close to the biggest day of your life so far (or at least one of them...).  It's reasonable to be anxious to a degree, so realize it goes with the territory and we have all been there.  Try to plan small activites that will make you laugh or relax ...  quick lunch with a friend, a favorite magazine, a walk, a TV show.  Everything will be fine.  Honest!  Good luck! 
    Posted by cosmogirl[/QUOTE]

Cosmo, thank you so much for your words and for breaking it down for me.  Really, looking at the big picture, it can be a bit intimidating.  I don't like that part of myself, either.  I stress SO easily.  I go and check my blood pressure at that little machine at CVS and it changes all the time, but usually stays pretty consistent when I'm stressed.  It's high :(  Once I calm down, though, it goes back to normal. 

The irony is, that I completely trust my vendors.  I haven't even met all of them, but I just have this instinct about them.  I know they'll do a good job.  They all keep up with me on e-mail, and are very responsive. 

I think I'm more concerned with making sure and knowing that everything will be ok with my in-laws after marriage.  I know how excited his mom is for the wedding, and I know how she wants to look good, etc.  I get that.  Sometimes, it can be too much.  I think in my head that I can't control what other people do or think, and I can't wrap my head around why I can't get it to apply to this - my wedding. 

I just haven't been that bride this entire time.  I haven't stressed at all up until a couple weeks ago.  When I'm calm and talking to friends, family, and just asking questions... when I get a "calm down" from them when I am calm, makes me wonder.  Um, I am calm.  Self fulfilling profecy :( 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Invites : Kar, I'm going to set up my account tonight.  I got so bogged down with stuff last night, that I didn't get a chance to get to it.  Will do tonight!
    Posted by Goodness1[/QUOTE]

No problem, I'll be here. :)

Sections
Shortcuts